• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The age of mediocrity is now

Nik Mrdjas Disco Bikkie

We haven’t adequately replaced Cummings
We haven’t adequately replaced Silvera
We haven’t adequately replaced Triantis
We haven’t adequately replaced Moresche
We haven’t adequately replaced McGarry
We haven’t adequately replaced Nklolo
We haven’t adequately replaced Montogomery

We’re shit and you know we are

sydmariner

“We lose every week,we lose every week,you’re nothing special we lose every week.”

Rising Sun

One thing we learnt last season was that championships are not won in October.

We were inconsistent in the first half.of the season and plenty of players were being questioned on here including Silvera, Beni, Vuka, Kaltak and Tulio.

This year we have half a new team, an entire new coaching staff. The players we bring in are projects not finished articles.

It's ugly at the moment but not time to hit the panic button yet

Wombat

One thing we learnt last season was that championships are not won in October.

We were inconsistent in the first half.of the season and plenty of players were being questioned on here including Silvera, Beni, Vuka, Kaltak and Tulio.

This year we have half a new team, an entire new coaching staff. The players we bring in are projects not finished articles.

It's ugly at the moment but not time to hit the panic button yet

100%.

Stupid post. Time to keep a cool head not run around flapping your hands in the air.

FFC Mariner

Daresay the boos were directed squarely at referee Kersey (they definitely were 1000% from where I was).
If the new capo is calling for the coach’s head already, he should probably wind his own head in. We’re 2 rounds in.
All I'm saying is I don't think he will get much time to sort this mess out.

Meerkat

We won 3 of our first 12 games in 21/22, and 2 of our first 6 in 22/23. Let’s just take a f**kin breath here.
Thanks for that Pete. I knew we had a similar start to last year.. clearly recall us losing all 3 3pm home Sunday games. I swear that time slot is a killer for some reason.

Didn’t realise 21/22 was that bad. Wow.

What we did have last year was a good pre-season and a reasonably consistent one, obviously no turnover in coaching staff. This season is a big mountain to climb with the changes we have made.

That said, skill levels presumed, it all comes back to passion and pride and wanting to win in front of the home fans, particularly. That was missing at the start of last season too, I guess it’s the norm with so many new players. Let’s hope that Jacko can build that.. build a relationship with the fans, build a culture within the club that has players wanting to be there and wanting to perform. Everything I have heard is that the players love him. It hasn’t translated into the pitch though yet, here’s hoping it does. I do understand where @FFC Mariner is coming from. I’m absolutely not about to call for his sacking, but I do agree patience will be a lot shorter across the board.

Corsair

If we'd retained Moresche in that LW position...

shipwreck

I wanna hear some Moresches gossip.... Picking up a desperate deal to Iraq sound suss to me, are we talking extradition level stuff?

Back to the boys, Ill reserve judgement til I watch the replay, but it certainly doesn't have the same feel.

Also, alot of goals this year, wsw put 5 in and then Adelaide put 6 against city!? What's that about.

Michael

All I'm saying is I don't think he will get much time to sort this mess out.
Why?
I’d be heavily questioning club leadership if they punted Jacko early. And me, the eternal optimist would lose faith in the club.

We know the deal, Monty set the team up with the intention of sticking around. Got an offer, left 1 month before the season. (Unpopular opinion but Monty caused this massive disruption, he could’ve left when the players started getting sold if he was that keen on a moving…. I still love what the bloke gave us) Jacko arrives 2 weeks before round 1 unable to sign his own players until January at a minimum. Not enough time to get the players upto scratch on his methods and tactics. He’s openly said that.
It could be that the boys don’t click until round 6-7.

An early change if management is always so much more disruptive and season killing than giving the bloke you’ve entrusted time to get things going his way.

turbo

Why?
I’d be heavily questioning club leadership if they punted Jacko early.
I think some fans will turn on him quickly but the club should give him time. Unless we're abysmal and stuck to the bottom by new years and out of AFC cup I think he'll get it. If it's all going horribly by that point though they may want someone in to make their own Jan transfers.

Most of the challenges we're facing are due to the club selling players like crazy (necessary but they need to accept the impact), the recruiting led by Monty and then Monty leaving us.

Ironbark

Just keep the perspective - Kurto made 3 decent saves in the first 20 minutes. If 2 went in then the dynamic of the game changes and this is a different discussion*. It's not all doom and gloom.

Same in the Adelaide game. If we'd scored in the first 20 minutes when we dominated (we'd had 17ish shots by 30mins) then the complexion in that game is very different too.

This game of margins...goals go in and we have the best team and coach in the country.
Miss or saved and threads like this pop up. Let's not overreact yet hey.

*That said at 2-0 up I still don't feel confident of holding onto the win with our defence the way it is. But if we aren't desperately scrabbling for goals then we can concentrate on defending as a unit better and in theory should improve there too.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

I'm thinking with my managerial hat on - you never know how a hire will go until they start. There will come a point where you know if you have tryer/flyer or cryer (sorry, sales recruitment expression).
The key skill is identify the dud very early and move them on.
I'm not saying he is a dud but Dick has performance hurdles to hit for MC - if it starts to slip you wouldnt imagine that he hangs about.
If its his club to do with as he wants, sure, give the guy a full season but it isnt.
Edit: FWIW you want 80% Tryers, you will have 10% flyers and the other 10% are being managed out. Simples

adz

Staff member
Personally I think we were always going to have a slow start to this season, even with Monty still around. He hasn't always brought in superstars, some got moved on and some came good later on. People were ripping N'kololo (Unco-lolo) early on and even Tulio copped it a bit.

We can use January to shuffle things around, and as long as we're not too far down the table we could string a few wins together late and get into finals or top 2 even.

Although I was thinking of this as a "rebuilding" season anyway and looking to next season. Win every 2nd rather than going back to back ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred