• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Two new Socceroos

marinermick

Stay tuned in the next day or so for the announcement of two of our boys for the Socceroos - two boys who have not been involved before.

Very exciting stuff.

Andy

When you say not involved do you mean not capped or not in any of the training squads?

Jimmy

Andy said:
marinermick said:
Andy said:
My guess would be Jedinak and Boogaard.

then you guess correctly

First MacAllister now this, i'm on fire.

What do i win?

nothing3.jpg

midfielder

Jedi will only get better, ...............maybe to good ............and some overseas club .....will make him an offer he can not refuse.

Jedi to become like MB, I think he is a very talented young man.

May the force be with him

Jimmy

midfielder said:
Jedi will only get better, ...............maybe to good ............and some overseas club .....will make him an offer he can not refuse.

Im confused, star wars or the godfather?

FFC Mariner

Boogs will go on to achieve great things IMHO. Reads the game so well and his injury towards the end of the season really hurt us.

People talk about a lack of pace but his positioning is so good, he rarely needs to use any pace.

midfielder

Jimmydinho said:
midfielder said:

Im confused, star wars or the godfather?

Funny ............more star wars Jimmy..................but I liked .........the godfather bit  LOL.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

marinersman

Greenpoleffc said:
Boogs will go on to achieve great things IMHO. Reads the game so well and his injury towards the end of the season really hurt us.

People talk about a lack of pace but his positioning is so good, he rarely needs to use any pace.

Just like Viddie. People here crapped on about his lack of pace, but he was always in the right position at the right time.

fish

Finally Mile gets a well earned reward and Boogs just keps getting recognition which is a massive plus for us going ahead

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah, I can't say I've ever really noticed Jedinak's lack of pace - he goes in hard enough, and reads play well enough, to make up for it.

Good on them both, It's great to see this sort of recognition coming to our boys (even if it might raise their asking price come contract time), especially Jedi who's one of our 'heart and soul' players.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
HIS YELLOW , HIS BLUE, HE IS A SOCCEROO
JEDI, JEDI
HIS YELLOW, HIS BLUE
BOOGSY IS TOO
BOOGSY BOOGSY!!!!!!!!

Tez

thats awesome!
They are both very talented players it will be great to see them playing for australia!  :pirashoot:

dibo

RECKY said:
HIS YELLOW , HIS BLUE, HE IS A SOCCEROO
JEDI, JEDI
HIS YELLOW, HIS BLUE
BOOGSY IS TOO
BOOGSY BOOGSY!!!!!!!!

"he is" contracts to become "he's", not "his".  :soapbox:

midfielder

You were right both in

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23356274-5006068,00.html

COACH Pim Verbeek today included only four capped players in a youthful and all A-League Socceroos squad to face Singapore in a World Cup qualification warm up match on March 22.

The friendly match at the Singapore National Stadium is just four days before the Socceroos play their second qualification match against China in Kunming.

Verbeek said he would use the Singapore match as a trial for the A-League hopefuls to push for inclusion in the squad to face China.

The squad contains the bulk of Australia's under-23s Olyroos side with Newcastle's Jade North and Ante Covic, Melbourne's Archie Thompson and Adelaide striker Nathan Burns the only players with previous appearances for the senior team.

It means a stack of youngsters who impressed in the A-League this season, including Central Coast midfielder Mile Jedinak, Queensland winger Michael Zullo and Adelaide striker Bruce Djite, will have the chance to prove their worth to the Dutchman.

"I will not finalise my squad for the match against China until after the Singapore game so these players have a chance to impress and be included in the team for China," Verbeek said today.

"There is a good possibility that some Europe-based players will be added to this squad to play Singapore if an early release from club duties can be negotiated.

"It is important that we continue to keep the A-League players fit with vital national team and Olympic team matches coming up so this camp and match is important to us."

A-League champions Newcastle are the most heavily represented club in the squad with five players selected including James Holland, Adam Griffiths and Tarek Elrich.

But Jets star and A-League player of the year Joel Griffiths was not included.

Verbeek was reportedly upset by comments made by the striker after Australia's 3-0 win over Qatar in their opening World Cup qualifier in Melbourne on February 6.

Griffiths, who was forced to pull out of the squad due to a hamstring injury, declared several days after the win: "A State League team could have beaten Qatar: I didn't think they were too good.

"This is an Australian team that had no preparation, one training session, jet-lagged and they could have won by six goals at half-time."

Most of the players will arrive in Singapore on Monday, March 17 to prepare for the match, except those from Adelaide and Melbourne who will join the camp after their Asian Champions League matches are played on March 19.

Socceroos squad: [size=10pt][size=10pt]Nigel Boogard (Central Coast Mariners), [/size] [/size] Leigh Broxham (Melbourne Victory), Nathan Burns (Adelaide United), Billy Celeski (Melbourne Victory), Ante Covic (Newcastle Jets), Bruce Djite (Adelaide United), Tarek Elrich (Newcastle Jets), Adam Griffiths (Newcastle Jets), James Holland (Newcastle Jets), [size=10pt][size=10pt]Mile Jedinak (Central Coast Mariners), [/size] [/size] Jade North (Newcastle Jets), Nikita Rukavytsya (Perth Glory), Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory), Nikolai Topor-Stanley (Perth Glory), Tando Velaphi (Perth Glory), Ruben Zadkovich (TBC), Michael Zullo (Queensland Roar)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred