• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Socceroos To Play Italy

Bear

Socceroos To Play Italy - 442

BREAKING NEWS: The Socceroos will play Italy next year in a glamour tie - and the Europeans are set to back Australia's World Cup bid.
The match will take place in either June or November depending on next year's fixture schedule.

And the Italians have said thy want it to be held in Australia if possible, although there is a chance it could have to take place in Italy if necessary.

The game and Italy's support for the World Cup bid was revealed at a press conference in Sydney today.

It also revealed the two countries had signed an agreement to share resources in future years.

FFA Chairman, Frank Lowy, and the President of the Federazione Italiana Giuoco Calcio (FIGC or Italian Football Federation), Dr Giancarlo Abete, signed the agreement in Sydney just prior to the official start of the Opening Ceremony of the FIFA World Congress.

Italy and Australia have long had a close relationship at all levels because of the large number of Australians of Italian origin, said Mr Lowy.

The Italian football team is also one of the great exponents of football and has thrilled many football fans over the years.

This agreement reinforces the depth of the relationship between our countries, and also broadens it to include our shared passion for the beautiful game.

The agreement includes the sharing of resources and expertise, including technical exchange in the areas of coaching, referees, game development, youth football, womens football, sports science and medicine and others.

This is an exchange in every sense of the word, Mr Lowy said.

In some areas, the FIGC clearly offer great experience and expertise, and in other areas Australia does.

The FIGC will also provide advice and expertise to FFA in developing the Home of Football in Australia which is to include a technical centre and a domestic training base for Australias nine national teams.

Mr Lowy said the agreement also covers cooperation in the staging of international friendly matches between the mens and womens teams at all age groups as well as Futsal.

The Azzurri defeated us on the field in Germany in a very hard fought battle between us, and they went on to win the 2006 FIFA World Cup.

We are delighted to form this relationship with FIGC, Mr Lowy said.

Kareem

keensy said:
I struggle to see what italy can possibly gain from this
Italy wont be hosting world cup for a while...wats the next best thing- Australia- almost like a home world cup (for the likes of England, Italy, Greece to name a few)
thas just IMO

serious14

Play this game in Melbourne at the MCG - it would sell out twice over in 10 seconds flat.

I am so there.

bjw

bjw
Its from 442.. but still. Its a time for revenge and should twist the knife into the other football codes in Australia.

Paolo

Kareem said:
keensy said:
Italy wont be hosting world cup for a while...wats the next best thing- Australia- almost like a home world cup (for the likes of England, Italy, Greece to name a few)
thas just IMO
again, how do they benefit from a agreement to 'share resources' ????

p.s them supporting a bid for world cup is not a benfit for them and i think thats more about them not wanting it in england.

Kareem

keensy said:
Kareem said:
keensy said:
thas just IMO
again, how do they benefit from a agreement to 'share resources' ????

p.s them supporting a bid for world cup is not a benfit for them and i think thats more about them not wanting it in england.
i dunno about resources- i dont want anything from them really...
but i was just sayin that it may be better for the world cup to be in Australia than England or anywhere else from their perspective!

serious14

So Uncle Frank shaking hands with the head of the Italian FA at the FIFA Congress in Sydney, and them both talking about it on Fox Sports News.............. total b.s.??

Gotcha.  ;)

Paolo

serious14 said:
So Uncle Frank shaking hands with the head of the Italian FA at the FIFA Congress in Sydney, and them both talking about it on Fox Sports News.............. total b.s.??

Gotcha.  ;)
haha,  i thought the quotes from uncle frank in the article would have ruled out the b.s suggestions, but hey thats just me

northernspirit

i hadnt seen the tv coverage ;)
for the record, i do use fourfourtwo - also got a susbscription to their mag, so not anti 441 just dont believe half what they say :D

Bear

northernspirit said:
so not anti 442 just dont believe half what they say :D

But its a football website. They have football storys on it. They are 99% accurate storys that they run, the only thing for the life of me that I can think of that they have gotten wrong was when they reported Holland has signed with the Mariners, only for it to be taken down half an hour later. The only b.s on their site it the rumour mill, and thats because it is, in fact, a rumour mill

Not a personal attack, I just dont understand what people have against it, as your about the bazillionth person to have a dig

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred