• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Socceroos thread.

style_cafe

Well that`s 2hours I`ll never get back!
I relented and sat with dad watching the Socceroos, FMD I hate watching them play.
The ball control is shit,they play like a bloke with a wooden leg (very clunky) and FFS walking with the ball at your feet would get you a kick up the arse from any decent coach.
I honestly only watched it to see ex-Mariners players and was hopeful Nizzy would make an appearance.

Ironbark

Well that`s 2hours I`ll never get back!
I relented and sat with dad watching the Socceroos, FMD I hate watching them play.
The ball control is shit,they play like a bloke with a wooden leg (very clunky) and FFS walking with the ball at your feet would get you a kick up the arse from any decent coach.
I honestly only watched it to see ex-Mariners players and was hopeful Nizzy would make an appearance.
I haven't been enjoying our games for a while now. As much as I love Arnie for what he did for us at CCM I'm definitely ready to move on to a fresh approach at the national level.

booney

I was at the game.Attendance posted as just over 27,000-I would have thought no more than 20,000.

Very clunky performance.Lebanon players ,especially in the first half,went down like ninepins whenever there was a physical contest for the ball.Strangely it was Mcgree and Bos who went off for injuries after tangling with opponents.

Baccus was our best player in the first half covering enormous metres in attack and defence.As Big Al noted Taggart was handicapped by the ball not sitting for him( playing surface was shit) and he does lack pace.Yengi showed some excellent touches with the ball and made one run where he broke through three tackles.However he needs to play more to get used to his role as a twin striker.

Irvine worked hard as usual and was our best in the second half.Souttar,Burgess and Rowles did their jobs playing as a back three.Metcalfe had a mixed game ,often giving away possession.

Hrustic did do better than he has previously -he made himself available and showed some creativity( but probably not as much as Nizzy would have).Dukes pressed hard as usual .Iredale-too early to say much and I would like to see more of him.Atkinson also had a mixed game-he needs to try and get behind defenders to get in good crossed and cutbacks.

Ads

Watching international games is like watching some (Grand finals).
No one wants to make a mistake but the high pace and pressure makes ends up doing exactly the opposite!

Very safe, cagey and clunky and hard to watch.

Both goals once again were not team or orchestrated to any degree.

The sooner we can get past the World Cup qualifiers the better and to some friendly’s where hopefully Arnold can pull his head out of his arse and literally play a team with no one over 26ish so when World Cup comes in 2 years we have an energetic but experienced team.

If Arnold drags along some of the last crop it’s more and more likely there is more injuries right before World Cup and you have a starting 11 that has very limited experience together.

Big Al

Watching international games is like watching some (Grand finals).
No one wants to make a mistake but the high pace and pressure makes ends up doing exactly the opposite!

Very safe, cagey and clunky and hard to watch.

Both goals once again were not team or orchestrated to any degree.

The sooner we can get past the World Cup qualifiers the better and to some friendly’s where hopefully Arnold can pull his head out of his arse and literally play a team with no one over 26ish so when World Cup comes in 2 years we have an energetic but experienced team.

If Arnold drags along some of the last crop it’s more and more likely there is more injuries right before World Cup and you have a starting 11 that has very limited experience together.
This team is pretty young now except for the strikers Goodwin and Matt Ryan. The transition is already happening.
We are already building now. Even Yengi is getting more time and his physique is perfect for Arnie ball. Just needs to get better.

The problem is Arnies tactics. Hold on, fight and hope for a goal against the good teams and no ability to change against a weaker team. It was actually good to see him try something different last night but the midfield was terrible.

Baccus is not ready yet to run the team. His passes were all over the shop including a fluke goal. Major drop off from Mooy or even Aiden Oneil.
Hrustic has potential but is way to inconsistent and McGree and Metcalf haven’t established themselves properly or adjusted to the national game.

We need Garang and Nesta kick on and demand selection but it’s right not to have them in there yet. Although Garang silky skills would be perfect. He can actually pass and cross but doesn’t defend how Arnie demands.

FFC Mariner

This team is pretty young now except for the strikers Goodwin and Matt Ryan. The transition is already happening.
We are already building now. Even Yengi is getting more time and his physique is perfect for Arnie ball. Just needs to get better.

The problem is Arnies tactics. Hold on, fight and hope for a goal against the good teams and no ability to change against a weaker team. It was actually good to see him try something different last night but the midfield was terrible.

Baccus is not ready yet to run the team. His passes were all over the shop including a fluke goal. Major drop off from Mooy or even Aiden Oneil.
Hrustic has potential but is way to inconsistent and McGree and Metcalf haven’t established themselves properly or adjusted to the national game.

We need Garang and Nesta kick on and demand selection but it’s right not to have them in there yet. Although Garang silky skills would be perfect. He can actually pass and cross but doesn’t defend how Arnie demands.
You just made the case for Niz.
Best passer of the ball since Bresciano.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred