• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Van Egmond - Not too bright

brett

442 is only one of many, many media outlets who have stuffed this up, but poor Van Egmond. How embarrassing!

marinersman

Not a real bright boy, GVE. Obviously hasn't done any research into his opponents this weekend.

What a dickhead.

Alicia

What a twat!!  Joel Griffiths has the same amount of yellows as Jedi I think.  Does that mean he thinks he's lost that tosser?  I hope he does and forgets to put him on the team sheet.

Bear

Iv seen every news program there is say he is suspended. It happened so much, I was starting to believe it

Marquee

I hope he looks at the players as they line up and goes S**t,
why is Jedinak there? and it throws out his whole game tactics

Andy

The twat just keeps getting dumber it seems.

Dutchy puts boot into Mariners rival
By JAMES GARDINER

NEWCASTLE Jets coach Gary van Egmond has criticised Central Coast opposite Lawrie McKinna for not going in to bat for Mariners supporters over hosting rights to the A-League grand final.

The Jets are at loggerheads with Football Federation Australia over its decision to move the decider to Sydney.

The governing body's decision impacts on the Jets and Mariners, who do battle in the first leg of the major semi-final at EnergyAustralia Stadium on Sunday.

The Jets have been vehement in their opposition to the FFA's move, but Central Coast have been far more accommodating.

"We can play at Plume Park in Gosford for all they want, as long as we get there and have a chance to win it," McKinna said this week.

His attitude stunned van Egmond.

"I am a little bit surprised that Lawrie McKinna stated that he did not mind where [the grand final] was it could be at the local park," van Egmond said.

"I would have thought his supporters would have loved an opportunity to watch a grand final at Bluetongue, more so than playing it at a local park.

"For me it is very important that the supporters who have put their hand in their pocket year in, year out have an opportunity to support their home team on home soil.

"I do not think there is any greater privilege than to win a grand final on home soil in front of your diehard fans."

Despite protests from the Jets, the FFA looks certain to act on a clause that gives it the final say in where to hold the game's biggest day.

Competition rule 3.11 states: "Selection of venues for all finals matches will occur in consultation with the A-League. A decision on allocation will be based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, venue availability and commercial, marketing and financial considerations."

Jets chief executive John Tsatsimas believes if EnergyAustralia Stadium is suitable to host a major semi-final and potentially a preliminary final, it should be fit for a grand final.

Jets supporters have started a petition at www.newcastlefootball.net which they intend to present to FFA.

"It is a sign that the Newcastle football fraternity has a presence," Tsatsimas said.

"They are educated football fans and they support their team."

Van Egmond acknowledged that playing the decider in Sydney would expose the game to a broader audience, but he believed the decision should be made in the right way.

"There is a bigger picture in some regard to catering for the masses," he said. "The issue I have is ethically it does not seem correct the way they have gone about it. If they had said it a lot earlier in the piece, then we would have known.

"There are rumours floating about that Melbourne will host the grand final every year from next year.

"If that is the case, fine, I have no problems as long as they are consistent.

"We want to know in advance rather than getting in a position that there is a possibility for us to host the grand final and then [they] move the goalposts."

Has anyone heard anything about GF in Melbourne eevry year?

That would f*cking suck!

brett

"It is a sign that the Newcastle football fraternity has a presence," Tsatsimas said.

"They are educated football fans and they support their team."

That got me ;D

Deej

The GF won't be in Melbourne every year lol

The difference with Lawrie is that he knows the FFA will make whatever decision they want no matter how much the club moans.  Rather than crying about it build a f**king Bridge!

baby_crying_closeup.jpg

I spoke to the Mariners half way through the season asking what would happen if we could host the GF and the response I got was, 99% sure it would be in Sydney.....so to say it would have been nice to have been told earlier is utter Bullshit coz if our club knew, then so would yours!

brett

DJ said:
The GF won't be in Melbourne every year lol

The difference with Lawrie is that he knows the FFA will make whatever decision they want no matter how much the club moans.  Rather than crying about it build a f**king Bridge!

baby_crying_closeup.jpg

I spoke to the Mariners half way through the season asking what would happen if we could host the GF and the response I got was, 99% sure it would be in Sydney.....so to say it would have been nice to have been told earlier is utter Bullshit coz if our club knew, then so would yours!

Maybe not...the Jets wouldn't have been thinking 'top two' until a lot later than that. And how would you look 3 months ahead with Jardel's butt blocking your view?

Costar

This quote gets me

Jets: We'll Fight Tooth And Nail To Host
Should we earn the right to host the A-League grand final, Jets CEO John Tsatsimas stressed to au.fourfourtwo.com. We will certainly lose the cauldron effect that we have in Newcastle.

It's a special venue. You've seen it, it lifts the players. We'd lose a significant advantage if we had to play in Sydney.

Are we talking about the same place? Shit seats.  A lack of reliable sherpas to get up the stands.  And the worst thing is it's packed with Newcastle supporters. 

EAS - Eastern Australia Shithole

If they have to play in Sydney then they're stuffed because most Novacastrians don't think anything exists south of the Swansea roundabout.  Perhaps they think they'll fall off the edge of the world.

~Floss~

F**ked if i want to be watching a highlights reel in 15yrs' time of the infamous 2008GF (where Joel Griffiths got away with something inexcusable because he turned on some tears) and be LMAO-ing that they played it in that shit'ole

Omni

It doesn't matter anyway, they won't win the right.

As for Van Egmond's argument is simultaneously arguing play it in a big stadium, while saying reward the fans? Maybe we could get 80 000 seats at Pluim!

FFC Mariner

LG's comment was that they already knew and would do whats best for the game.

Class act that man.

(Actually, I think this is just a Jest ploy to try to get funds for an upgrade.)

Omni

I agree Greenpole, which is what they need!

Mind you with Con running the joint they don't deserve anything!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred