• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

So what players are out of contract ?

pjennings

End of season 8 season

Ryan
Pasfield
McDonald
Griffiths
Zwaanswijk
Oates
Bozanic
Hutchinson
Sterjovski
Rogic
Kwasnik
Caceres
McGlinchey
Hearfield
Pellegrino
McBreen

End of season 9

Anderson
Sainsbury
Bojic
Ibini-Isei
Duke

End of season 10

Rose
Montgomery
Fitzgerald

morrijo

So most of the squad
Would like to think we could retain McGlinchy
Hearfield why is he out of favour?
Who will we reatain?

Who is Fitzgerald from roar going to replace?

Ancient Mariner

End of season 8 season

Ryan Will probably go
Pasfield Re sign (one or two years depending on who is in the nursery)
McDonald no idea
Griffiths Re sign one year
Zwaanswijk One more if his body can do it, still one of the best centre halves in the A League
Oates No idea
Bozanic Re sign for two or three as Hutch replacement
Hutchinson Will probably go to Asia for his pension
Sterjovski One more if cheap
Rogic Will probably go
Kwasnik One more
Caceres If he is as good as they say, 3 years
McGlinchey 3 years, whatever it takes
Hearfield Let go
Pellegrino Let go
McBreen Another year with suitable increase

End of season 9

Anderson
Sainsbury
Bojic
Ibini-Isei
Duke

End of season 10

Rose
Montgomery
Fitzgerald

nero

I know its easy to comment from my arm chair, but I really believe CCM need to sign Sainsbury, Anderson and Duke up for another 2 or 3 years now! Otherwise CCM will be having the same problem as this year next year with those guys.
I would like to see Weemac and Bozanic kept as a priority, these guys need to be our core group once Hutcho, kwasie and McBreen leave.

But players come and go, I can't see anybody coming in that will be able to replace Arnie. He is the reason we have been top of the league in the last few years and we need to keep him above any Rogics, Ibinis and Ryans.
Big fat 3 year contract (1 million per season) should be already out with Arnie now, with a stipulation that he can leave if its for a coaching gig in one of the top 4 leagues in Europe.
Yes I know CCM don't have any money but there must be someone who could sponsor this deal.

End of season 9

Anderson
Sainsbury (we must sign him up for another 2 years starting now)
Bojic
Ibini-Isei
Duke

End of season 10

Rose
Montgomery
Fitzgerald

Mumbles

A
I know its easy to comment from my arm chair, but I really believe CCM need to sign Sainsbury, Anderson and Duke up for another 2 or 3 years now! Otherwise CCM will be having the same problem as this year next year with those guys.
I would like to see Weemac and Bozanic kept as a priority, these guys need to be our core group once Hutcho, kwasie and McBreen leave.

But players come and go, I can't see anybody coming in that will be able to replace Arnie. He is the reason we have been top of the league in the last few years and we need to keep him above any Rogics, Ibinis and Ryans.
Big fat 3 year contract (1 million per season) should be already out with Arnie now, with a stipulation that he can leave if its for a coaching gig in one of the top 4 leagues in Europe.
Yes I know CCM don't have any money but there must be someone who could sponsor this deal.

End of season 9

Anderson
Sainsbury (we must sign him up for another 2 years starting now)
Bojic
Ibini-Isei
Duke

End of season 10

Rose
Montgomery
Fitzgerald

Arnie doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who focuses on the money. Yes it has to be fair compensation but not beyond the capabilities of the Mariners. This young player sell off seems to be causing him some stress. I guess without adequate consultation with him. If he leaves it will be as a result of meddling with his season strategy. Just an opinion!

There aren't many coach options that fit our culture.

Atomic

A

Arnie doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who focuses on the money. Yes it has to be fair compensation but not beyond the capabilities of the Mariners. This young player sell off seems to be causing him some stress. I guess without adequate consultation with him. If he leaves it will be as a result of meddling with his season strategy. Just an opinion!

There weren't that many people that thought Arnie was a good fit for the Mariners when his appointment was first announced. In fact, there must be some people out there that must be down right embarrassed by what they had to say when he was appointed.

Anyway, people surprise you, so don't lose hope that we won't find an adequate replacement for Arnie when the time comes. I suspect that the club is bigger than the vast majority of egos out there and the new guy will realise that pretty quick smart.

style_cafe

There weren't that many people that thought Arnie was a good fit for the Mariners when his appointment was first announced. In fact, there must be some people out there that must be down right embarrassed by what they had to say when he was appointed.

Anyway, people surprise you, so don't lose hope that we won't find an adequate replacement for Arnie when the time comes. I suspect that the club is bigger than the vast majority of egos out there and the new guy will realise that pretty quick smart.

Dutchy should be doing his licences as soon as possible.
He would be an ideal replacement if & when Arnies pulls up stumps.

Atomic

Dutchy should be doing his licences as soon as possible.
He would be an ideal replacement if & when Arnies pulls up stumps.
I wouldn't mind Mossy taking over from Arnie. I think he's done his apprenticeship and deserves a shot at the big-time. It would be a good succession plan to have Dutchy do his time as Mossy's assistant... with the view of taking over when Moss is tempted away in the future. Hopefully by that time, there will be another faithful ex-player that will step up to become Dutchy's assistant.

And so the cycle of life continues.

dibo

I wouldn't mind Mossy taking over from Arnie. I think he's done his apprenticeship and deserves a shot at the big-time. It would be a good succession plan to have Dutchy do his time as Mossy's assistant... with the view of taking over when Moss is tempted away in the future. Hopefully by that time, there will be another faithful ex-player that will step up to become Dutchy's assistant.

And so the cycle of life continues.
Build a culture, build a dynasty. Build a big f**king trophy cabinet too.

pjennings

Keeping on the off-topic coaching bent - from

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=79324

Phil Moss gave some interesting insights in a question and answer session yesterday.

He said that Graham Arnold learnt a massive amount from Hiddink, in terms of tactics and player management. He also said that Arnie learnt a lot under Verbeek, but more in tactical terms, thorough preparation and game knowledge, than player management.

Moss also said that Mariners' training sessions were open to all coaches, apart from opposition A League teams. They think that if they disseminate training sound ground practice to local constituent coaches, they will be the long term beneficiaries by having more local youth teams coached well. They are also keen to have as many local Gosford developed players as possible in the Mariners' team.

Moss also viewed his current position as being an assistant to Arnold as ideal , because he was learning so much. Ultimately, he would like to be a head coach of an A League team.

He also stressed the importance of knowing people in the game as being integral to getting into the Mariners set up. At any given time a coach could be out of work.

This last point reinforced how important it is to have a trade , skill or profession to back up a professional coaching career.

Some younger, ambitious local coaches wanted to know how they could enter the professional set up. He answered by praising the good work that grass roots and amateur coaches do. Without them, he contended, there would be no elite.

Roy Law

A

Really can't imagine he wasn't consulted. If I know Rogic and Ryan are off contract I reckon he knew too? As for Bernie, I would have thought Arnie has been around long enough to know that offers will come in for any player - and hasn't Arnie said he wants his young stars to go on and become millionaires? I expect he is more upset by the whole concept of the January transfer window than with anything to do with consultation within the club

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred