• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The National Broadband Network - Opens posssible FFA Sports Deals

midfielder

The recent release of the Implementation Study into Australia's NBN is very very very very very interesting . http://www.dbcde.gov.au/broadband/national_broadband_network/national_broadband_network_implementation_study

Should Kevin 07 win the next  Federal Election then 90% of Australians may have an Internet connection.

From the ABC an analysis of the NBN http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/stories/s2893063.htm

The NBN isn't just about providing your home with a faster internet connection - although certainly ISPs can use it to do just that. The NBN Company has quite rightly decided to build what network engineers call a Layer 2 network, installing what's an Ethernet port in nearly every Australian home and business. It's up to other companies, wholesale and retail, to buy capacity from the NBN and deliver Layer 3 services that plug into that port.

Open an account with an ISP and plug in a router, et viola, high-speed internet. Plug in a set-top box for pay TV or movies on demand. Plug in different black boxes for voice or video telephony - or for video conferencing, medical diagnostics, security monitoring and other private-network services.

The NBN will replace the ageing copper network (or remote analog radio telephones) with a fibre-optic cable network (or remote wireless, or even more remote satellite links). Any analysis of the NBN solely on the basis of internet connectivity and "faster downloads" is automatically wrong

I read somewhere cannot remember where you can get 20MPS to 100Mps for $ 50 to $ 85 per month which is not that far off what I pay now for my internet .. I am with Optus on their unlimited plan ...its not $ 85 but its more than $ 50.

But the ABC article indicates and so does the IMS.. that you can plug in and stream and it is a tad better than Justin TV ....

Meaning I guess as we have discussed before in media articles the possibility of doing a deal with a phone company or anyone really and watch on our TV ... Meaning that sports like Football could deal direct and bypass the FTA & Pay stations...

Also all sorts of special deals may be able to be made pertaining to what football product you want...

The mind boggles ... about the deals that could be made...

I have read counter arguments to the NBN ... which say it is fixed as opposed to being moving (wrong word OK I know) ...

So two what if questions .. is a NBN the best way to go or is there a better technology out their ... secondly could Football down to individual clubs negotiate direct with a Internet company..

Interesting days ahead...

Fook back to work... all weekend to by the looks of it .... coffee gone cold and a another meeting to go to and its POETS day as well ....

FFC Mariner

Direct subscription for sport IS the future and FTA know it.

I would expect the FFA owns the collective broadcast rights on behalf of the HAL/Socceroos etc and would negotiate any deals. Very much doubt clubs would negotiate their own.

Internet TV delivered via high speed internet does 2 things.

1) Kills off Telstras ageing/antiquated copper network (where they make a large part of their profit)

2) Kills FTA as we know it.

Might take 10/15 years but pretty soon, we will subscribe to the tv we want from a global menu (at a cost of course)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred