• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tasswegia here we come! Aka WU Away Rd17

Ancient Mariner

We got out hustled in the first half pure and simple. Add to that Urena was off his game.
Bouman is not a winger, he is a #10.
Janota is not a winger, I do not know what he is.
Nizzy is not a winger, but fills the position far better than either of them.

We have been hearing that if it is not broke do not fix it.
It is now broke. Time for some changes.

Kuol must start.
Nizzy and DDS on the wings. If DDS is not fit play Simon there. Bouman on the bench.

Huddo

Second half, they dropped a player back, basically we needed to move players forward but hard to do with two DMs, the early goal torpedoed us. It's hard to have a plan b, when plan a gets found out in the first 5.

Last edited:

booney

Are the wheels falling off at the tail end of the season?Possibly paying the price for some of our players such as Janota,Casella and Smylie not getting much game time earlier in the season.Also the value of DDS ( in attack and defence) was shown in this game-hope his injury not too serious.

pjennings

Pretty simple, Staj got his selection completely wrong. Janota over Niz is just stupid.
As usual, Rowles inability to defend cost us
Simon is back to his MAA3 level so we got exactly what we deserved
Staj being out though by Rudan (attack Nigro) was disturbing

That was the one thing. He confused the CBs for the goal and was generally lazy. Nizzy replaces him and we dominate the game. He should have been off after 10 minutes but we wasted another half of the game before he was pulled.

Tevor

With that performance we deserve to lose top spot and as mentioned I can see us now entering the tight race to make the six. Seems we played that first half like we were favourites and only needed to turn up to win. Second half was better but they parked the bus and we really only had one good chance and that was Alou. No one was good in the first half and I agree Janota does not suit our game but all players were rubbish. MOM was Pain, killed us this afternoon and that’s the most shots I’ve ever seen him have in a game. Oz said they seemed focused this morning, the first half didn’t represent that unfortunately. We are not great travellers out of NSW this season. Worst two games have been in VIC and now also Tas.

Ads

Nizzy needs to start next week if we want more protection for the fullbacks, especially without Tongyik.

Is it just me but other than that 1 goal, Casella has had a lot more substitute changes than Smylie, Hatch, Teskenis, etc but doesn’t impress me at all even when we are dominating or winning a game?

I think almost every time he gets the ball he makes a bad decision.
You can’t ignore Teskenis maybe taking that sub role soon as the 10 min impact player?

Tevor

Nizzy needs to start next week if we want more protection for the fullbacks, especially without Tongyik.

Is it just me but other than that 1 goal, Casella has had a lot more substitute changes than Smylie, Hatch, Teskenis, etc but doesn’t impress me at all even when we are dominating or winning a game?

You can’t ignore Teskenis maybe taking that sub role soon as the 10 min impact player?
Yeah he had some bad touches in good areas as well. Though I think most of our subs haven’t had enough game time due to our success. Somebody also mentioned this earlier. 100% for Nizzy starting next game, he has earn it.

booney

Watching City absolutely dominate a 10 man Victory team.Even though a City win will put them on top of the table I still like to see them rubbing Victory's noses into the dirt.Anyway after our Tasmanian misadventure we don't deserve to be leaders any more.

However the rise of our team this season has been phenomenal and though we are coming back to the field it's been a wonderful and wild ride.

scottmac

Suspended

I might have missed something but Tongyik didn't get sent.....?

scottmac

Suspended
For mine is not doom and gloom. Urena had an off night and on any of his other performances we score tonight. Let's just hope we pump Sydney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami