• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The American Presidential Election

bjw

bjw
Theres been nothing mentioned about this. So I thought I'd start a thread.
Our time Wednesday, the 'New Leader of the Free World' is elected.

History could well be made with Obama the likley favourite to win and become the first Black American President.

:eek: :tophat:

FFC Mariner

I dunno, do you think the yanks might just get into the polling booth and think about his colour?

You have more faith in them than I do. These are the f**k knuckles who voted GW in TWICE!

Anyway, there economy is so f**ked it doesnt matter who wins, it will take a generation to fix and by then, they will be 2nd rate.

serious14

_Please_ be Obama.  The world will suffer if McCain, and that absolute joke of a 'politician' Sarah Palin are let anywhere near the White House.

He has his flaws, but his rhetoric is right - Obama's Change is exactly what is needed in America and the World right now.

dru

as heard on the chasers "race race"

"This is Americas last chance to prove that they aren't as stupid as everybody thinks they are"

Kareem

it would be good to see Obama win- a step in right direction and it would be interesting to see if people get over racial prejudice!

FFC Mariner

Kareem, the answer you seek is NO.

The US is one of the most racially divided countries on earth - read yesterdays comments by the Grand poo bah of the KKK in yesterdays UK press if you dont believe it.

(He said that the US belonged to white people and other colours were to be treated as "invaders")

Scary stuff

serious14

I'm guessing the usual 40 - 45%.  Hopefully it's more this time, this has been the most interesting one in years.

dru

serious14 said:
I'm guessing the usual 40 - 45%.  Hopefully it's more this time, this has been the most interesting one in years.

Is that a percentage of population or of registered voters?

I'm surprised that many actually give a damn. hang on obviously they don't cause they elected Bush twice.

T

Ahh but its more fun to bitch about who's elected if you didn't actually vote

tuftman

T said:

of course, makes perfect sense doesnt it, don't vote, then complain for 4 years, then vote him back in again...they're a clever lot aren't they

marinermick

tuftman said:
T said:

of course, makes perfect sense doesnt it, don't vote, then complain for 4 years, then vote him back in again...they're a clever lot aren't they

people in glass houses

[cough] nsw [cough]

ponno

I hope Barrack gets in .... I dont like the idea of Palin being 2nd in line if Mckain gets in....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred