• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Trott is no longer a Mariner

Yellowbeard

Best of Luck Trotty. Thanks for your efforts over the past few years. Hope you can find a spot on a roster somewhere in the A-League

Bear

serious14 said:
Wouldn't mind seeing how he's doing in 2 or 3 years though.

He will be carving it up on backyard blitz ;D  ;)

Cheers Trott, hope you get a run....... somewhere

Kareem

...i think LM for sure has a GK lined up- it just makes sense IMO that Trott had to make way (shouldnthave more than max. of 3 GK's in senior squad + cant see Trott being a 3rd choice once Danny returns...)

graaant

Kareem said:
...i think LM for sure has a GK lined up- it just makes sense IMO that Trott had to make way (shouldnthave more than max. of 3 GK's in senior squad + cant see Trott being a 3rd choice once Danny returns...)

Dude, WHERE do you get such CRAZY ideas from!?
Or, are you simple stating the obvious.. again?

skilbeck

graaant said:
Kareem said:

Lawrie must have a goalie either signed or close to signed IMO or Trott would not have been released.

Deej

skilbeck said:
graaant said:
Kareem said:

Lawrie must have a goalie either signed or close to signed IMO or Trott would not have been released.

No that's what I call stating the obvious

graaant

Deej said:
skilbeck said:
graaant said:
Kareem said:

No that's what I call stating the obvious

Often referred to as Kareem's opinion

mariners4ever

goingtoadisco said:
You would hope so. Unless Redmayne is the next big thing.

well he did have a trial with arsenal a few years back, young socceroos as well. so he must obviously have talent. but what i dont understand is that if the staff/board knew that they were letting trott go, why didnt they play redmayne in trials...

in lawrie we trust

Wombat

Its sad for Trotty but definately the right decision as Trotty is not HAL standard and next season is going to be a very competative competition.

skilbeck

I just hate the fact that the mariners had no choice but to screw over a player that is a bright young up and comer in such circumstances. He isnt great yet but He may eventually be at A league standards and Keepers peak at 30 so we may not have seen the last of him in the A League IMO

Bear

Soooooo your angry that the Mariners let Trott go, because there is a slight chance he might be good when he is 30 years old ???

What ???

goingtoadisco

Its understandable that when a player that you admire goes you would be upset/angry but like bearinator is pointing out you have to look at the bigger picture.

Apparently Jess Vanstratten was on hand at the Socceroos media appearance at Parramatta Westfield yesterday. The fact that he is in the country, and has gone on record to say that he wants to get back into Socceroos fold may be a sign that he is on his way to the mariners! Or he could still be on holiday after the Juventus game (probably the more likely of the two)...

Anyway, if we did sign him who would be first choice keeper???

Jesus

Jesus
Rawmarinator said:
Apparently Jess Vanstratten was on hand at the Socceroos media appearance at Parramatta Westfield yesterday. The fact that he is in the country, and has gone on record to say that he wants to get back into Socceroos fold may be a sign that he is on his way to the mariners! Or he could still be on holiday after the Juventus game (probably the more likely of the two)...

Anyway, if we did sign him who would be first choice keeper???

His contract with Juve expires on the 1st of july i believe. Currently a Juve player til then. If he is still in the country then that is a good sign we upped our offer to him to full year. Hopefully a few years.

BiggusMickus

Vanstratten it could be........

http://www.expressadvocate.com.au/article/2008/06/20/6192_sports.html

Rough Trott for goalkeeper

Friday 20 June, 2008 12:01am

GOALKEEPER Matthew Trott is considering heading overseas to pursue his career after he was released by the Central Coast Mariners on Monday.

After training on Monday the shot-stopper was told by Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna his services would not be required for the upcoming season.

Trott, who has been playing in the club's pre-season matches, was a shattered man when contacted by the Express Advocate on Wednesday.

He played five A-League matches with the Mariners last season and was considered a big chance to start the first seven matches this year with regular goalkeeper Danny Vukovic suspended.

"I'm still trying to get my head around it," Trott said.

"I'm really disappointed because this is my job.

"I was hopeful of getting a start while Danny was out suspended but now I'm not sure what I'll do."

Trott has been battling a groin injury for several months and McKinna said that was a factor in the decision.

McKinna said Andrew Redmayne would start in goal in the club's trial against Newcastle at Budgewoi tomorrow.

"It's a shame for Matty," McKinna said.

"He got injured at a bad time. Andrew (Redmayne) has also been battling injury so having two guys coming back from injury was too much of a risk."

McKinna is hopeful of announcing the signing of a new goalkeeper shortly.

Interestingly, coast junior Jess Van Stratten, who is contracted to Italian giant Juventus, was at Mariners training this week.

"We understand he is still contracted to Juventus but he is one of many names who have been mentioned," McKinna said.

serious14

If we signed Van Stratten I think we could comfortably say that Danny has played his last game for us............. training against Matty Simon and Sasho Petrovski, versus training against Alessandro Del Piero (God) and David Trezeguet, as well as Buffon being a mentor??  There's no comparison what-so-ever...... Van Stratten for the win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred