• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tonights Ref

Krispy

Did I miss something - why the hell was Peter Green in charge tonight?  Wouldn't he be the 4th ranked ref.  I thought based on last weeks game  Ben Williams would have got the gig - if Shields was not available.  thanks go Breeze seems to have been neutralised!

Cant wait for next Sunday- the atmosphere will be sensational before , during and after we shoot down the bastards

brett

You missed something. A cruise around the forum will reveal that Shield and Breeze are overseas at a conference for prospective 2010 WC refs. After Williams got last week it was Greeny's turn tonight.

kevrenor

Krispy said:
Did I miss something - why the hell was Peter Green in charge tonight?  Wouldn't he be the 4th ranked ref.  I thought based on last weeks game  Ben Williams would have got the gig - if Shields was not available.  thanks go Breeze seems to have been neutralised!
Keep up Krusty .... Breeze and Shield are in the Canary Islands for a FIFA gathering of refs for the 2010 World Cup.

Ben Williams is the 2nd worst ref ... one average game last week does not make a good ref.

I thought Peter Green did OK, and though he was tough on infringements in the area, at least he was consistent.

The off-side can be interpreted as technically correct - 2 players were in a potentially offside situation and one of them (Hearfield?) continued to take part in play within the goalkeepers zone of vision. It will be debated all week.

kepo

Tonights display of Tonights Ref and as. Ref  basically somes up the whole season ref wise.
It was getting worse and worse and tonight it hit its peck.
At least newcastle didn't lose it on some bad ref descisions.

I hope shield is ready for this grand final.
Its the big one,
i hope it isn't decided on bad refeering and spoil the game, which will be top quailty.

brett

kevrenor said:
Krispy said:
Keep up Krusty .... Breeze and Shield are in the Canary Islands for a FIFA gathering of refs for the 2010 World Cup.

Ben Williams is the 2nd worst ref ... one average game last week does not make a good ref.

I thought Peter Green did OK, and though he was tough on infringements in the area, at least he was consistent.

The off-side can be interpreted as technically correct - 2 players were in a potentially offside situation and one of them (Hearfield?) continued to take part in play within the goalkeepers zone of vision. It will be debated all week.

Not much to debate. Should have been a goal. And 3 non-penalties for me given what we see in this league.

Davo

Definitely 3 non-penalties, all were extremely soft calls. The off-side call well as kevrenor said, 2 players were in a potentially offside position one of which did interfere with play so I'd have to say it is probably a fair call. Although I wouldn't mind seeing it replayed a few more times.

All other decisions aside tonight, Peter Green got it wrong when he gave a penalty for Song's dive in the box.
A defender and an attacker going for the ball, defender gets ball and attacker falls over the ball/defenders legs is NOT a penalty. Worst refereeing decision in A League Version 3.

password

IMO he was fare to lenient on ognovski and moore (well moore eventually got given a  red) but yea it was WOEFUL tonite

Mattsy

He had a decent game, questionable calls for Both sides.. effectively, IMO.. the penalty on the 90th minute should not have even existed.. there was barely enough contact IF any.

I can't complain that much

Jimmy

serious14 said:
On our team??    I definitely wouldn't say no.

There is a reason why newcastle got their 1st goal. Cause Ogs was off at the time.
Id have him in my team for sure.

Andy

skilbeck said:
Og has been the best Centre Back in the A League this year IMO. Id love to see him at the Mariners

Same here.

He'll be a good pick up for Adelaide.

Newieutd

charger said:
I like the Og too!

He plays it straight & hard, no diving, tacklewacking or whinging.

But often will hack at a player when the ref isnt watching, the guy is also a cancer in the changerooms wouldn't suit CC at all

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred