• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

vuvuzelas

Jolly_Roger

I work with a guy who just came back from South Africa with the Green and Gold Army.

He spent some time talking to one of the management team at melbourne victory. They were discussing vuvuzelas and how they might filter into the australian landscape.

The comments from the victory guy was that they will ban them as a OHS issue. Lets hope that the mariners and other clubs do the same.

FFC Mariner

Happy to shove any vuvuzela up the arse of the person blowing it (sideways)

Trust the GGA to think they are cool. What a bunch of absolute wankers they are. Doubtless  they plan to sponsor them from some gambling firm or the like?

marinermick

From what I understand the Mariners' management will be actively promoting them for matches.

Having experienced them myself they are no big deal. You actually tune them out after a while.

The big problem will be with the active support. Everytime the Australian supporters got a chant up the South African public at the games joined in with the vuvuzelas and this drowned out the chants.

I have also seen them used to great effect in conjunction with singing and used for visual effect during chants by thrusting them forward in the same way supporters do with scarves.

Oh, I hope your mate enjoyed donating his money to the GGA and experiencing sleeping in a tent for the same price I was able to let a luxury two-bedroom apartment in Cape Town.

kevrenor

marinermick said:
From what I understand the Mariners' management will be actively promoting them for matches.

Having experienced them myself they are no big deal. You actually tune them out after a while .......

Remember Mick when we had smaller versions in the NSL, I bought mine at King Tom, but they were banned .... probably still are in the ground rules.

We used mine at the Breakers! Should I bring mine to the first game?

marinermick

kevrenor said:
marinermick said:

Having experienced them myself they are no big deal. You actually tune them out after a while .......

Remember Mick when we had smaller versions in the NSL, I bought mine at King Tom, but they were banned .... probably still are in the ground rules.

We used mine at the Breakers! Should I bring mine to the first game?

For the life of me I cannot remember them.

Don't think the guys in the press box will appreciate you blowing it during the match ;-)

Part_Timer

no-vuvuzelas1.jpg

plz kkthnx

fedelta

marinermick said:
The big problem will be with the active support.

Do active supporters get a say in the whole vuvuzela subject?
Vuvuzelas combined with the free junior memberships should be fun for active support..

Harsulas_SFC

We already queried it with SFC management and they confirmed that they are banned at the SFS.  So if you like your football vuvuzela free.... you know where to be  ;D

Paolo

We are talking about a club which always hands out sponsored clappers, thundersticks and other sponsored shit to piss adults off. I expect there will b free vuvuzelas at all games

adz

Staff member
Paolo said:
We are talking about a club which always hands out sponsored clappers, thundersticks and other sponsored shit to piss adults off. I expect there will b free vuvuzelas at all games

The masterfoods stuff is ok though ;D

Matt--Simon

They could be quite fun annoying the shit out of the away supporter bay the best the scum supporters would cant afford them. I guess the scum supports will have there free posters or game guides rolled up making the vuvuzela noise threw them

fedelta

Matt--Simon said:
They could be quite fun annoying the shit out of the away supporter bay the best the scum supporters would cant afford them. I guess the scum supports will have there free posters or game guides rolled up making the vuvuzela noise threw them

cringe

Jolly_Roger

marinermick said:
Oh, I hope your mate enjoyed donating his money to the GGA and experiencing sleeping in a tent for the same price I was able to let a luxury two-bedroom apartment in Cape Town.

I know he went with a tour group. I assumed it was the GGA . I know he was in a hotel and rubbing shoulders on a day to day basis with many of the who's who of australian football. Thats how he met the guy from the melbourne victory.

Out of interest, what were the GGA army charging to stay in a tent cty?

J

jiggles

From what I heard, they were going to be brought in...but have taken some sound advice, and will not be giving them away this season.

MrCelery

Vuvuzelas are nothing new. They used to be plentiful (and annoying) at NSL matches many years ago. I'm sure they were ultimately banned, and in my opinion, should stay that way.

Other fun devices allowed into grounds before the 'fun police' took over included air raid sirens, wooden rachet rattles, air horns (in a can), and my favourite, car air horns (5 tubes) powered by a car battery. It was bloody heavy, but useful for away matches if attacked by the Croats.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred