• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Socceroos / Electronic media coverage

dibo

people who know anything about the game know exactly what SOO is about, and what the rule is. it's been that way since... forever (i.e. ~1980), hasn't it?

i'm more railing against the 'every thread turns into clutching at whatever opportunity to bag rugby league' thing that's happening at the moment. you know all those 'smell the fear' things that get posted up? that's what it looks like when every bloody thread turns into a RL bagging exercise. live and let live.

serious14

dibo said:
btw - england's not a separate country. just thought i should mention that. ;)

Ahhhhhhhhhh, we getting technical now??  :p

I'm only turning a thread into a RL-bagging exercise if it's warranted.  Just so you know, I used to follow RL quite closely (Panthers), but ever since the rubbish that happened in the mid 90's, combined with the gradual............ not quite sure what word I'm after here, dumbing down of the game perhaps??  Dunno - but suffice to say, the game is not what it used to be.  I remember when they used to spread the ball wide before the 5th tackle, when there used to be kicks that weren't pre-meditated on the 5th tackle.  Random drop goals, length of the field tries every other game, not every other week.  I just think what's masquerading around today is a sad indictment compared to what the game used to be.

Now you've got Gallop, one of the most self important dickweeds known to man strutting around like his game is some sort of world beating phenomena.  All I want is some sort of perspective, y'know??

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
game hasnt been the same since Kevin Humpreys got busted...he may have been alledgedly corrupt but he wasnt a numbnut like this gallop geezer...john quayle wasnt a bad boss either....but like S-14 said.....it aint been the same since f'n super league...thats when i started to drop off in interest too

Bex

Anyway, the point was a stupid discussion about NRL rules overshadowed the WC qualifier result. Thats not NRL bashing, its a fact, its evidence of their bias towards NRL and its wrong for a supposed unbiased program.

If they're going to call themselves a unbiased, the least they could do was give a couple of minutes wrap to the WC qualifier before they start talking about lame-arse NRL rules.

I mean, there was plenty to talk about; three goals, double to Emerton and one to Kewell. A disallowed goal to Kewell who is gunning for a new contract overseas. Schwarzer's strange injury that dissapeared as fast as it occured - almost Iraqi style - and his second yellow card excluding him from the next game. Carney's nice form (IMO). The Qatari that incessently ran around our defence (the names all sound the same to me). The guy that tried to put the knee into the goal post and lost. etc.etc.etc.etc.

All of this stuff is more interesting than some vague NRL rule.

midfielder

serious14 said:
dibo said:
btw - england's not a separate country. just thought i should mention that. ;)

Ahhhhhhhhhh, we getting technical now??  :p

I'm only turning a thread into a RL-bagging exercise if it's warranted.  Just so you know, I used to follow RL quite closely (Panthers), but ever since the rubbish that happened in the mid 90's, combined with the gradual............ not quite sure what word I'm after here, dumbing down of the game perhaps??  Dunno - but suffice to say, the game is not what it used to be.  I remember when they used to spread the ball wide before the 5th tackle, when there used to be kicks that weren't pre-meditated on the 5th tackle.  Random drop goals, length of the field tries every other game, not every other week.   I just think what's masquerading around today is a sad indictment compared to what the game used to be.

Now you've got Gallop, one of the most self important dickweeds known to man strutting around like his game is some sort of world beating phenomena.  All I want is some sort of perspective, y'know??

In many ways I agree I played semi professional RL for Guildford, and I am not a big person 5' 4" and about 10 stone, (at the time) played half, five meter rule, four tackle, IMO my body build could not play RL today. Agree also on mid 90's and rule changes have not been good for the game.

However it is still a very popular game and IMO as the guy from the Titians said both codes could work together for their mutual benefit given the number of common grounds they will be playing at.

dibo

for the purposes of infrastructure, we're much better off working with RL than aussie rules or RU. the pitch sizes are much closer together. even standing ends and whatnot are not impossible with RL grounds - RL clubs are trying to develop more kulcha among their fans with participatory rather than spectatory support.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred