• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The new HD Sport Free to Air Channell

Blair

Channell 10, 9, 7, have all said they are committed to this new High definition sport channel.
This is going to be a 24 hr sport channell with FOOTBALL AFL etc.
It was  on sports tonight and is estimated to be running by next August.
All you need is a digital set top box which is worth under $100 alot cheaper then foxtel.
Great news for poeple without foxtel  :thumbup: .

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
SO.....help my brain out here.....if I got a standard t.v ( which I do) and i buy a HD box...will I get the HD channels...i tried asking a young fella at a major retailer and he had nothing

Blair

Pritty much atm there's only 1 extra channell a second channell 2.
But next year there will be a 24 hrs sport one. :vhappy:

Blair

Ten to launch 24-hour sports channel HD network is first new free-to-air in 50 years By Pip Bulbeck Oct 27, 2008, 09:23 PM ET  SYDNEY -- Australia's Network Ten said Tuesday that it will launch a 24-hour high-definition sports channel in the second quarter of 2009, the first major new commercial free-to-air channel in Australia in 50 years.

Named "One," the channel will be home of Ten's Australian Football League broadcasts, including the AFL Grand Final, the top-rated sports event in the country.

Launching One is Ten's biggest salvo yet fired in the battle with the pay TV sector that attracts about 28% of Australian homes with Fox Sports, ESPN, Europsort and Fuel TV. Estimates show 42% of homes have digital terrestrial television.

Network Ten CEO Grant Blackley said One's all-sports programming would "appeal to Australians' shared passion for sport" and ensure that Ten, which currently targets 18- to 49-year-olds will "continue to build a new and more diverse audience."

One will carry live and exclusively Ten's recently acquired broadcast properties from the United States: the National Football League, the National Basketball Assn., Major League Baseball, the U.S. Open golf and Masters Golf tours, and the ATP and WTA tennis events.

One also will broadcast the 2010 Commonwealth Games, Indian Premier League cricket, all Formula One Grand Prix races, Moto GP and NASCAR races and the new feather in Ten's cap, Australian swimming, EPL and mabye the A-league.

One's announcement comes just weeks before the launch of Freeview, the new digital TV brand under which Australia's free-to-air networks will jointly market 15 digital terrestrial channels that will be available beginning in 2009.

Jimmy

adz said:
Jimmydinho said:
All it will be is the failed AFL channels that used to be on Foxtel.

sounds good

They had a channel dedicated to each AFL playing state, then 3 other channels including classic matches and latest news, it was dreadful.

If only they had it for football.

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Wouldn't "One" love to be the home of the Socceroos and Australian football.

This sets a good scene for a epic bidding war for A-league/ACL/Asian cup/World Cup qualifiers.

curious

Jimmydinho said:
All it will be is the failed AFL channels that used to be on Foxtel.
So they are telling fibs & won't have afl limited to what they say & also won't be telecasting all the other sports they have bought the rights to?

ryan

Recky, if your TV is not HD Ready then you will not get HD channels with a settop box. You will get Standard definition only.

priorpeter

...thA Bo$$... said:
One also will broadcast the 2010 Commonwealth Games, Indian Premier League cricket, all Formula One Grand Prix races, Moto GP and NASCAR races and the new feather in Ten's cap, Australian swimming, EPL and mabye the A-league.

EPL is football, innit?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred