• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Trying to stay positive...

Pokes

To prevent me from screaming at a client this morning in rage of our loss, and the shoddy decisions from "I've got a Boner for the Griffiths Boys" Shields, I'm trying to stay positive.

1. We won the premiership, we played a good season.
2. We MADE it to the grand final...thats more than all the other teams can say!
3. Our sea of yellow looked AMAZING, and all the supporters should be damned proud of themselves!

I'll post up some photos I took tonight when I have access to a camera lead.

Congrats to the supporters. Seriously, we looked amazing out there, and the banners were fantastic! (My favourite being the Diver one, it looked great!)

LFCMariners

We had more banners/ flags than The Scumdron, that's for sure. Only thing we lacked was that big flag we used to have that'd work its' way down the front of the bay. (Anybody know if we still have it?)

FFC Mariner

I must say that the Scum banners (the gold one and the blue/red) looked v good. Well done to those involved.

Marinerchick

i reckon we look better than the scum
pokey you are absolutly right
we had so many banners it made them look like crap
GO YOU YELLOW

cruiser

Greenpoleffc said:
I must say that the Scum banners (the gold one and the blue/red) looked v good. Well done to those involved.

No doubt. I thought it was one of the most impressive 'banner' displays I've seen in any game in any code. I was waiting for the Marinators to bring theirs out (the one used in previous games) but it didn t appear. No matter what you think of Newcastle supporters, I think the Squadron look and sound great, even better than the Cove. However, overall I thought that Mariners supporters looked better around the ground than the Scum.

ryan

When i think of this season in years to come i won't remember it as a year we lost the grand final rather the year we won our first Premiership. It's been an historic season  and every football purist knows that it's the Premiership that matters. Finals are a lottery and any team can win a one off game but if you are the best team over 21 rounds that's all that matters.

kevrenor

BJ said:
There were more Mariners fans there yesterday, you could see that.
I'd say it was a close run thing ... staying for the presentations there was a heap (and I use that word advisedly) of Scum still there.

I'd have a guess that of 36,000 there - it was 14,000 of us (we are closer), 13,000 of them (the Hunter is bigger), and 9,000 neutrals (but more of them were for us than against us or truly neutral I feel).  Thank you to those recognisable Covers that stayed out of sky-blue!

dibo

cruiser said:
Greenpoleffc said:

No doubt. I thought it was one of the most impressive 'banner' displays I've seen in any game in any code. I was waiting for the Marinators to bring theirs out (the one used in previous games) but it didn t appear. No matter what you think of Newcastle supporters, I think the Squadron look and sound great, even better than the Cove. However, overall I thought that Mariners supporters looked better around the ground than the Scum.

i'm thinking of starting a new thread on our support.

on the positives, there's a big one that we picked up a few weeks back, but i think as kevrenor was saying last night our grand final seemed to be two weeks ago at home. i don't think we played well and i really don't think the jets played much better if at all, and we had a helluva lot of supporters there. was just a shame that we didn't have a better result for them.

sccsmb

yeah dont stress you guys have alot to stay positive about, 2 grand finals in 3 years! somethings going well. Off the field you guys have come a long way from V1 so cheers

Mattsy

Honestly, as a newcastle fan and a member of the squadron, you guys did look insane

DSC_5849%20%5B1024x768%5D.JPG

that just gets me the colours, its great.

But in another fold, I think we did outchant you guys. I know this is the positive thread, but we're both rising supporter groups and we've come a long way.

Glad to see you guys liked the banner, we were definetly undecided on the matter because it took a little bit of effort and with casuals it can be hard. EVEN considering that the FFA didn't give a designated "Squadron" bay that you could buy into, only jets supporters.

On the number, I think you guys did have the upper hand by a few thousand WHICH is expected, being an hour and a half closer.

Congrats and I couldn't think of a team I would rather be there with, honestly, Liteblueshite and queensland.. well, yeah.

dibo

thanks mattsy. you folks get more of your non-hardcore support going than us, and seeing much of what was probably 6 bays jumping was tremendous. good tifo too, well done.

fedelta

Both ends looked really good from bay 34.
That's a great picture Mattsy posted.
That massive Squadron banner looked good too.
Well done to everyone.. :thumbup:

MrCelery

I'd say about 50-50 on the numbers front, with us maybe just shading it.

Their co-ordinated chanting was far superior to ours, but then they had something to cheer about didn't they? Might have been different if we'd gone ahead.

They owned us with their big banner though - top marks for that. With the sun shining on it, it looked truely gold/champaign, not the shite colour of their strip.

What happened to our big banner? AWOL on GF day? - not sure why.

More work for us next year.

ps. I'm totally pissed off that they confiscated one of my big flags. One got in, one didn't - never to be seen again. If there is a way through channels to retreive it let me know (any Sydney FC readers now how?)

Timmyv

Would really love to know who this Mattsy lad is. Casue he isnt part of our Tifo crew

Squadron banner worked alrite. Just wish it was up for long and we have the strips wider to standout on the side more, but all is good. Good well done to everyone that helped out

FFC Mariner

Looking at the big pic of our support, we have a reasonable proportion of our fans who choose the sit rather than stand or join in. That doesnt mean they care less, its just the way they choose to enjoy the game.

Thats their choice and I am not criticising, it is just a fact.

Somehow, we need to "sort" everyone out so we dont get this mixture of standers/sitters in the same places. We had enough standers to fill at least 2 of the bays (or the top half of 4) but they were spread out across all of them.

Without the club having control of the ticketing, I dont really know what we can do to sort it out.

Ideas on a postcard perhaps??

Blackadder

Sing or f**k off ;)

Maybe mix the standers/singers around so you have some in the front/some in the middle/some at the back.?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred