• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Spanish football thread

David Votoupal

The Intercontinental Cup was given a new lease of life by moving it to Tokyo.

Atletico had players like Ufarte, Adelardo, Irureta and Luis Aragones- some big big names there, the last two still doing the coaching rounds today. In fact, some of Atletico's greatest success came with Aragones as a player, and then as coach. He returned to coach there a couple of times, in fact he's probably coached everyone except Real Madrid :tv:

FFC Mariner

I think I would be an Athletico Bilbao supporter as they are a local club that sticks to its roots - didnt Howard Kendall manage them for a spell??

My fave defender is the guy who snapped Maradonna's leg and still keeps the boot in a case at his home - love it

Arabmariner

FFC Mariner said:
I think I would be an Athletico Bilbao supporter as they are a local club that sticks to its roots - didnt Howard Kendall manage them for a spell??

My fave defender is the guy who snapped Maradonna's leg and still keeps the boot in a case at his home - love it
Don't we need a defender like that?

Wonder if he'd come out of retirement!

David Votoupal

Real Sociedad had a Basque-only policy for years too, only to break it to sign John Aldridge and Kevin Richardson. They had 40 straight years in La Liga before relegation in 2007, mostly good ones too.

Arabmariner

Some grainy footage of the Celtic v Atletico Madrid 1st leg in '74.

51 freekicks against Atletico in that game.

Comes after a penalty shootout between Celtic and Inter Milan in '72.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjhrLqndD1U&feature=related

Kareem

maybe 50 million...as much as i love Villa- Karim Benzema >>> Villa  for value (no bias :p)
we could get Benzema for 35-40 mill and he will get better GW (although Villa is better at this point in time).
Although 95% sure we will get Villa as he is Spanish and will most likely be made available (as opposed to the money hungry deluded mgt at Lyon who want to keep their players in order to one day win UCL)

David Votoupal

Barcelona winning the Cup-Winners Cup in 1979, 4-3 over Fortuna Dusseldorf:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uBu4uaKwtk

This Bara side were stylish underachievers, players like Neeskens, Rexach, Asensi, Krankl, and hard man Migueli playing in this game with a broken collarbone.

David Votoupal

Barcelona maintain a 6-point lead at the top after beating Almeria 6-0. Espanyol in even bigger trouble after losing 2-0 at Osasuna, while Sporting Gijon remain without a draw having won 11 and lost 17!

If Rayo Vallecano go up, Madrid could have up to 4 teams in the Primera next season :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred