• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

US Passes Medicare Debate

Paolo

psssst if starting a thread u might want to post a small snippet of information or link about the topic....carry on

dibo

It's the US House of Representatives passing the health care bill, not the debate (which is the debate about the bill), whereby the US Government is aiming to ensure that the 30 million+ US citizens who have no access to healthcare (i.e. basically can't even go to hospital or the doctor) will have access.

The bill still needs to pass the Senate.

dibo

was wrong apparently - the bill had already passed the senate.

incidentally MF - you've got nearly twice as many started threads as anyone else and this is not one of your finest.

Arabmariner

dibo said:
incidentally MF - you've got nearly twice as many started threads as anyone else and this is not one of your finest.
Don't be giving him grief.........or he might go the way of DV and then we'll have no threads at all  ;)

MF likes a 'tipple and type' in the afternoon..... ;D

midfielder

OK OK OK my bad... in my defense .. I am a huge fan of Obama ... 

IMO humble opinion he is the best president the US has ever had and that includes Kennedy...

I have been watching the medicare debate in the US and just got sucked into watching Obama...

He took the US economy close to a depression... wars... and has had to deal with an incredible hostile opposition ... and to a media that has also been largely hostile especially Fox who seem to think it is their job to drive him from office... listen to Alan Jones and the ALP if you get the drift...

I am closer to 60 than 50 enjoy excellent health and watch world politics ... never have I seen a person with such a problem and then throw in the stupid opposition that largely caused the problems blaming him and what goes as media in the US...

He has overcome all of this and won what every president of the democrat party has always wanted... 

I honestly believe this guy has stopped the world going into depression...

Given all this and I was actually watching live the debate about this bill on medicare ... yes sad I know , very sad ... BUT yes BUT ... I foolish assumed others were following the debate and just posted the vote...

My bad will do better next time...

Dibo are you sure on that thread count ..

Arab depending on the afternoon ARRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr a nice drop of Hunter Red ...... maybe Jack or Johnny can come along with a bit of ice...

Anyhow back to my Obama story... what a great man ... hope he wins a second election...

curious

Am I right in saying that those on low wages will only have private health insurance subsidised and it will become mandatory? From what I've been able to find, the cost for those on low wages will still be around what we pay here for family private cover, with a much lower average wage than us. It's a start, and a big move for the first world nation light years behind all others on social issues, but it's only a start. Maybe in another 30 years they will be caught up with how the rest of the first world is at present.

adz

Staff member
I don't know much about it, but apparently it's a big f**king deal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred