• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Vote of no Confidence in the FFA

FFA = JOKE

(forwarded from Fury Forums)

I make this statement in the knowledge that this post will be refuted in no uncertain terms by those in the Football Fraternity that have a vested interest in the staus quo.
The reasoning for this statement is Section 5.7 of the FFA constitution, wich states that the Chairman of the board of Directors can arbitrarily choose to adjourn a meeting regardless of any motion or discussion ongoing at the time.

I hereby call upon all followers of Football in the Australia to sign the statement below in order to demonstrate our collective anger and disenchantment at the handling of Football in Australia by the current adminstration of the FFA.

Please note that whilst i am a NQ Fury Fan that my concerns are not only derived from the axing of my club, but more importantly by the model to which the current administration of the FFA adheres, that being one of simply handing over an A-League licence to any wealthy person who shows an interest in owning an A-League club.
Not to mention the rediculous sponsorship and TV rights deal that these people have bound us to for the last six years.

There are a number of concerns that a great many other fans have expressed throughout the season that need to be addressed.

1. Ben Buckley has by his actions,proven himself to be inadequate in the position of CEO of FFA, namely
a. a miserably failed WC 2022 bid,
B. in the persuit of said WC bid the failure to adequately promote and sustain the National Comepetition.
c. When presented with the challenge of obtaining a suitable backer/consortium for the Western Sydney franchise, he failed twice.
d. When confronted with the challenge of ensuring that a major region of football suppport in Australia (North Queensland Region) remained part of the A-League, he again failed.
e. Did knowingly and deliberately fail to give the NQ Fury advisory board sufficient information for them to target their fund raising efforts appropriately in order to give the club sufficient opportunity to gain the required funding to remain in the A-League.
f. Has deliberately concealed infomation from the Football fraternity in order to decieve them about the true financial situation of the following clubs: Perth Glory, Brisbane Raor, Wellington Pheonnix, and NQ Fury, as understood by fans of the game at the present time.
g. Legalities aside, has failed to protect Football Australia from the conflict of interest inherant in the appointment of Mr Lyall Gorman as Head of the A-League, despite his part ownership of the Central Coast Mariners.
h. H for Hatamoto-------this organisation must GO, on two levels----
1. The employment of such an agency says nothing other that "FFA wants to control Fans" regardless of their protestations, the reality is that this organisation serves only two purposes:
1. That the FFA can demostrate to FIFA that the national cometition is CONTROLLED.
2. Hatamoto serves only one purpose and that is to ensure their continuing contract with the FFA.
This last point has been widely recognised (and substantiated) by fans as the single biggest factor (aside from Police ignorance of how to police football fans) in the reduction of fan numbers and the subsequent failure to re-engage with fans.

understand that the current sytem of voting for membership on the board of directors is completely restricted to the Foundation members plus representatives of the member federations in Australia. This means that you as an individual member of a state Football organisation, is only pernitted to vote for you local rep, when considered in the national context, this is completely UN-DEMOCRATIC, we need to push for two things:

1. An independant Commission to manage the A-league;
2. A democratic election of the CEO of the A-League that is independant of the political influences of the FFA. Thereby requiring a national election of ALL registered members that is restricted to fans, players anjd admin staff, this would avoid any "Block Voting" that may occur under the current constitution.

If you wish to demonstrate your vote of "No Confindence" in the current administration of the FFA then please sign below and post it to:

Football Federation Australia Limited
Locked Bag A4071
Sydney South NSW 1235

Name..............

Email.............

FFA = JOKE

sorry guys just copied it straight from our forum here's one with correct spelling
(forwarded from Fury Forums)

I make this statement in the knowledge that this post will be refuted in no uncertain terms by those in the Football Fraternity that have a vested interest in the status quo.
The reasoning for this statement is Section 5.7 of the FFA constitution, which states that the Chairman of the board of Directors can arbitrarily choose to adjourn a meeting regardless of any motion or discussion ongoing at the time.

I hereby call upon all followers of Football in the Australia to sign the statement below in order to demonstrate our collective anger and disenchantment at the handling of Football in Australia by the current administration of the FFA.

Please note that whilst i am a NQ Fury Fan that my concerns are not only derived from the axing of my club, but more importantly by the model to which the current administration of the FFA adheres, that being one of simply handing over an A-League license to any wealthy person who shows an interest in owning an A-League club.
Not to mention the ridiculous sponsorship and TV rights deal that these people have bound us to for the last six years.

There are a number of concerns that a great many other fans have expressed throughout the season that need to be addressed.

1. Ben Buckley has by his actions,proven himself to be inadequate in the position of CEO of FFA, namely
a. a miserably failed WC 2022 bid,
B. in the pursuit of said WC bid the failure to adequately promote and sustain the National Competition.
c. When presented with the challenge of obtaining a suitable backer/consortium for the Western Sydney franchise, he failed twice.
d. When confronted with the challenge of ensuring that a major region of football suppport in Australia (North Queensland Region) remained part of the A-League, he again failed.
e. Did knowingly and deliberately fail to give the NQ Fury advisory board sufficient information for them to target their fund raising efforts appropriately in order to give the club sufficient opportunity to gain the required funding to remain in the A-League.
f. Has deliberately concealed information from the Football fraternity in order to deceive them about the true financial situation of the following clubs: Perth Glory, Brisbane Roar, Wellington Pheonnix, and NQ Fury, as understood by fans of the game at the present time.
g. Legalities aside, has failed to protect Football Australia from the conflict of interest inherent in the appointment of Mr Lyall Gorman as Head of the A-League, despite his part ownership of the Central Coast Mariners.
h. H for Hatamoto-------this organisation must GO, on two levels----
1. The employment of such an agency says nothing other that "FFA wants to control Fans" regardless of their protestations, the reality is that this organisation serves only two purposes:
1. That the FFA can demonstrate to FIFA that the national competition is CONTROLLED.
2. Hatamoto serves only one purpose and that is to ensure their continuing contract with the FFA.
This last point has been widely recognised (and substantiated) by fans as the single biggest factor (aside from Police ignorance of how to police football fans) in the reduction of fan numbers and the subsequent failure to re-engage with fans.

understand that the current system of voting for membership on the board of directors is completely restricted to the Foundation members plus representatives of the member federations in Australia. This means that you as an individual member of a state Football organisation, is only permitted to vote for you local rep, when considered in the national context, this is completely UN-DEMOCRATIC, we need to push for two things:

1. An independent Commission to manage the A-league;
2. A democratic election of the CEO of the A-League that is independent of the political influences of the FFA. Thereby requiring a national election of ALL registered members that is restricted to fans, players and admin staff, this would avoid any "Block Voting" that may occur under the current constitution.

If you wish to demonstrate your vote of "No Confidence" in the current administration of the FFA then please sign below and post it to:

Football Federation Australia Limited
Locked Bag A4071
Sydney South NSW 1235

Name..............

Email.............

scottmac

Suspended
I understand your cause and support it in principle, but your chasing the wrong ghost.

Lowy is the puppet master. He pulls the strings and runs the little dictatorship that is the FFA. While Buckley has underperformed who's to say that anyone else could have done a better job while Lowy is in charge?

Who would have had the final say on Fury? Buckley or Lowy?

Who's baby was the failed WC2022 bid? Buckley or Lowy?

Can you prove that information was deliberatley withheld to decieve?

And as for the appointment of Gorman, tell me how that has gone wrong? Has he favoured the Mariners in any decision made? And if so, list them.

And lastly how in God's name would a democratic election for CEO of the A-League make for better results off the field? CEO's are appointed by a board with strict criteria and pre-requisites NOT by popularity. The best choice for the position is not always the most popular person.

Your struggle is valiant but sadly its being fought with a lack of knowledge. There is no way I would put my name to that.

Roy Law

Before you blame Ben Buckley for the failed WC bid I suggest you take a close look at the failure of your CEO to raise $1.5m in working capital. He only raised $275k. That is a pitiful amount for a 'major region of football support' to contribute. How can you realistically believe that you could ever compete in a pprofessional football competition with that sort of money>

Tassiemariner

Before you blame Ben Buckley for the failed WC bid I suggest you take a close look at the failure of your CEO to raise $1.5m in working capital. He only raised $275k. That is a pitiful amount for a 'major region of football support' to contribute. How can you realistically believe that you could ever compete in a pprofessional football competition with that sort of money>

The exact point I made in this survey.
If the money is in that short supply, the club can not continue, just like any other business.

scottmac

Suspended
Didn't know where to put this so anyway

FFA will make a major announcement in regards to the Brisbane Roar at 3:30pm today. Looks like Ange will be staying.

Make that 4:30 our time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred