• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Visiting The Central Coast

mustapha_beer

Hi Guys,

Long time, no post - hope life is treating you all well.

I'm going to be staying on the Central Coast over the Christmas period with my family and was hoping some of the Coasties on here could offer some suggestions on places to visit and family friendly activities. I realise this probably sounds a bit vague, so to be a bit more precise I'm looking for ideas around the following:

Beaches, National Parks, Walks, Restaurants, Family Days Out.

I've had a look on the visitnsw.com site and have a few ideas, but any 'well kept local secrets' that people are willing to share on top of that (or even places that are better avoided) would be gratefully appreciated.

What's prompted me to post this is the realisation that, for all the years I've been trekking up and down the F3/M1 for games, I've never taken the time to explore much of the Coast, other than the stadium, leagues club, curry house and occasional day-trip to Terrigal.

midfielder

Ha mustapha ... remember the nights at Blacktown Demons...

Try around Ettalong and Umina and push on to Patonga ... waves and beach should suite you...

Everything you asked for is there ... look out for Pretty Beach as well ....

Big Al

Avoca beach. Great fish and chips right on the sand while kids swim.

Terrigal walk along the beach, spot a mariner or two, have a beverage at the Crowne plaza pub

Woy woy for fish and chips or burgers (small shop opposite the pub). You can ride bikes (byo) from Gosford waterfront to woy woy and back. 10klm each way I think sign says

Entrance plenty to do. Pelican feeding 3.30pm everyday

The reptile park is very cool and hands on

There are some walking tracks but I'm not familiar with them

Bunnings for a sausage sandwich

Erina fair has an ice rink

mustapha_beer

Thanks for the suggestions guys, don't think I'll have any issues filling up the week and a bit I'll be up for!

Have a good xmas/new year everyone.

dibo

When the day gets a bit long, head to Reviver.

Have an Old Fashioned, and thank me later.

reviver3.jpg

Brilliant place, can't recommend it enough!

It's not just 'good for Gosford', it's flat out fantastic.

Atomic

Agree, Reviver is something special. My only complaint is that they dont let you make too much noise... e.g. we were having a laugh and a waiter came and told us to quieten down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred