• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tell us why ...

Costar

There's not been a whole lot of new topics, so I thought I'd try and start one.

There seems to be a lot of people who support English Football teams.  But I wonder why?  I've seen a few people say that it's because of dad or grandad (or another relo) played for them.  Or it's a family tradition.  So how about it guys and girls why do you support the English (or whatever country - not Australian) football team you do?

I'll start ...

I was born in England and as a young fella I supported Chelsea.  Don't know why; it might have been the Rabbit mascot or the colour blue.  Now I follow the mighty Toffees - Everton FC.  When I was 9 or 10 my family moved to Merseyside.  Every Tom, Dick and Harriet appeared to go for the Reds.  Bugger that I said and through sheer bloodymindedness chose Everton (I remember the school yard chant 'Asa Hartford walks on water ...').

So let's hear it guys and girls what are your reasons?  Unburden your souls.  Let's see how many have fallen to the marketing giants of Man U. et al, and how many have deeper reasons.

Last thing ... it's only supposed to be a bit fun, and not a chance for a giant slanging match.  Let's keep it fun eh?

Costar

Apologies if it's in the wrong section. I don't usually look at any other section.  Besides given the red herrings that occur in a lot of topics, what's one more?

skilbeck

can someone move this to overseas football or other stuff

but ill go

As is evident, Celtic is my team in Europe. This is due to the following reasons (dont know if this is too political for the forum). I am of Irish Roman Catholic decent, albeit by a few generations but still, and Celtic is one of the major symbols of the Irish diaspora throughout the world. I also hate the English monarchy Was a massive fan of players like Henrik Larsson and Neil Lennon growing up. I also like and respect the rivalry they have with Rangers and the passion they show. Not really any connection with the Glasgow area just with the team, though i find Celtics history to be fascinating

Arabmariner

Born and brought up in and around Dundee.

Two professional football teams in the city.Dundee United FC  :thumbup: and Dundee FC.  :vomit:

Utd play at Tannadice park  :thumbup: and the filth play a couple of hundred metres up the road at Dens Park.  :vomit:

Despite Dundee being the bigger and more successful of the two clubs when I was at school and my old man taking me to Dens from about the age of four I rebelled and followed my school mates to Tannadice much to the old mans disgust!  :naughty:

These days the turds down the road are the wee team and it,s a great shame that once again they just missed out on promotion! :headbounce:

loyalist

When I was just a little boy,
I asked my mother what should I be,
Should I be wolves or a baggie,
Here's what she said to me,
Wash your mouth my son,
Go get your father's gun
And shoot some Wolves scum,
Shoot some Wolves scum,
We hate Wolves and we hate Wolves,
etc.

serious14

Manchester United has been in the family for three generations.  I got to meet my relatives who live in England when I was over there when I was 12, and that further solidified my love/support of the team I was introduced to in 1989 by my grandfather.

Take me home to United Road, Glory Glory, etc. and so forth.  ;)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Bullshit serious, we all know you're just a typical Man U gloryhunter :D

I don't follow any overseas teams.  Got no reason to pick any one team over another. 

Kareem

It tends to be players for me except for Madrid whom I love full stop! eg. Take Cahill away from Everton and i dont really care
support in order
Madrid- the Bernebeu, ROberto Carlos, Ronaldo (both when in prime) and their style of football. Have to admit Barca been better in last 2 years previous to this season but Madrid are about to start a new cycle
Arsenal- play the best football in the world- why else would I support them. Add in Fabregas, Toure and Van Persie (and that the latter 2 are muslim) and I just love them even more.
Marseille- NASRI, NASRI and Nasri (and ribery b4 he left)- play beautiful football- and i just like them.
Celtic- McDonald + Nakumura + Boruc
Werder Bremen- Diego
Man City/Newcastle/Everton-
Man City- hate Man UTD + love Micah RIchards, elano and castillo
Newcastle- love the uniform and MARTINS!!! dunno why i like them so much apart from that
Everton- CAHILL!!!! and arteta
And whilst I hate AC Milan I sometimes barrack for them coz I love KAKA!!!

I know thats a lot of teams but i like to support some fighting teams in EPL.
The only teams I am upset when they dont win really (and possibly my definition of diehard) is Madrid and Arsenal (cant be bothered about others)(+ maybe Marseille)

mustapha_beer

Grew up supporting Dundee United, but am the first to admit I had NO logical reason for doing so. I Come Kilmarnock, a town in the west of the country. Most of my mates supported Kilmarnock. My Dad's from the north and supports Aberdeen. The only reason I can offer for my choice is that - at the time - they had a really exciting team, made up of players who had come through the youth ranks. They and Aberdeen managed to challenge the Old Soap Dodging Firm for many many years Pre-Bosman. As a result, I spent many many hours travelling up to Dundee and back on the supporters bus!

Follow the EPL avidly, but - as I've said before - I have no wish to put the hex on any other team, like I've successfully managed to do to United, The Mariners & Blacktown. Therefore, as long as the games are good, I couldn't really care less whether Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal win.

loyalist

serious14 said:
Manchester United has been in the family for three generations.  I got to meet my relatives who live in England when I was over there when I was 12,
from london i assume?

trev

I go for the Toffes because the first ever game i watched was everton playing some1 on SBS. I liked the colour blue at the time (i was like 7). and now i have gone for em ever since GO EVERTON

mariners4ever

my team is man utd because when i was growing up i loved watching the likes of cantona, schmeichel, giggs ( still do ), scholes, sheringham and roy keane dominating the football world. i idolised and still do ryan giggs and Sir Alex Ferguson. fulfilled my dream of going to old trafford to see them play early january 2007.

mustapha_beer

Arabmariner said:
mustapha_beer said:
I have no wish to put the hex on any other team, like I've successfully managed to do to United, The Mariners & Blacktown. 
And Scotland!! ;)

No chance - yer not pinning that one me, matey! They were successfully snatching defeat from the jaws of victory long before I started following them....altogether now, "We're on the march wi' Ally's army........"

serious14

centralcoastyouth said:
serious14 said:
Manchester United has been in the family for three generations.  I got to meet my relatives who live in England when I was over there when I was 12,
from london i assume?

Phonecall from the FAIL Hotline for you...... Manchester, actually.

:eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred