• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"Spoilt Brat" a Disgrace to the SCUM!!! XD

RADINHO

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/sport/football-soccer/joels-antics-an-insult-to-club-teammates-and-fans/1717200.aspx

AT the very least, Joel Griffiths is being unprofessional.

Harsher critics would label him a spoilt brat.

Not only was his weekend no-show a breach of contract, it was a slap in the face to club owner Con Constantine, his teammates and fans.

As of last night neither Griffiths or his manager, John Denison, had contacted the Jets to offer an explanation.

Let's get one thing straight.

Griffiths is contracted to the Jets.

Despite his protests, the striker's loan deal with Beijing Guoan ended on December 31.

He is now on the books with the Jets for the remainder of this season and the next two a contract he willingly signed and which at the time made him the highest-paid player in the club's history.

Contracted players have obligations. Number one is turning up for duty.

Given that Griffiths said he wants to return to Beijing to increase his chances of Socceroos selection for the World Cup, wouldn't it make sense to start training, even if he had no intention of playing with the Jets?

Griffiths has not kicked a ball in anger since October 10, when he incurred the latest of his many suspensions.

The Chinese Super League champions have had ample opportunity to secure Griffiths's service. Tired of the Chinese club's haggling, Constantine dug his heels in on December 18 and said Griffiths was no longer for sale.

A season-ending injury to Fabio Vignaroli had left the Jets without a marquee man and in desperate need of a player the calibre of Griffiths.

The thought of the 2008 Johnny Warren Medal winner and English import Michael Bridges leading the Jets front line would certainly lessen the blow of losing the Italian.

But the chances of that happening appear remote.

The sad part in all of this is the hammering Griffiths's reputation has taken.

Once hailed a hero of the Hunter up there with Knights legend Andrew Johns, the golden boy of the Jets 2007-08 championship has lost his aura with the Hunter faithful.

No one can blame a player anyone for that matter wanting to earn top dollar. The $750,000 at Beijing was more than twice Griffiths's salary in Newcastle. Once that deal was complete the second loan period Constantine had agreed to after Griffiths's stint in Japan at Avispa the onus was on Beijing to complete the transfer.

In the absence of that, Griffiths must honour his contract with the Jets.

Meanwhile, the circus threatens to derail the Jets' courageous climb back up the A-League ladder.

Registration for the Asian Champions League closes on January 11, and with it any window of opportunity for Griffiths to return to Beijing.

It makes for an interesting week, even if Griffiths isn't here to experience it.

:tv: :popcorn:

Joel "Sackwacker" Griffths, You F@#$%&G Twat!

LFCMariners

And people on one of the other threads can't understand why I NEVER want this carnt at the Mariners...

As for once being hailed up there with Andrew Johns =  :piralaugh:

MagpieMariner

I must admit I was one of those who opined that he would be an asset to our club because of his goal-scoring ability.
On reflection however, I agree we don't want him no matter what he can do. How could you possibly trust a guy who doesn't know the meaning of the word "honour" and for whom a binding contract isn't worth the paper it's written on?
I totally agree with the stand the Scum are taking.

serious14

spike said:
and for whom a binding contract isn't worth the paper it's written on?

You're gonna have a go at Griffiths for this sort of thing??  We're talking about an operation run by Con Constantine here....  :p

scottmac

Suspended
Totally agree with Griffiths here. They had a deal with Bejing and now that they have lost vinny they want him to play against his best interests.

PFA is backing him which says much, stuff the jets

dru

serious14 said:
spike said:

You're gonna have a go at Griffiths for this sort of thing??  We're talking about an operation run by Con Constantine here....  :p
Probably still owed mangos from last time he played  ;)

Wonder if his super is all up to date

MagpieMariner

serious14 said:
spike said:

Doesn't matter who's running it. He was happy enough to sign as marquee for 3 years before Beijing beckoned. No thought of keeping in Pim's view then, that's just an excuse now.
He'd be screaming long & loud if Con reneged & didn't pay him, but it's OK for him to renege on his part. It's gotta work both ways.
Also, if Beijing really wanted him, they'd have come to the party right from the start.
They were probably keen enough until he showed his dickheadedness & got suspended. They probably figured if that's the level of his professionalism then maybe they're better off without him.

dibo

I think Joel and the PFA's point is that the Jets *did* renege on a deal to sell.

c**tface is not the first person to want a transfer and have it held up by protracted negotiations, but once there is an agreement to sell (as it appears there is) then surely he's within his rights to expect that each party will meet their end of the bargain. In not following through with the sale the Jets are breaking the agreement.

While Joel should be at training by the terms of his contract with the Jets, the Jets have agreed (and subsequently changed their mind) that Joel is to be released from his contract for the payment of a set fee.

As has been said on SFCU, the best possible thing out of this would be if both parties put up brick walls and he sat out the rest of his contract. It'd mean no Sackwhacker on football fields and the Jets would have a massive hole put in their player budget. I can't think of a better outcome.

scottmac

Suspended
Jesus said:
I am pretty sure until the Jets get paid they can tell bejing to f**k off, as that is their right.

They're willing to pay it but the jets are forcing another clause which sees him play untill the end of the season, which wasn't a part of the original deal.

Jesus

Jesus
scottmac said:
Jesus said:
I am pretty sure until the Jets get paid they can tell bejing to f**k off, as that is their right.

They're willing to pay it but the jets are forcing another clause which sees him play untill the end of the season, which wasn't a part of the original deal.

I dont think that would matter. The jets can change their mind until they have been paid and all the paper work signed.

dru

Newcastle herald article

RECALCITRANT striker Joel Griffiths is expected to learn next week whether he must honour his contract with the Newcastle Jets.

An arbitration hearing has been scheduled for Tuesday to hear the dispute between the Jets and Griffiths, who has accused the A-League club of reneging on a deal to sell him to Chinese champions Beijing Guoan for $350,000.

Jesus

Jesus
scottmac said:
Jesus said:

According to the Jest fans, bejing offered 280k when the deadline for the 350k was up. Then scum said no, we will keep him and they offered 350k, and con said ok, but you cant have him til after finals. Then con said 400k and they can have him now.

My tip is sackwhack loses on tues and bejing pay 400k for him. Which is nothing compared to what he achieved with them last year, even considering his ban.

Bejing have been lowballing, and 400k is f**k all of sackwhack. Especially when the initial deal was 1mil, which, given he is a striker, and scored regularly, is f**k all compared to milligan, who was on far less at scumcastle, and had a smaller contract remaining

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred