• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The end is nigh - impending doom - Moss out etc thread

the end is nigh and Moss is to blame

• yes

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • no

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • fence

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Capn, I agree that Neill was a bit dodgy in the FFA cup game v Palm Beach and AU...but, I think its fair to say that he has improved remarkably since then

Big Al

Looks too be trying copy AU and Brisbane but we were successful already and didn't need to change.
AU always scored goals as soon as Gombau arrived they just had defensive lapses like we do

pjennings

I'm not commenting on the Moss Out portion - but for all the calls on social media of Rudan in - no - just no!! Unless of course they mean Mariana ;)

true believer

honestly , with the squad we've got does anybody believe we're a top 4 side ?
if not then lets see . it took arnie 3 years to get a toilet seat . moss should get the rest of the season as a minimum

Atomic

if not then lets see . it took arnie 3 years to get a toilet seat . moss should get the rest of the season as a minimum
I don't see us being a top 4 side. I don't see us being a top 6 side tbh. With our current squad, I'm hoping to avoid the wooden spoon and beat the scum. Anything else is a bonus imo.

Arnie should've won the seat in his first year… albeit Brisbane deserved it after the season they had.

sydmariner

I don't see us being a top 4 side. I don't see us being a top 6 side tbh. With our current squad, I'm hoping to avoid the wooden spoon and beat the scum. Anything else is a bonus imo.

Arnie should've won the seat in his first year… albeit Brisbane deserved it after the season they had.
don't worry we won't get the wooden spoon cos centrelink fc haven't 1 a game all season plus there fans hate them @ the moment:vhappy:

Capt. Awesome

I usually hate people who pick up on spelling (my wife picks me up on grammar all the time), but if you are going to call WSW Centrelink FC you had better at least spell correctly and construct a sentence properly. ;)

eenfish

The side Arnie had had some phenomenal players, multiple future Socceroos at his disposal. Does anyone in our current ranks look like a potential Socceroo?

nearlyyellow

Apart from Duke (25) maybe: Neill?? (20) Posco?? (24) Caceres?? (24) - All still young blokes who imo show some potential. Too soon to tell about Major (24). Time will tell, not this year, but next year when we get our stuff (sh*t) together on the park.

Reactions: adz

Kareem

Apart from Duke (25) maybe: Neill?? (20) Posco?? (24) Caceres?? (24) - All still young blokes who imo show some potential. Too soon to tell about Major (24). Time will tell, not this year, but next year when we get our stuff (sh*t) together on the park.
Duke is turning 24 next week...his future socceroos career is starting to drift away

Caceres is 22...my favourite player. But unfortunately for him, he doesn't have the hype that surrounds Antonis and Da Silva...

Neill is only 18...which is insane!
As much as I am grateful for Rose over the last 4 seasons...Neill is simply too good to bench (once he returns from injury).

Roy Law

I still think Josh Rose, probably our most consistent player this year, is a potential Socceroo ;)

pjennings

I still think Josh Rose, probably our most consistent player this year, is a potential Socceroo ;)
I don't - not at his age now. But he was definitely the best left back for a few years and didn't get a gig.

Last edited:

nearlyyellow

Duke is turning 24 next week...his future socceroos career is starting to drift away

Caceres is 22...my favourite player. But unfortunately for him, he doesn't have the hype that surrounds Antonis and Da Silva...

Neill is only 18...which is insane!
As much as I am grateful for Rose over the last 4 seasons...Neill is simply too good to bench (once he returns from injury).
Right on for Duke, 24 on Sunday week, my bad. Caceres, yep, I'm wrong again, turned 22 on my birthday last year. ;) I'll pull one back from you here, Micky Neill is 20, born on American Independence Day 1994, still outrageously young and with lots of latent talent waiting to be put on show. ( EDIT: Wikipedia shows 1996, who is right, CCM or the crowd sourced Wikipedia? )
Tough job for any coach picking the run-ons and the bench from the available squad. But Mossy has always said that he needs a balance between senior players and the young blokes, and that's his conundrum when it comes to players we have mentioned. Even Ando doesn't turn 24 until April 30 this year.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred