• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Socceroos World Cup qualifer in doubt

fedelta

shipwreck said:
Anyone notice how Harry isnt wearing Nomis boots anymore, looks like he wears Nike Air Legends now

Interesting

Yeah he's gone from Adidas Predators to Nomis and now Nike Air Legends.
Hmm..

dibo

adz said:
dibo said:
i think i saw serious immediately after harry scored.

on the field?

:piralaugh:

taylor said:
shipwreck said:
Anyone notice how Harry isnt wearing Nomis boots anymore, looks like he wears Nike Air Legends now

Interesting

Yeah he's gone from Adidas Predators to Nomis and now Nike Air Legends.
Hmm..

he heard me recommending them - they're very comfy

when you don't do something stupid that ends with a roll, a pop, and then a little yelp...

serious14

dibo said:
i think i saw serious immediately after harry scored.

Unless they had a camera set up in the Charles Dickens Tavern in Melbourne then alas, it wasn't me.  Shoelady and I were in Melbourne all weekend for the Juventus game.

Cracker of a game, Harry was on _fire_, and the combination he is forming with Carney is fast becoming lethal.  The only negative I could find was Jade North in central defence.  No, no, no, no, and............... no.  Totally not up to the challenge of being an international standard defender.

Oh, and Brett Holman.  :vomit: :redcard:

S

soccersensei

Yep, it was great to see Harry playing like he was a seven foot tall striker with the on the ball skills of Messi ;D

Emo for mine (caught out twice) otherwise another great contribution.
Vince actually looked just a little unsettled to me which is unusual - unless he's in rage mode ;D But it could well have been because North kept leaving big whopping holes in the back line! Far to easily drawn off his man - not jockeying or closing down intelligently at all - which looked tonight like inexperience against quality attackers - but he did this so well against china that I'm not sure that it wasn't perhaps a pressure/expectation induced fall due to the kudos and increased media profile he's had since then... Either way, we just can't afford the learning curve in our WCQ's!

And yes... Holman... Bloody hell...  ::)

Mariner Girl

Great result - did what we had to do... Harry was superb.  :eek:verhead:

As for Holman - he has NEVER floated my boat, just sunk it  :fireup:

marinersman

Have to agree with CCY on that. Both central defenders were guilty of ball watching and not picking up their man too many times.

Harry, Vinnie and Scharzer were the stars. Harry was outstanding and led by example. Cullina, I thought did very well in the second half as well.

Even though Iraq are bottom of the group, on last nights performance they are still one of the better teams in Asia. I thought they were very good and always dangerous going forward. The way they pressured us on the ball and pushed high up the field was impressive. I'm sure Qatar and China were watching their tactics with interest.

Should be a hell of a game in Dubai next weekend.

FFC Mariner

Meggsi was effectively playing on his own at CB as North was totally out of his depth.

V nice little surgeing run in the 2nd half which we havent seen him do for Australia very often and is one of the great strengths of his game.

I cant believe there isnt a better option that Holman in the HAL

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Harry had an absolute blinder...shoulda been made captain yonks ago if thats what the armband does to him...:)

Newieutd

Greenpoleffc said:
Meggsi was effectively playing on his own at CB as North was totally out of his depth.

You have to be kidding me. You watch most of the mistakes made at the back was Beauchamp. North had that one slip that led to an open header.

North constantly was cleaning up Beachamps crap.

Neither played well and both (if we had adequate resources should be replaced for the next game)

marinermick

Newieutd said:
Greenpoleffc said:

You have to be kidding me. You watch most of the mistakes made at the back was Beauchamp. North had that one slip that led to an open header.

North constantly was cleaning up Beachamps crap.

Neither played well and both (if we had adequate resources should be replaced for the next game)

that is plain rubbish - meggsy was being constantly pulled out of position because north was not marking at all

even emerton had to cover at times because of north's ball watching

both centre backs were very poor tonight but north was by far worse

Newieutd

marinermick said:
that is plain rubbish - meggsy was being constantly pulled out of position because north was not marking at all

even emerton had to cover at times because of north's ball watching

both centre backs were very poor tonight but north was by far worse

WOW, i saw it the completely the other way. I saw north doing all the covering.

Paolo

geez, having an argument over who was the shittest player....north or beauchamp.

Both shit, both should not be national team CBs. imo anyway

dru

Newieutd said:
dru said:
Newieutd said:
Greenpoleffc said:
I am not kidding you and you are a twat.

Back to the skate park tosswit

What!!!
Back to the skatepark.
Niiiiice

I'm still laughing at the mental image of Dane in a skate park.

i could never go to a skatepark, i'd definitely spill my cup of tea :)

Hmm now I can see you being terroised by the skate kids at the the skate park near the rugby fields in Singleton while trying to hold a thermost of tea.  ;D roflmao

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred