• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Things that the Western Sydney Wanderers claim to have invented

MrCelery

We all know that WSW claim to be the 'owners' of the "We sing for ..." chant, among many other ludicrous claims.

Well, today they've come up with another one, or at least a Sydney journo has:

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...brink-of-creating-history-20140331-35u3w.html

"Western Sydney stand on the brink of creating history with victory over Kawasaki Frontale on Tuesday all but assuring them a berth in the knockout phase of their maiden Asian Champions League campaign. [snip]"

I think Adelaide in particular would have something to say about that, having been the ACL runners up in 2008.

WSW club history maybe, but I guess accuracy in reporting is not one of the Sydney paper's strengths.

Last edited:

sydmariner

They claim 2 have invented more stuff than kim jong il (who claims to have invented the cheeseburger, the computer etc. among other things)

eenfish

I was reading that article the other day too. Where do they make history? Because they qualify from the group stage in their first attempt? Yeah okay, but like you said, Adelaide made it to the final so that is the aim for any A-League club.

Big Al

I'm so over Western Sydney.
They were fun and new last year but now with their antics and inflated self opinion I just want to see them smashed 5 nil every time they play.
I think they are over them selves as well. Seems like the hard line is getting rid of the dickheads & leaving only the totally interested in football types. While there is still some chance for them to be dickheads It appears to be dying off for the half hearted trouble makers.

dibo

I was reading that article the other day too. Where do they make history? Because they qualify from the group stage in their first attempt? Yeah okay, but like you said, Adelaide made it to the final so that is the aim for any A-League club.
Newcastle made it out of their group in 2009.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
The arrogance and ignorance of WSW (and the journos in their pocket) irritate me beyond belief....their claims of invention are ludicrous to the nth degree

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred