• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

So I spent the day in hospital.....

serious14

.....getting a kidney stone treated.

Holy dear mother of all things _un_holy, quite possibly the most painful experience of my life.  I did end up with a doctor's certificate for a week of work though.  But quite frankly, not worth it.

To say the very least - ouch.  Any of you had one before (or something similar)??

marinermick

serious14 said:
.....getting a kidney stone treated.

Holy dear mother of all things _un_holy, quite possibly the most painful experience of my life.   I did end up with a doctor's certificate for a week of work though.  But quite frankly, not worth it.

To say the very least - ouch.   Any of you had one before (or something similar)??

count your lucky stars you didn't pass one, or get it operated out like they used to do in the past

my mum had a full operation to get one out years ago

i spent an not so equally painful (but still very painful) day doing the anatomy component of my uni course today and coincidentally today's topic was on homeostatis, electrolytes and pH balance in the body

dru

serious14 said:
I did end up with a doctor's certificate for a week of work though.  But quite frankly, not worth it.

A week of hard labor or office work? Going to the doctors and being given work isn't cool. Actually it's generally called physio.  ;) :p

serious14

marinermick said:
count your lucky stars you didn't pass one, or get it operated out like they used to do in the past

Sorry, used the wrong word.  Treated = bombarding it with drugs to shrink it so I could pass it semi-painfully a few hours ago, as opposed to ridiculously painfully, which was what my kidneys were like for most of the day.

dru said:
A week of hard labor or office work? Going to the doctors and being given work isn't cool. Actually it's generally called physio.  ;) :p

Mate, I'm a driver for Domino's.  That's not work.    :p

Paolo

serious14 said:
Holy dear mother of all things _un_holy, quite possibly the most painful experience of my life. 
Ever had a catheter??? Does it compare to that? I know they would be a the same sort of pain as they both involve the private region.
At this time a catheter has been my most painful experience

Jeff (LouMacari)

been there done that Serious, and the pain is akin to grabbing your top lip and stretching it over the top of your head whilst standing in a bed of hot coals and your willy in a bucket of scorpions!

midfielder

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
been there done that Serious, and the pain is akin to grabbing your top lip and stretching it over the top of your head whilst standing in a bed of hot coals and your willy in a bucket of scorpions!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Also Sorry for you serious I have had a KS and its not funny

S

soccersensei

Yep, had a lot of pretty nasty injuries in my life but Kidney stone still takes the cake.
They actually say its the only pain that comes close to childbirth  :p

hasbeen

Agreed ... on the pain scale it was the worst I ever experienced ... kidney stone .. not giving birth. I was actually doubled up at my desk at work making little whimpering sounds. Had the thing flushed and was okay.

bjw

bjw
On a totally unrelated note..

Serious (not to sound like a stalker) but was that you I saw at Eagles Boys Erina tonight?

Bear

brennan said:

Serious (not to sound like a stalker) but was that you I saw at Eagles Boys Erina tonight?

Was it a bald c**t who looks about 39 years old?

serious14

brennan said:

Bear, shut the f*ck up, you're balder and more of a c*nt than I am.  :p

Brennan, yes it was.  Around 6.45-ish??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred