• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

'Vukovic erupts at second ref' - SMH

Bear

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
The fact that I'm a philosophy major is probably also partly responsible for why I get so frustrated at irrational arguments :p

There is your problem, your philosophy voodoo mumbo jumbo wont work on me ;)

tikky

agree with Gus here about mistakes for sure...
and sure some ref's shouldnt be refs (ie. Mark Shields, Matthew Breeze etc.) but to say ref's are destroying the game, it seems to be a pretty ignorant comment IMO.
I have had my fair share of fights with ref's (as well as abusing them from my couch at home. ie. Graham Poll in 2006) but still at the end of the day I appreciate ref's for their efforts (most of the time, except when they card me for dissent :p)
And personally I don't see the problem with Gus giving possible reasons!
2 sides to every story?

On the note of Vukovic. I thought he would be more careful after the GF!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Vooks got the whole front page of the Advocate to himself this morning, didnt mention the card not being reported either

goingtoadisco

Interesting points.

Danny is an idiot. If someone can argue that Danny is not then i would love to hear it becouse if you have a suspended sentance for abusing a ref you would be an IDIOT to abuse a ref again  while that suspended sentance still stands !

As for dissent.... well it happens and it always will happen bad refereeing or not. All players will burst out at some point in there career, most will get the yellow maybe even a red and get over it and wot do it again. but as for Danny, after all hes been through, you would have to be an idiot to abuse another referee.

priorpeter

mmm.. the media will take anything they can get and run with it, turn it into the biggest scandal since.. ever. it's a given, its a fact of life - just to point out the obvious.

*edit* danny was quoted in todays express advocate as saying he "regrets what happened" but it has all been really "blown out of proportion".

FFC Mariner

Good post actually?

Gee thanks Gus, your praise validates my entire reason for being on earth.

Actually???

Actually???

You were surprised that it was a good post, you didnt expect anyone to be able to mount an arguement but you??

:headbutt:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Umm, the 'actually' was in response to Bear saying that I'll probably argue with you.  As for your latest post in this thread - probably in the running for 'most idiotic post of the year'.  Well done on dragging this thread down, give yourself a pat on the back.  Talk about a goddamn reaction over nothing. 

Sarcastic muppet.

FFC Mariner

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
Umm, the 'actually' was in response to Bear saying that I'll probably argue with you.  As for your latest post in this thread - probably in the running for 'most idiotic post of the year'.  Well done on dragging this thread down, give yourself a pat on the back.  Talk about a goddamn reaction over nothing. 

Sarcastic muppet.

Gee I would have been enjoyed being reffed by a "griffiths" like you. Well worth a red

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

What?  That doesn't even make sense......

Seriously mate, we don't need this shit on here.  I'm bored of this bickering already - let's keep it to the thread topic or not waste everybody's time with irrelevant and petty rubbish, hmm?

Continue it if you really feel the need - you'll be talking to yourself though.

Back on topic, the media reaction COULD have been worse - we could've been seeing editorials completely tearing Danny to shreds.  It's far from the worst media blowup we've seen relating to football - at least there's some substance to this.

But Danny needs to realise that the media are going to jump over every little thing he does - he certainly doesn't need this sort of bad publicity, especially so early in his career - and the Mariners certainly don't need the bad publicity either. 

His passion and fire is one of the things we all love about him, and are part of what makes him such a top keeper - he simply needs to learn to reign it in in certain situations - he's earnt a few cautions for it over the years.

Fortunately the HAL referees are extremely reluctant to give anybody a straight red for abuse (so far) - I think abusing a referee would be sufficient to invoke his suspended sentence, but I doubt 2 cautions for dissent would be.

clarence

1) Refs make mistakes, players make mistakes, managers and coaches make mistakes and spectators make mistakes. WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES.
2) Even if you went to fulltime professional refs mistakes will still occur.
3) Even going to the radical step of video replays and stopping the game while a decision is being made by a video ref, is NOT going to stop mistakes *cough* NRL *cough*. And I believe that will kill the flow of any Football game.
4) Any player on a suspended sentence should be very aware of refs who wanna become the Wyatt Earp's of the A-League and find some reason to report the player. From all the comment that came out about Danny's sending off, the sentence and appeals, you can safely say there's a number of people within the Football community who believe he got off lightly. Maybe that ref had a bee in his bonnet about the fact Danny was even allowed to sit on the sidelines?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred