• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Song Repetition (or lack thereof)

serious14

Is it really that hard to sing a chant/song more than twice, three times at best??    Surely not??

I cite the example of "You Are A Bogan" from yesterday as the perfect example of what happens when we stick with a song....... by the end of the fourth round of "oooooooo", everyone was so fired up and really into it, that when we went into the fifth repetition of the verse proper, it was belted out loud, proud, and with _gusto_.  In all honesty, I think that gusto is the sort of thing that can only come from building a song up through well paced and meaningful repetition.  Look at Urawa - they get songs going for ten minutes, and not once do they fade away.

There's some songs that I think are repeated too much (Lawrie McKinna's Yellow Army - it loses all meaning by the half hour point if we sing it 509 times), when there's a litany of other songs out there that we could at least have a go of belting out, and lo and behold if we stick with them, they just might become regular tunes.

Just remember how good 'You Are A Bogan' sounded pre-game yesterday as an example of what we _can_ do.

P.S.  Anyone who keeps denying that the emo factor in the Bay is a problem - surely yesterday proved once and for all what a ginormous sound hole and negative influence they are to our active support??  Barely clapping, minimal singing, when all the while those places could be taken up by people who want to stand without being coerced into doing so, sing their arses off for 90 minutes, and generally contribute to society in a way that doesn't involve their sister's jeans.......

EMO'S OUT!!!!

northernspirit

all the more reason all of us who do sing should be all clustered together instead of being scattered all around the place, we would be louder and better co-ordinated - more like our away support i.e sydney round 1 which was phenominal support by us

FFC Mariner

northernspirit said:
all the more reason all of us who do sing should be all clustered together instead of being scattered all around the place, we would be louder and better co-ordinated - more like our away support i.e sydney round 1 which was phenominal support by us

I think that applies to all teams at home though. Look at the Bogans last night. They never, ever get that many in the Squadron at home but at away games everyone comes together. Fact of life I'm afraid.

Tez

northernspirit said:
Totally Agree!  :eek:verhead:
but Emo's would still be in the bay being emo, not standing and not chanting..

i think its been suggested before but if seats in Bay 16 were were as a different category seating (not reserved seating - but different category) with the caption (standing) printed on the ticket  mite help go someway to getting rid of teh Emo's?
Just a thought for next season

FFC Mariner

Personally I would happily pay a bit more to have reserved seats in that area. Policing will be no probs after the first few emo's get a kick in the arse.

Either that or have a group of singers migrate to reserved seating somewhere?

uptheguts

count my vote in for membership. what happens though when some members may not be able to make it... empty seats as it would have been policed people (CCM fans/ non members) will not sit there.

brett

Great point about the song repetition james.

There is no easy way to know whether emos out = empty seats or emos out = more Marinators from somewhere.

If the leadership group starts right in the centre of the bay, we've nicked some key emo territory, and if there are more Marinators just waiting for empty seats to stand in, those should appear further towards the back of the bay. I'll be keenly seeing how that areas fills up and whether it is involved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred