• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

This chant.......

serious14

I'm guessing that most of you have seen me do a variation of this buildup/chant in the Bay a few times this season already - well basically I'm looking to kick it into overdrive this weekend, and really make it something that makes the rest of the stadium go "wow, what the hell was that", makes the opposition go "maybe this isn't the nice place they make it out to be", and our boys go "they are right behind us, let's fire up and not disappoint".

What I want/need from everyone is suggestions on some variations - how long should I hold the "oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh" bit for??

Should I start of by using this as a base to get the Bay clapping in unison, a la Panathinaikos fans - you know that thing where they "ohhhhhh" for a bit with their arms out wide and then just one massively loud clap, and do that over the course of a few minutes, gradually getting faster until it's just a madhouse of clapping, THEN shush everyone down and launch into Yellow Yeah Yellow??

Should I "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" everyone, and then shush, and then "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh" them back up again a couple of times to really build the noise, let everyone know what's going on, then kick it into overdrive with either Yellow Yeah Yellow, OR Sha na na na na na na, Hey Central Coast.

Maybe I should do a huge "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" for a good 2 minutes or so, then three quick claps CENTRAL COAST three quick claps MARINERS, then launch into Sha na na na na na naaaaa, but then punctuate that call and response one Auburn did a few weeks ago, the "who do we sing for" gear.

Anyways, so many idea's - love to know what you all think. All suggestions are welcome, I really really _really_ want this to work come Saturday. :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :fireup:

rosko

That noise is awesome... Wouldnt it be great if someone was aloud on the pitch prior to the game to orchestrate that...  the entire stadium would get behind it I reckon, once they heard the marinators start it... They would all follow, I have no doubt....  :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

krusty

if we could get that going in the stadium it would be great. surely  they would allow one person on the pitch to do this.

brett

"Should I "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" everyone, and then shush, and then "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh" them back up again a couple of times to really build the noise, let everyone know what's going on, then kick it into overdrive with either Yellow Yeah Yellow, OR Sha na na na na na na, Hey Central Coast."

This sounds like it will work mate. Use Yellow Yeah Yellow. See other thread for more firing up.

we need something quick and easy... Mariners clap clap clap Mariners... that works for the whole stadium cause everyone can understand

what about we start working on stuff to make Bluetongue a fortress...
take the Galatasaray Fans for instance?
Could we turn gosford into this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC4k6Dn2QqQ

granted they have a better stadium and better acoustics... but just the north end doing this would be amazing!

Yellowbeard

Would be lovely. At the moment we've got 200 fans who like to sing and palm trees for a grandstand. Long way to go!!! :eek:verhead:

dibo

dinamo zagreb do a very good thing with ye olde yellow submarine tune which i think we could definitely run with (28s through to 55s):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwhGoQIF-Oo

ole ole, ole ole
central coast mariners
ole ole, ole ole
central coast mariners

we all follow a yellow football team
a yellow football team
a yellow football team

Aftermarth said:
ok.... another idea.
what about getting a club song like Liverpool and YNWA which we can sing after the match?

they sing it before the match too, and last time a song got piped over the PA it was completely rubbish and hasn't been heard of since. we should simply sing what can, and if something becomes a quasi-anthemic tune, then move from there, but we can't force these things.

dibo

some pap that was the result of a seafm (correct me if i'm wrong peeps) competition, and i'm sure it'd be great on a cd or whatever as a rpetty family friendly tune but i don't think people would have sung it. it was some rewrite of another song but it was 'so memorable' i can neither remember the words nor the tune used, only an overpowering wave of meh with a dash of bland.

oh, and we can try any song that people will sing

LFCMariners

Sing to the tune of 'Yellow Submarine'

"MATTHEW BREEZE IS A CROOKED REFEREE
A CROOKED REFEREE
A CROOKED REFEREE!"

or

"WE KNOW YOU GET PAID BY FRANK LOWY
PAID BY FRANK LOWY
PAID BY FRANK LOWY!"

serious14

forever_yellow said:
newcastle do this

The Besiktas chant??    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahaha!!!!!

I think not.  Those idiots wouldn't even know where Turkey is.

loyalist

dibo said:
dinamo zagreb do a very good thing with ye olde yellow submarine tune which i think we could definitely run with (28s through to 55s):

ole ole, ole ole
central coast mariners
ole ole, ole ole
central coast mariners

we all follow a yellow football team
a yellow football team
a yellow football team
love this idea
BBB ftw

your youtube wont work any more but i assume you mean this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7JJFo6jIiA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred