• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Vukovic saga sparks law review

swarey

Vukovic saga sparks law review

(Article from The Australian)

THE A-League's disciplinary regulations will be reviewed before the start of next season in the wake of the Danny Vukovic saga.

Vukovic, the Olyroos and Central Coast Mariners goalkeeper successfully appealed against the severity of his suspension after being found guilty of striking referee Mark Shield in last season's grand final.

The young keeper was initially banned for 15 months, six months of which was suspended, but had a window in the ban opened on his second appeal which would allow him to take part at the Beijing Games, if selected.

Football Federation Australia chief executive Ben Buckley said the review would ensure the code's disciplinary provisions were consistent with the sport internationally and also with what he termed "community expectations".

The review will include analysis from the Asian Football Confederation, AFL, NRL, referees and past and present players. Buckley also unveiled a blueprint for the establishment of a national women's league, and a national "Joeys" under-14 team.

On the subject of expansion Buckley said: "In no particular order of priority, the FFA has ear-marked western Sydney and a second club in Melbourne, as well as clubs on the Gold Coast and Townsville."

Meanwhile, Adelaide United's Asian Champions League campaign has been dealt a blow with Brazilian left-back Cassio sustaining a knee injury that could rule him out for the rest of the group stage. The Reds lead group E, with two matches left in the stage, against South Korea's Pohang Steelers and China's Changchun Yatai this month.

Lets just hope that they get it right!!

I understand getting input from AFC, Referees, past and present players, but what does the AFL & NRL have to do with real football??

skilbeck

I reckon the next person that does exactly what danny does should spend a long time on the sidelines, I reckon the sackwhackgate incident opened up a can of worms that danny took advantage of that now must be closed for future reference. if the sackwhack event occurs in the future the FFA should have power to upgrade the card to a red and then discipline him

FFC Mariner

But the sackwhack incident was NOT dealt with on the pitch.

Didnt the ref confess that the card was for what c**tboy said and not what he did???

The FFA have no excuses for going soft (ooo er missus) on the sackwhack and then over compensating with Danny.

Wankers the lot of em

skilbeck

Greenpoleffc said:
But the sackwhack incident was NOT dealt with on the pitch.

Didnt the ref confess that the card was for what c**tboy said and not what he did???

The FFA have no excuses for going soft (ooo er missus) on the sackwhack and then over compensating with Danny.

Wankers the lot of em

thats what i thought the card was for verbal dissent not striking but whatever the case, this should be put behind us and the loophole should be plugged now

dibo

swarey said:
I understand getting input from AFC, Referees, past and present players, but what does the AFL & NRL have to do with real football?

I don't see the need, but plenty of people on this and other forums raised the Barry Hall incident, the Nick D'Arcy incident and other incidents of violent conduct in one area or another particularly with a view to arguing that we punish violent conduct too harshly compared to other sports.

FFC Mariner

Nick D'Arcy is different as it happened off the field.

TBH, any HAL player (Mariner or not) who did what he is alleged to have done deserves to be rubbed out for ever.

As for looking at how other codes punish, I cant see the harm as it is arrogant on the extreme to believe we have the perfect system.

A judiciary where all red cards and video citings are reported might work (at least we might have some transparency).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred