• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Class of 2008

tuftman

Ok, so many thousands will have woken up to check their hsc results today. How did the marinators.net class of 2008 go?

Blair

Well i am very pleased with my results
Ancient history 75
Standard English 60 (spelling let me down);)
Geography 87
Tvet 88
Maths 76
Very happy Uni here i come

Kareem

congrats on ur results
good luck with uni
I remember doing the HSC a very long time ago...last year :p
thing is all my football mates did it this year (coz i was u18s this year)
wat course do u want to do blair?
(ps. english was my worst as well ;))
(which is weird considering I was like 2nd in year 7 at BWSC- and dropped to like 150 by year 9 ???)

hasbeen

That's because in year 9 words like cat & dog have been superceded by bigger words like frog and pond.

Blair

Kareem said:
congrats on ur results
good luck with uni
(which is weird considering I was like 2nd in year 7 at BWSC- and dropped to like 150 by year 9 ???)
Thanks Bro,
I wanna do Surveying in Scumcastle
My Uai isssssss 79 all i needed was 64 so all good.

dru

Rocket Ronaldo Blair said:
Kareem said:
congrats on ur results
good luck with uni
Thanks Bro,

Just out of curiosity what level of maths did you do?

And why the feck have they lowered the Uai to get into surveying so much? It was 80's to get a first round offer when I did it.

tuftman

Guess I best add my marks as well

Economics-69
Adv. English-66(Should have done standard really)
Gen. Maths-75
Modern History-76
Geography-66
Senior Science-71(You can leave after an hour, which is what I did as I didnt care about this exam at the time...probably should have hung around based on that one)

I dunno about my UAI, I lost my UAC password so I'll have to wait until it comes in the mail in the next few days

Blair

dru said:
Kareem said:
congrats on ur results
good luck with uni
(ps. english was my worst as well ;) )
(which is weird considering I was like 2nd in year 7 at BWSC- and dropped to like 150 by year 9 ??? )
Thanks Bro,

Just out of curiosity what level of maths did you do?

And why the feck have they lowered the Uai to get into surveying so much? It was 80's to get a first round offer when I did it.
Because there is a shortage i guess and Advance Maths.

dru

How many extension courses do they offer nowadays? Just trying to work out where it all fit with regards to when I did my HSC.

Not sure that is the reason as it has always been a small intake at Newcastle Uni for the course and they had a fairly good reputation for Engineering, just hoping that isn't slipping.

Best of luck with it. going to do your first year at Ourimbah? (if they still offer that)

tuftman

dru said:

How many extension courses do they offer nowadays? Just trying to work out where it all fit with regards to when I did my HSC.

Not sure that is the reason as it has always been a small intake at Newcastle Uni for the course and they had a fairly good reputation for Engineering, just hoping that isn't slipping.

Best of luck with it. going to do your first year at Ourimbah? (if they still offer that)

Uni's get their government money partly based around bums on seats...could be something to do with that?

Blair

dru said:

There is 2 extension classes i think, Yer i dunno why but i no there is a shortage in the industry.

Gopher of Pern

dru said:

It's all a popularity contest. The popular courses have higher UAI's to get into, simply to weed out people. That's why science is so low, no one wants to do it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred