• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Souths to relocate to Gosford?

Would you support a league team on the Coast?

• NO - CCM Forever

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Only OUR team - not an existing one simply relocating

• Yes - Any club that chooses to relocate here

• Total voters

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
MarinaTed said:
I'd support a coast based NRL team seeing as it is the off season to the HAL.

it would have to be OUR OWN TEAM or I'd have little to no interest in the idea.

Zactly....or a someone else said bring back the bears, besides wouldnt the Umina bunnies get the shits if a horde of rabbits showed up

Kareem

MarinaTed said:
I'll be the odd one out here and state I'd support a coast based NRL team seeing as it is the off season to the HAL. I have followed league since i was 5 yo and won't chage that anytime soon. BUT if it's not my beloved Bulldogs relocating here then it would have to be OUR OWN TEAM or I'd have little to no interest in the idea. This would be the same for any NRL fan and their chosen team, so to be honest I can't see it working out.

It's obvious the NRL is struggling to survive though and crowd numbers have been nothing short of dismal.
:goodpost:
Agree 100%. I even support the doggies as well! I alos have supported league since 5yo (albeit not as long probably:p:thumbup:

Pokes

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15720686965

Cause starting facebook groups are fun...

Bex

Would never support an NRL team be it the bears or anyone else. The very idea of suggesting that we should accept a broken down, good for nothing, throwback team like Souths smacks of the very arrogance which has turned me off NRL.

The NRL sent a clear message as to how little they value the support of the central coast when they rejected all three bids for a new club in the NRL (including a very generous bid from Singo) and then did a backflip and, out of thin air, awarded a franchise to the twice failed region of Gold Coast.

The Eels were my home team a decade ago when I lived in Sydney. I'll always barrack for the Eels if I spot them playing. Now, I'm more proud to say I'm a Mariners fan then I ever was to say I was an Eels supporter. The way the Mariners club do business, represent the region, look after their players and support the local youth is awesome.

marinersman

Agree with Bex about a NRL team locating here.

I should declare I don't like Rugby League and was born a Football man.

It is insulting and offensive to suggest that a club close to extinction can relocate here and presto the CC should accept and love them.

I don't ever want to see a RL team here, but if it happens, it must be a brand new start up CC club.

I also think a successful RL local team here would have a detrimental affect on our crowds. I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't mind betting there are plenty of punters who go to our games that would chose RL over Football if they had the choice. I can't see that many RL supporters up here going all year round, week in, week out to a RL team during winter and then the Mariners during summer.

Ted

I think you will find that league fans support league and football fans such as yourself support football and never the twain shall meet. Some like me have passion for both codes....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred