• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The Angels live at Narara

marinermick

Was watching Max the other week and they had footage of a live concert the Angels played at Narara circa 1983. It was said to be at Narara railway station.

Does any of the older generation have any info on this or may have been there? Seems quite incredible to me that they would be playing at Narara station!

Ted

marinermick said:
Was watching Max the other week and they had footage of a live concert the Angels played at Narara circa 1983. It was said to be at Narara railway station.

Does any of the older generation have any info on this or may have been there? Seems quite incredible to me that they would be playing at Narara station!

It's probably Narara hall Mick, not that i remember Angels playing there.

Narara hall held many live shows back in the 'old days'. I played a few gigs there as well, before insurance, security, noise polution, etc etc etc issues pretty much stopped gigs being held in halls...

dibo

Not that I was there because I was barely a toddler in 1983, but I know there was the Narara festival with all sorts of Aussie rock acts and the Angels headlining.

I think there might have been a couple of festivals actually, and from what I understand despite the name they may have been a bit further west than Narara - possibly up Somersby way. I've heard some (possibly apocryphal) anecdotes about people all rocking up to Narara train station and wondering where the hell the gig was.

My uncle went to at least one of the gigs.

Dave or Pete (Sealpup) may know a bit more about them, though Pete's not around much these days.

Kimba

I'm pretty sure this is what they were talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narara_Music_Festival

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Mick..the gig or gigs, there were two multi day festivals,  were actually up next to Old Sydney Town..and yes, I was there when Doc decided to climb the lighting rig during marseilles....I actually remember the Angels gig with some clarity, amazing, considering some hippie was handing out mushie laced coffee during the Dynamic hepnotics set...I think

yellowcake

As recky said.

I was there too (and '84).
INXS were on the bill the same night (Sat).

Sunday night's bill was Mi-Sex, Goanna, Richard Clapton, Cold Chisel (who played for 3 hours) then Rose Tattoo who finished about 3am. One of the finest nights of Oz rock I've ever seen

I think somebody just liked the word 'Narara' even though it was at Somersby. There were buses to the site from Gossie station but plenty of punters still cough the train to Narara...

marinermick

cheers guys, i was aware of the narara festival, but as the synopsis of the program said it was at narara station, it threw me

that lineup you talk about stuart must have been an awesome couple of days

Ted

marinermick said:
cheers guys, i was aware of the narara festival, but as the synopsis of the program said it was at narara station, it threw me

that lineup you talk about stuart must have been an awesome couple of days

Yeah same here Mick, hence why went with the hall. The fest makes much more sense now I thin kabout it and it was definately further out than Narara.

Bex

I was in year 10 in 1983. Probably one of biggest regrets missing Narara. :(

Sean

everytime i tell my friends parents (sydney folk) where Im from , they say something along the lines of "ah Narara, we went to that festival". I thought Narara also had a woodstock type of festival too in the 70's?

Arabmariner

I wasn't in Oz back then but I wouldn't have minded seeing that line up.

Same year though I was at the Reading festival in England.

Headliners were The Stranglers(Friday),Black Sabbath(Sat) and Thin Lizzy(Sun).

Happy days. :)

Sean

Arabmariner said:
I wasn't in Oz back then but I wouldn't have minded seeing that line up.

Same year though I was at the Reading festival in England.

Headliners were The Stranglers(Friday),Black Sabbath(Sat) and Thin Lizzy(Sun).

Happy days. :)

Ummm you win

~Floss~

Sean Francis Lacy said:
everytime i tell my friends parents (sydney folk) where Im from , they say something along the lines of "ah Narara, we went to that festival". I thought Narara also had a woodstock type of festival too in the 70's?

Could be right there, I've heard there was one a few k's up Ourimbah Ck Rd (maybe??)

Sean Francis Lacy said:
and you also got Stevie Ray Vaughan, Ten Years After and Suzi Quatro.

Where's the "drooling" emoticon?

J

jiggles

Yeah, there was one at Ourimbah.

And did anyone else first intially read this as in, they live in Narara?

Cause yeah...

dibo

poko said:
Yeah, there was one at Ourimbah.

And did anyone else first intially read this as in, they live in Narara?

Cause yeah...

Yup, it's what happens when commas are MIA. ;)

Should be "The Angels, live at Narara".

...though typically you would say 'in' when referring to the suburb where they live.

Arabmariner

Sean Francis Lacy said:
and you also got Stevie Ray Vaughan, Ten Years After and Suzi Quatro.
LOL

Yeah that's right.I went to Reading 5 or 6 times in the late 70's-early 80's and there was always a fair amount of crap on the bill along with the good stuff.

Half the fun though was trying to guess how long some of these bands would last before being "canned" off!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami