• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The G.V.E. - I am a sook thread

marinermick

clarence said:
marinermick said:
as much as gve and kossie are complete dickwads you gotta love their passion

i'd rather see that then the complete snoredum syndrome ernie merrick instills in his interviews and sideline behaviour

Can appreciate passion, but harassing players and officials as they come of the pitch is not on.

If this is allowed to continue it will only take one player to retaliate and it will be on for young and old on sidelines, and may even spill over into the stands and cause violence amongst the spectators. You really want the A-League to degenerate into Cable TV wrestling?

that situation was really handbags at twenty paces

plenty of piss and vinegar but those photos show how gay both gve and trinidad would be in a physical contest

Jorome Alexander Bennett

Kossie is a big ninnie.
GVE surprised with some awful unprofessional bahaviour.
But I hate Merrick most.
I agree with Mick. This is entertainment and a passionate game.
When I play Football Manager I've even been known to give a "hell yeah". Merrick must try hard to restrain himself to create some sort of apathetic persona. Why? Why? I really don't understand it.

serious14

Greenpoleffc said:
Hey James, where did you get a pic of me after the NZ game - I actually look abit like GVE in that pic :)

Yeah, but I'd actually be scared of you........ GVE just looks like a whiny little bitch.

fans-fight.jpg

That's you throwing the chair innit??  ;)

Newieutd

Ridiculous refereeing.
Coyne sending off - most retarded send off in a-league
Penalty - no way was that a penalty, he chipped it over north and ran straight at him. If that was a corner and similar contact happened nothing would have been done.
Wheelhouse - Should have be sent or at least give 2 yellows for his crap.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Ridiculous refereeing?  What the hell are you complaining about, you got the benefit of the decisions and still couldn't do anything with it!
Open your eyes - North ran towards him after he chipped it, then stepped to the side and dropped his shoulder.  I know you're a thugby league town, but wake up. 
Coyne's was a mistake, but sometimes the angle you view things at are quite deceptive.  I can see how the ref thought he collected Song with his studs - and Song's dirty rotten cheating probably doesn't help. 

FFC Mariner

serious14 said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Hey James, where did you get a pic of me after the NZ game - I actually look abit like GVE in that pic :)

Yeah, but I'd actually be scared of you........ GVE just looks like a whiny little bitch.

fans-fight.jpg

That's you throwing the chair innit??  ;)

They are Ze Chermans I think. Who throws a chair, I ask you

dbryant

I think the penalty should have instead been an indirect free kick. By awarding a penalty, Breeze decided that North had "charged" Trinidad, or else committed "serious foul play".

Personally, I thought it was more like "impedes the progression of an opponent [without charging or similar serious foul play" - it was dubious whether he moved into Trinidad, but I think we can all agree he didn't "charge" him.

FFC Mariner

Newieutd said:
Ridiculous refereeing.
Coyne sending off - most retarded send off in a-league
Penalty - no way was that a penalty, he chipped it over north and ran straight at him. If that was a corner and similar contact happened nothing would have been done.
Wheelhouse - Should have be sent or at least give 2 yellows for his crap.

Even the MRP agree that Breeze completely stuffed the Coyne send off

Penalty for the simple reason the North dropped his shoulder and turned towards him. He is allowed to stand his ground but dropping the shoulder is a foul = penalty. Dumb play from a dumb player.

Wheelhouse was lucky to be on the pitch at all. Any sensible club would have left him at home. He is crap

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

dbryant said:
I think the penalty should have instead been an indirect free kick. By awarding a penalty, Breeze decided that North had "charged" Trinidad, or else committed "serious foul play".

Personally, I thought it was more like "impedes the progression of an opponent [without charging or similar serious foul play" - it was dubious whether he moved into Trinidad, but I think we can all agree he didn't "charge" him.

I hear what you're saying - but the thing with that is, impeding is a non-contact offence.  FIFA have stated that the moment there's contact, it MUST be a direct free kick - because then it changes from 'impedes the progress of an opponent' to 'charges/pushes/holds an opponent'

Oh, and 'serious foul play' isn't a type of foul - it's a red card offence (ie when a foul uses excessive force and/or endangers the safety of an opponent). 

Just thought I'd clarify :)

IMO, the coyne send-off is one of those situations where it may be worthwhile for the referee (via FFA) to explain his decision through the media.  I think sometimes it makes a big difference if somebody admits 'yeah, I screwed up.  At the time, it looked like this happened' 

serious14

Greenpoleffc said:
They are Ze Chermans I think. Who throws a chair, I ask you

Forgive my grievous error in judgement.  I shall try my best to avoid your throwing weapon of choice (fist, head, piece of concrete).

;)

tuftman

Just looking at the photo of him doing the chicken dance makes me laugh, to think the guy has 'control' of a professional football team

hasbeen

Whether it was a foul on Trinidad or merely accidental is beside the point. Trinidad did not dive, the referee made the decision not Trinidad, so GVE should have fronted the ref post game and not the player. GVE wimped it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred