• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tasswegia here we come! Aka WU Away Rd17

Tevor

Ruon’s second didn’t count as Berisha was offside, he was very lucky and I’ll say it again Faghani doesn’t like him. Both where very soft yellows and he has given him some in other games as well this season.

Huddo

Dunno why we didn't blood hall in the final 30, 0 shots second half by WU, minimal pressure in a general game sense with WU putting 10 behind the ball, would have seemed logical to give hall some time

Insertnamehere

Really curious why Niz and Kuol keep getting left on the bench. I said it a few times since Stens was injured in like round 6 that we've been off.

The press and shutting down Oli are what kills us. So you need Niz on the field esp when DDS is unavailable. Also time to start Alou. I'd bench Urena though. Marcos looked like he was coming good but has flattened off.

Big Al

Nizzy needs to start next week if we want more protection for the fullbacks, especially without Tongyik.

Is it just me but other than that 1 goal, Casella has had a lot more substitute changes than Smylie, Hatch, Teskenis, etc but doesn’t impress me at all even when we are dominating or winning a game?

I think almost every time he gets the ball he makes a bad decision.
You can’t ignore Teskenis maybe taking that sub role soon as the 10 min impact player?
Yeah Casella looked like he had promise early in the season but last few times has looked an NPL level player.

Big Dog

With that performance we deserve to lose top spot and as mentioned I can see us now entering the tight race to make the six. Seems we played that first half like we were favourites and only needed to turn up to win. Second half was better but they parked the bus and we really only had one good chance and that was Alou. No one was good in the first half and I agree Janota does not suit our game but all players were rubbish. MOM was Pain, killed us this afternoon and that’s the most shots I’ve ever seen him have in a game. Oz said they seemed focused this morning, the first half didn’t represent that unfortunately. We are not great travellers out of NSW this season. Worst two games have been in VIC and now also Tas.
One win from our last six games amd the table is tightening up. Staj has his work cut out for him

Ozhammer

Nizzy would honestly have every right to be miffed seeing the likes of Bouman and Janota starting before him each week. There is no way to justify that sort of selection process.

As I said earlier in this thread, how Staj expected Bouman or Janota to be effective as inverted mids is beyond me and I lost count of how many times they both lost possession after being shepherded onto their weaker feet.

I’m not playing the hindsight card after the fact but how much better were we after Nizzy and Casella were bought on and played on their natural sides?

Tevor

Really curious why Niz and Kuol keep getting left on the bench. I said it a few times since Stens was injured in like round 6 that we've been off.

The press and shutting down Oli are what kills us. So you need Niz on the field esp when DDS is unavailable. Also time to start Alou. I'd bench Urena though. Marcos looked like he was coming good but has flattened off.
Seriously, Marco offers a lot more than Simon. If Kuol starts it has to be with Marco, it’s no coincidence that when Marco has a poor game Simon is very ineffective just like this afternoon. Our team across the board didn’t adjust to the speed of the pitch nor the intensity they started with. We were slipping every where as well, clearly a hard fast pitch which we are not used to and may explain all the over hit passes in the first half. Also early in the game Simon gave Faghani a hard time and then bang Ruon gets a dodgy yellow, classic Simon upsetting the Ref just like the good old days. We all know Faghani let’s a lot go so why was it a shock????

Wombat

Nizzy would honestly have every right to be miffed seeing the likes of Bouman and Janota starting before him each week. There is no way to justify that sort of selection process.

As I said earlier in this thread, how Staj expected Bouman or Janota to be effective as inverted mids is beyond me and I lost count of how many times they both lost possession after being shepherded onto their weaker feet.

I’m not playing the hindsight card after the fact but how much better were we after Nizzy and Casella were bought on and played on their natural sides?

Janota and Bouman should NEVER start in front of Nizzy. They were both shite tonight.

Wombat

We were f**king horrible tonight.

My observations......

The LB and RB are NOT starting 11 quality........very solid squad players but neither would start in any other HAL side.
Rowles and Tonyik were average defensively tonight.
DDS and Olli in good form is why we have excelled..............Olli has been average for 5 weeks straight and OMG we missed DDS tonight. Stens improved slightly but he is a very flawd Middy atm.
Janota and Bouman are good technical players but NOT worthy of a starting spot........Nizzy is far more dynamic.
Simon and Urena looked shite tonight.

Impossible to give 321.

3pts Nizzy. Zero points anyone else.

Forum Phoenix

It's ridiculous. Just cannot understand why he would start Janota over NIz who has been fantastic for us this season. And he's been giving Janota no almost no minutes and unsurprisingly he come on and lacks sharpness and match fitness. f**king bizarre decision. Urena was off, and Matty was utterly ineffective. Meanwhile the win it off the bench wunderkid can't even get half a game. Sick of it.

Rudan and his bench are like a collection of comic book villains and goons. Such a bunch of classless wankers. Hate losing to him.

We ran over the top of dads army second half but we wasted far too many chance so the loss is entirely on us. I don't think it's about travelling south, I think it's the longer breaks. Both times we've come back and had poor performances and given away so much ball.

No 3,2,1's for me either.

Oh well, moving on, Ruon is a big loss against SFC but will happy to see Hall come in and see how he goes.

Forum Phoenix

One thousand percent.

LFCMariners

Before people write the season off,

Keep in mind that in 2011-12 Brisbane were leading the comp then lost 5 in a row and recovered to win the GF.

With the news of his departure to Stuttgart, my hope is that Kuol doesn't try to play preservation between now and seasons' end because that extra effort he puts in to get to the ball has directly contributed to at least 1 victory already. Could absolutely use attitude like that in the run home + finals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami