• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Uni assign help. Architecture/football related.

SFL

Ahoy there!

I have started this thread in the hopes anyone on here might be able to help me with a bit of research for my final design assignment at uni (Bachelor of Design in Architecture).

The assignment is a competition entry to design the new train station and urban precinct for Leppington in the South West growth centre, and of course our tutors are encouraging us to employ any strategy or concept in order to come up with a fresh proposal, not only for the Leppington area itself, but for possible future train station developments.

My way in is proposing a train station with direct access to a football stadium, with the train station itself to be a multi-program facility which works with the stadium acting as a live site (basically catering for both the Home and Away experiences of following of a local football team). This is my way in. The journey of the crowds of football fans from station to ground, ticket booth to stand, the monitored walk back. The roar of the crowd as you buy your beer and miss a goal. Very basically this is the atmosphere Im aiming to research and capture in the station as it draws parallel to the sense of arrival and activity of a station itself.

For those archinerds out there, its the application of the basic rule of architecture through association and disassociation of parts.

The reason for this big rabble, is that you guys, the football passionates, are the exact people to ask for help. I am hoping that someone on here can provide me anything that could be of help. Photographs, Videos, Youtube clips, Quotes, Books, Authors, Poems, favourite Nick Hornby or Brimson lines, anything which captures this essence of game day... even aspects from a footballer walking down the tunnel to take the field. Anything!

Any help would be greatly appreciated and will keep you all posted with how it goes as it could be of interest to you all if successful.

CCMFC!!

kevrenor

Wow a big project. Form follows function is about all I remember.

Perhaps multi-purpose precinct - football (with academy and sports clinic), entertainment, niche shopping, arts

Tuggerah is probably a good stand in for Leppington in getting mind around it, then rebadge.. 8)

SFL

Wow a big project. Form follows function is about all I remember.

Perhaps multi-purpose precinct - football (with academy and sports clinic), entertainment, niche shopping, arts

Tuggerah is probably a good stand in for Leppington in getting mind around it, then rebadge.. 8)

Bloody big project! its due in less than a month also!

Yeah coincidentally I have already used Tuggerah and other sports complexes for the masterplan design for Leppington which was last submission. Using projects like Tuggerah, or Hawthorn Hawk's Waverley oval as a means to blur the boundaries of the urban to the surrounding green (for both safety and usage reasons)
So im zooming in a scale and trying to focus on the experience of the station itself.

Also im researching interesting stadiums which have multiple facilities (admin/office to retail/hospitality) which turn on and off according to either game day, or mid week.

bjw

bjw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSzAzKNSOkY

the best train-station/football related video there is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred