• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Storm Roux: Broken Leg - it's bad.

Rowdy

Just saw on Channel 9 'Today' morning show recap of sports from the weekend & presenter said Storm has suffered a 'badly broken leg'.

Nothing official as of yet to confirm it but by the looks of the video it seems all but certain.

Watching the enhanced close-up of the incident below, at 1min45sec, if you keep your eye on the back of his calf muscle on the leg that lands, a sharp edge appears in the outline of his sock (just below the calf muscle) as if the bone has popped backwards out of his calf before he then collapses to the ground.

That'd be one nasty break and explains his utter distress afterwards. Looks as if his foot/studs got caught in the pitch as he landed his leg whilst his upper body was twisting the opposite way.

He was having a pretty decent game up until that point imo.

My heart & thoughts go out to the kid who gives his all week-in, week-out in what has been and can only be described as a 'trying & testing' season for both players and fans alike.

I wish him a speedy recovery, to keep his chin up and to come back strong.

I'm not on twitter but someone who is could maybe start this hashtag and show him our support:
#SRoux-brokenbutnotbeaten
& of course #COYY

Last edited:

rbakersmith

It's not good:

The Central Coast Mariners can today inform Members and supporters that 23-year-old defender Storm Roux has suffered a fractured fibula and ligament disruption that will require surgery today in Sydney as a result of the incident that occurred last night at AAMI Park. Roux also sustained a dislocated shoulder that will be assessed later in the week.
At approximately the 58th minute against Melbourne City, Roux landed awkwardly in defence that saw the New Zealand International stretchered from the pitch and taken to hospital.

Roux stayed in Melbourne overnight with Club Physiotherapist Andrew Nealon and will return to Sydney this morning for immediate surgery on this right leg.

The Central Coast Mariners will provide an update on the condition on Storm Roux following his surgery that will determine the duration he will remain sidelined.

The Central Coast Mariners would like to thank the overwhelming support that Storm has received from Mariners supporters and the football community alike.

localpom

All the best Storm. Hope the op goes well and you are back at some point next season. Was not happy with all the constant replays on Fox. Don't need to see that.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
a busted leg AND a dislocated shoulder...if there was ever a time for a concussion that would of been it...Get healed quick Stormy

midfielder

He was having the best game for us he had played all season ...

For the love of Mary he looked in considerable pain .. and as others have said well done Fitzy in fact all the players and City fans as well they were patient as he was treated and clapped him off...

Atomic

It's a bit corny, but can we, as a sub-group of hard core Mariners fans, do something for Storm? How about we take up a collection and buy him... I dont know... some flowers (a bit soft)... or a case of beer (not so good for the waist line)... a DVD... Playstation game...??? Doesn't really matter, but lets show the lad we care.

Anyone with me? We can drop the money off at Wombat's business at East Gossie, or take up a collection at the game next weekend... Don't need much... it's the thought that counts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Al

It's a bit corny, but can we, as a sub-group of hard core Mariners fans, do something for Storm? How about we take up a collection and buy him... I dont know... some flowers (a bit soft)... or a case of beer (not so good for the waist line)... a DVD... Playstation game...??? Doesn't really matter, but lets show the lad we care.

Anyone with me? We can drop the money off at Wombat's business at East Gossie, or take up a collection at the game next weekend... Don't need much... it's the thought that counts.
Try get the stadium to join in the storm roux chant

Insta had some year 1 kids make him a pile of cards.

Atomic

How about a rousing rendition of Hey Jude (Storm Roux) in the 56th minute (when he broke his leg)?

If we spread the word on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, a good majority of the stadium should be aware what's going on. Shame it wont be a decent sized crowd.

Forum Phoenix

Just saw on Channel 9 'Today' morning show recap of sports from the weekend & presenter said Storm has suffered a 'badly broken leg'.

Nothing official as of yet to confirm it but by the looks of the video it seems all but certain.

Watching the enhanced close-up of the incident below, at 1min45sec, if you keep your eye on the back of his calf muscle on the leg that lands, a sharp edge appears in the outline of his sock (just below the calf muscle) as if the bone has popped backwards out of his calf before he then collapses to the ground.

That'd be one nasty break and explains his utter distress afterwards. Looks as if his foot/studs got caught in the pitch as he landed his leg whilst his upper body was twisting the opposite way.

He was having a pretty decent game up until that point imo.

My heart & thoughts go out to the kid who gives his all week-in, week-out in what has been and can only be described as a 'trying & testing' season for both players and fans alike.

I wish him a speedy recovery, to keep his chin up and to come back strong.

I'm not on twitter but someone who is could maybe start this hashtag and show him our support:
#SRoux-brokenbutnotbeaten
& of course #COYY

Great post Rowdy.

Really hope he gets to see this.

Wombat

I'll donate a free massage voucher for him.

midfielder

Maybe donation buckets at the gates and we get the word out to radio as well as social media.... I am happy to collect at one of the entrances ...

??? do we need stadium and or club permission to make collections...

Fishsdad

Just catching up on all this. O/S at the moment, but my wife described this to me by 'phone and I've just watched the video - sickening.

We will be contributing to any fundraising or 'spirit raising' event that is organized. I'll keep a close eye on this thread, and will be back in time for the Derby on Sunday, so hope to be able to contribute at the ground.

Kudos to all of you good folk for your caring and your actions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred