• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

SMH Articles: "Catholics welcome, Muslims not" + Hillsong schools drive

Don

IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH A HILLSONG NUT AT THE MOMENT.MY DAD PASSED NOT THAT LONG AGO AND THE PERSON YOU LIVES NEXT DOOR TO MY WORK PLACE IS IN HERE NEARLY EVERYDAY TELLING ME I SHOULD GO TO HILLSONG SERVICES I NEED JESUS IN MY LIFE SO I DONT GO TO HELL THINGS LIKE THAT DOES MY HEAD IN

Paolo

Don said:
IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH A HILLSONG NUT AT THE MOMENT.MY DAD PASSED NOT THAT LONG AGO AND THE PERSON YOU LIVES NEXT DOOR TO MY WORK PLACE IS IN HERE NEARLY EVERYDAY TELLING ME I SHOULD GO TO HILLSONG SERVICES I NEED JESUS IN MY LIFE SO I DONT GO TO HELL THINGS LIKE THAT DOES MY HEAD IN
capslock.jpg

Atomic

keensy said:
Don said:
capslock.jpg

Maybe the caps lock is her way of expressing her ANGER at the behaviour of this individual. Be careful not to suppress someone's freedom of expression keensy.

clarence

Just some clarifications and further points on this...
Kareem said:
some good points against the school Clarence.
But the problem isnt those...I would be happy if they were
the problem is their reasoning- its racist, not as rational as Clarence.
one resident, Kate McCulloch, said Muslims would not fit into the Camden community.
Kareem I'm neither for nor against such a school personally, and I have nothing to do with Camden, but was responding to points brought up by Dibo and had thought about it. I felt that I had something to contribute by offering alternative views that I saw may have been more closer to the reality of a Council decision.
Kareem said:
"The council said they rejected us because of traffic and zoning, but I think if we didn't have the backlash from the community then it could have ended very differently."
Can anyone 100% tell me they honestly believe the Camden's protest wasnt somewhat influential?

Oh you are quite right in your scepticism Kareem. I'm sure the protests and the mobilisation of the residents stirred up the Council, particularly heading towards a Council election this coming Saturday. But they found legitimate concerns about the proposed development and their reasoning can probably be tested in some Administrative Tribunal or Planning & Environment Hearing of some sort.
On the flip side, did the Quranic Society think they could build a school holding 1200 students in a small town without scrutiny and some emotive response if they didn't explain it well enough?
hasbeen said:
Just a small point here ... discrimination based on someone's religious persuasion is not racism.

It really depends upon the religion's view of itself and whether they view themselves as a separate race of people, and whether other people accept that view.

Jewish people tend to believe that they are a race of people, and in more recent historical times, they have the State of Israel to prove that this has been 'accepted' by others. Do Muslim folks view themselves as a race of people or as a  religion, I dunno?

serious14 said:
A delightful reinforcement of how much a racist backwater we really are..... a damn shame.  This country has so much potential.

I WILL NOT HEAR A BAD WORD AGAINST THE COLLIDER!!!!  :fireup:

By saying 'we' are you referring to Australia in general or us here for placing comments within this Thread about the issue down at Camden? I'm not sure that's all.

When they fire up that Collider, Serious,  all this 'us vs. them' rhetoric will probably disappear into the same out of control black hole that the rest of the world is going to gurgle into, according to some crackpot. The only good thing about that scenario is that it will be the Froggies & Swiss down the plug hole first! :popcorn: ;D

Blame the likes of Ursus, Bex and Atomic if this happens (all mad scientists the lot of 'em! ).

I'm quite content to leave it as is, but NOOOOOOOOOOO, they must push the envelope until they finally get the big bang, just so they can say, :p, to the creationists.

Hopefully the Socceroos will have a chance to complete the game vs. Uzbekistan before the world turns itself inside out..... :thumbup:

marinermick

Blackadder said:
Where is Pauline and her one nation mob..this would be a perfect time for them.

they are all in the nsw liberal right these days

glenn, i dare u to have a chat with donny parkes about this topic

serious14

Clarence - I just meant the majority of people in this country...... the 'mortgage belt masses' types, y'know??

*checks watch*  Come on Collider, do your thing!!!!

MrCelery

Kareem said:
good ole bogan Camden
Thank God I live in a community that isnt 100% full of bogans...
I know I may cause contraversy by saying this
Newcastle>Camden
:p

Plenty of bogan up here in Scumville.

Sadly, plenty of religious dodginess going on too.

At my child's state pre-school you have to get permission to stop the God-botherers from getting into her mind at 'religious instruction' classes. Once permission is given, she is told to basically sit in a corner while all the other kiddies get brainwashed.

It would be all fine and dandy if all these people taught were good values. Sadly they preach. Badly.

One classic statement at the pre-school orientation from the Catholic preacher-in-charge: "We are tolerant here and accept all faiths, even Jews and Muslims!"

Saints be praised.

Kareem

clarence said:
hasbeen said:
Just a small point here ... discrimination based on someone's religious persuasion is not racism.
Do Muslim folks view themselves as a race of people or as a  religion, I dunno?
i dunno
I see us as a people. I am Egyptian Muslim...Muslim>Egyptian. I view Pakistani , lebanese young muslims much like myself...NB: not the hooligans from Sydney- CC ones are a decent lot!

Paolo

Kareem said:
clarence said:
hasbeen said:
Do Muslim folks view themselves as a race of people or as a  religion, I dunno?
I view Pakistani , lebanese young muslims much like myself...NB: not the hooligans from Sydney
stereotyping all young pakistani and lebanese muslims in sydney as hooligans now???

T

I think religion should be left out of all schools....

If parents choose to teach it then it can be done outside of school hours.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred