• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

UEFA CUP: Semi Finals

skilbeck

Down to the last 4:

Bayern Munich vs Zenit Saint Petersburg

Rangers vs Fiorentina

I hope the Final is Bayern Munich vs Fiorentina

I hope the Winner is Bayern Munich

serious14

I watched the second half and extra time of that Bayern/Getafe game this morning - that was absolutely heartbreaking for Getafe.  To be up 1-0 during normal time, then an equaliser in the 89th minute, only then to go up 3-1 (4-2 on aggregate) inside the first 9 minutes of extra time, ONLY THEN to have Bayern score 2 away goals in the last 5 minutes.......

Harsh.

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
I watched the second half and extra time of that Bayern/Getafe game this morning - that was absolutely heartbreaking for Getafe.  To be up 1-0 during normal time, then an equaliser in the 89th minute, only then to go up 3-1 (4-2 on aggregate) inside the first 9 minutes of extra time, ONLY THEN to have Bayern score 2 away goals in the last 5 minutes.......

Harsh.
What??? When I left for work this morning it was 3-1.I thought it was all over.I had no idea until I read this that Bayern had won.

Good on them though,to come back in extra time like that away from home.

Remember what happened to Bayern themselves back in the 1999 Champions league Final!!

Tassiemariner

The replay for the Getafe/Munich match is on at the moment on ESPN.

Getafe's red card in the 6' minute was a bit harsh and fatigue from playing for 10 men for 114 minutes was why they lost.
Heartbreaking.

serious14

Arabmariner said:
Remember what happened to Bayern themselves back in the 1999 Champions league Final!!

Like it was yesterday.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Re: that game this morning though, I was messaging Shoelady (my girlfriend) at the time about the hilarity of football and how we said Bayern would smash Getafe, and then Getafe went and got those two goals, and we both just went "ummmmm, okay....." - but to say I was stunned by Bayern's late late LATE effort would be an understatement.  I literally sat there staring at the TV, and then to no-one in particular (literally, I was home alone) "NO WAY!!!!"

Can't help but feel sorry for Getafe though, this could weigh on them for a while.

happy

Bayern had that much luck - unbelievable...and undeserved for Bayern!

But if they play like that against St Petersburg they won't make it to the final. If they make it it would be good for the 5year ranking but I personally don't want them to win the Cup!

But now you have seen how everything works in the Bundesliga - Bayern has that luck everytime :mad:

Omni

Doesn't matter who wins the other semi - Rangers will claim the UEFA Cup.

Don't know who to hate more - Bayern or Zenit - Bayern is Bayern but Zenit is Dick

RADINHO

That's hard for me to pick a favourite for me to hope to win

Bayern favourite out of all of them

Zenit under dogs like fenerbahce in champions league

Rangers l just like them

Fiorentina... Mutu

RADINHO

but bayerns game against getafe what a comeback but then again they should of being winning by heaps as getafe were down 1 man from when 25 mins...

Omni

Anyone know which game SBS is airing live?

Indeed I am Serious, I'm sure you're saying the same about Man Utd too. HILARIOUS penalty this morning.

marinermick

Omni said:

Indeed I am Serious, I'm sure you're saying the same about Man Utd too. HILARIOUS penalty this morning.

omni, this is a path you do not want to go down

RADINHO

Omni said:

Yes Rangers vs Fiorentina at ibrox tommorow live SBS 4:30

Auburn Mariner

marinermick said:
Omni said:

omni, this is a path you do not want to go down

No, Christopher, this is NOT a path you wish to go down. I am feeling VERY hungry tonight!!

Omni

Thanks Radinho, apologies to any Manchester United fans I offended with my comments, not exactly tactful.

happy

Bayern lost 4:0 away in St. Petersburg. ;D
The Rangers won against Florence after a penalty shootout.

So the final will be Glasgow Rangers vs. St. Petersburg.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred