• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

UEFA Cup group stage draw 2008-09

skilbeck

From 442

Group A:
Schalke
Paris St Germain
Manchester City
Racing Santander
FC Twente

Group B:
Benfica
Olympiacos
Galatasaray
Hertha Berlin
Metalist Kharkiv

Group C:
Sevilla
Stuttgart
Sampdoria
Partizan Belgrade
Standard Liege

Group D:
Tottenham
Spartak Moscow
Udinese
Dinamo Zagreb
NEC Nijmegen

Group E:
AC Milan
Heerenveen
Braga
Portsmouth
Wolfsburg

Group F:
Hamburg
Ajax
Slavia Prague
Aston Villa
MSK Zilina

Group G:
Valencia
Club Brugge
Rosenborg
FC Copenhagen
St Etienne

Group H:
CSKA Moscow
Deportivo La Coruna
Feyenoord
Nancy
Lech Poznan

Dunno when the first game of the group stage is

Mariner Girl

The 1st match day for the Group stage is 23 Oct
Here is the link to the offical website.  :D

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/kind=64/newsid=551134.html

Mariner Girl

In no order what-so-ever, I reckon, Man City, FS Twente, Benfica, Galatasaray, Savilla, Standard Liege, Dinama Zagreb, Spartak Moscow (LOL at Spurs when they fail), Ac Milan, Wolfsburg, Alax, Aston Villa, Valancia, Rosenborg, Feyenoord, CSKA Moscow.

I took a stab in the dark at some of these, as you can imagine. 
:pirate: :headbounce: :tophat: 

skilbeck

i reckon the same except Schalke instead of Twente, Udinese instead of Zagreb, Portsmouth instead of Wolfsburg, and Valencia and anyone else in group G (im not making a call)

tuftman

My predictions
Group A: Schalke, Man $hitty  Racing Santander
Group B: Benfica Galatasaray Hertha Berlin
Group C: Sevilla Stuttgart Sampdoria
Group D: Tottenham Spartak Moscow NEC Nijmegen
Group E: AC Milan Wolfsburg Portsmouth
Group F: Hamburg Ajax Aston Villa
Group G: Valencia FC Copenhagen St. Ettiene
Group H: CSKA Moscow Feyenoord Nancy

There my picks to go through, not really in order but I cant see any other team then AC Milan or maybe Valencia winning this comp, providing they take it seriously

skilbeck

tuftman said:
My predictions
Group A: Schalke, Man $hitty  Racing Santander
Group B: Benfica Galatasaray Hertha Berlin
Group C: Sevilla Stuttgart Sampdoria
Group D: Tottenham Spartak Moscow NEC Nijmegen
Group E: AC Milan Wolfsburg Portsmouth
Group F: Hamburg Ajax Aston Villa
Group G: Valencia FC Copenhagen St. Ettiene
Group H: CSKA Moscow Feyenoord Nancy

There my picks to go through, not really in order but I cant see any other team then AC Milan or maybe Valencia winning this comp, providing they take it seriously

remember the teams that come 3rd in their CL groups play in the next round after the group stage. I rate most of them above any of the teams listed here except for AC Milan, Villa, Valencia and possibly one of the Moscow teams

Auburn Mariner

serious14 said:
Olympiakos vs. Galatasaray......

:eek: :D

Oh, my, God. Greeks in Istanbul, get the Secret Service, MI6, Mossad (no, David, perhaps not THEM), re-form the KGB, DGSE, F_____ing everyone to Constantinople for that fixture.

Can you IMAGINE the Galatasaray fans?? They will go completely BESERK!!! Ditto the Olympiakos  fans in Athens.

UEFA must be s___ting bricks right now.

skilbeck

Auburn Mariner said:
serious14 said:
Olympiakos vs. Galatasaray......

:eek: :D

Oh, my, God. Greeks in Istanbul, get the Secret Service, MI6, Mossad (no, David, perhaps not THEM), re-form the KGB, DGSE, F_____ing everyone to Constantinople for that fixture.

Can you IMAGINE the Galatasaray fans?? They will go completely BESERK!!! Ditto the Olympiakos  fans in Athens.

UEFA must be s___ting bricks right now.

what you reckon the greeks will get some payback for 1453? :p

hasbeen

I was about to ask where all the Scottish teams were ... but that'll be remedied by Celtic (maybe) ......

skilbeck

hasbeen said:
I was about to ask where all the Scottish teams were ... but that'll be remedied by Celtic (maybe) ......

thats what i hope and expect. if rangers lasted another round then theyd be there but they couldnt last that long. I want Celtic to have a UEFA cup run because the champs league is nothing but an impossibility in this day and age

Sym

Bah

Porto won the cup, Celtic can aswell, Just gotta..ya know, get some better results away from home.

Cluj to win the champs league :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred