The Championship: 'all things thread'

Discussion in 'Overseas Football' started by Rowdy, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Good luck mate.

2. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

The playoff final is Fulham v Villa. 26th May.

Boro had 53% possession and not a single shot on target. Maybe Paulo has been working as a consultant for them.:vhappy:

Villa 0. 0. Boro

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

United's average Elland Road attendance in 2017/18 was 31,521, which left them just under 600 behind table toppers and play-off finalists Aston Villa who had the highest throughout the league. Away from home though Leeds topped the charts on their travels. The Whites averaged an away following of 2,970 per game across the season, which works out at nearly 200 more than second placed Villa. So... as it turns out Leeds United did, in fact, take more.

Here are the top 5 clubs for both home and away averages in the Championship season just gone:

Average home attendances: 1. Aston Villa - 32,097 2. Leeds United - 31,521 3. Wolverhampton Wanderers - 28,298 4. Sunderland - 27,635 5. Derby County - 27,175

Average away attendances: 1. Leeds United - 2,970 2. Aston Villa - 2,780 3. Wolves - 2,730 4. Sheffield Wednesday - 2,470 5. Middlesbrough - 2,190

Impressive home attendance by Sunderland considering they got relegated in last position.

4. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

@Wombat the San Francisco 49ers (my team) NFL team have bought 10% in Leeds United this week.
    Time for you to learn some American football. Very successful franchise so a pretty good organisation to be connected with if you are going to have yank investment. Better than Arsenal who’s yanks have mediocre American sports teams

5. VicMariner

VicMariner Well-Known Member

The world looks at Yank footy the same as AFL. Weird and irrelevant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

I've watched it before. Its pretty stupid Big Al!!!!..................... although my son and i do love lingerie Football.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Fulham beat Jedi's Villa 1.0 to earn promotion to the EPL.

Also thanks for dropping the beer off True Believer. The girls were enjoying a drink already by the time I dropped in:doh:

8. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

Well, still one Brummie team in EPL, just a different one to last season, and still 3 Brummie teams in the Championship, just one different to last season. Don't know who to go for when Blues take on Baggies. Decisions, decisions...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Very interesting to see how Wolves go. I remember watching Leeds at Molineaux when i was a kid in the FA Cup and i think they got 50k+ crowd. Incredible atmosphere...........Wolves used to be a fairly big club.

10. MagpieMariner

Didn't have any ancestors from Wolverhampton, only West Brom & Birmingham.

11. true believer

true believer Well-Known Member

i also look good in my new qpr 21 luongo long sleeve shirt .

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Guess what TB?....... I got to drink one beer out of that Carton. The bloody girls finished the lot FFS:redcard:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. VicMariner

VicMariner Well-Known Member

Good thing they don't work in a chemist.......

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

I had a whinge and they all blamed each other LOL.

15. Pirate Pete

Pirate Pete Well-Known Member

16. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

Owner can't get money out of China and has appointed an insolvency expert to his senior management team

17. MagpieMariner

Seems like a good reason to not sell your club to the Chinese.

18. FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner Well-Known Member

It gets worse, when they signed the racist c**t Terry and Jedi, they borrowed on future EPL earnings and transfer revenues for players they hadnt even sold.

New Sunderland who could crash through to league 1

19. MagpieMariner

Just as well I don't support Villa, even though they're a Brummie club.

20. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Is Peter Risdale an advisor for the club??