• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Should Staj be Given a 5 Year Contract? ....and the Keys to Gosford.

turbo

Football Australia gaslighting of LDV starts - wagons circled, players briefed. Must protect the #1 asset at all costs.

LDV is going to find the world just became a very lonely place sady.
People will ask why go public now and frame it as being bitter from being left out of the Olympics. Problem is the whole setup is geared towards keeping your head down to protect your future interests.
- Burned former coach? Keep things professional to maintain some kind of future employment prospects. Say the wrong thing and you'll be cancelled very quickly.
- Ex player? Are you willing to burn bridges for any 'jobs for the girls' situations that might come up? You need to be prepared to leave football behind and have your reputation dragged through mud.
- Current player? Are you good enough to go up against the clique and stay in the squad? If so how pleasant do you think future camps will be? Maybe you just raise your concerns internally and see them sit in limbo then give up and keep your head down.

Then there's the vested interests of others orbiting the team who dont want to look bad, lose a gig or access to the latest news or story. There isnt much to gain on a personal level by rocking the boat but there's a lot to lose.

I think it is probably more about allaying sponsors fears in the short term.
If the big names being whispered are in the middle of it the team will be gutted, I think it goes beyond sponsors especially with 2023 being hosted here. My bet - you'll see a watered down review, some historical stuff acknowledged and the rest swept under the rug for a few years. Unless multiple reliable sources are willing to burn it all down and possibly be sued for defamation in the process the system the truth wont get into the public eye.

pjennings

If the big names being whispered are in the middle of it the team will be gutted, I think it goes beyond sponsors especially with 2023 being hosted here. My bet - you'll see a watered down review, some historical stuff acknowledged and the rest swept under the rug for a few years. Unless multiple reliable sources are willing to burn it all down and possibly be sued for defamation in the process the system the truth wont get into the public eye.

I think you need to allay sponsors fears while conducting the investigation. As far as 2023 is concerned I think that is more of a reason to do a proper investigation and clean up the act from the elite level to grass roots.

If you want more people playing post 2023 then you need assure parents that little Jane or indeed Joey are safe no matter their sexual preference (or indeed religion, ethnicity or the like)

style_cafe

Turbo - Equality is a double edged sword.

I too heard the rumours at least 20 years ago,
but i`m not surprised it has surfaced again.
There are a number of the players in same sex relationships within the team and with partners in other teams and other sports,I don`t have a problem with that.
Where the problem starts is with the grooming of younger players and all that goes with it.
Here is where equality comes into it.
What would happen if this was the men`s team?
There would be an uprising far greater than what has happened here that`s for sure.
The independent inquiry needs to be lead by someone of high integrity that goes beyond the normal,someone like ex Detective Chief Inspector Peter Fox.
We have one chance to get this right for future generations of Matildas.
Let`s not f**k it up (so to speak)... :popcorn:

true believer

Turbo - Equality is a double edged sword.

I too heard the rumours at least 20 years ago,
but i`m not surprised it has surfaced again.
There are a number of the players in same sex relationships within the team and with partners in other teams and other sports,I don`t have a problem with that.
Where the problem starts is with the grooming of younger players and all that goes with it.
Here is where equality comes into it.
What would happen if this was the men`s team?
There would be an uprising far greater than what has happened here that`s for sure.
The independent inquiry needs to be lead by someone of high integrity that goes beyond the normal,someone like ex Detective Chief Inspector Peter Fox.
We have one chance to get this right for future generations of Matildas.
Let`s not f**k it up (so to speak)... :popcorn:
what's really consistent is this allegation was levelled at the australian womens cricket team as well .
and i'd dare say any other womens team going around .

i not a fan of convicting anyone before the evidence is presented .nor of dismissing a player
with a history of personal grievances out of hand .

style_cafe

what's really consistent is this allegation was levelled at the australian womens cricket team as well .
and i'd dare say any other womens team going around .

i not a fan of convicting anyone before the evidence is presented .nor of dismissing a player
with a history of personal grievances out of hand .
Wait until the videos surface... :popcorn:

Wombat

I think you need to allay sponsors fears while conducting the investigation. As far as 2023 is concerned I think that is more of a reason to do a proper investigation and clean up the act from the elite level to grass roots.

If you want more people playing post 2023 then you need assure parents that little Jane or indeed Joey are safe no matter their sexual preference (or indeed religion, ethnicity or the like)

100%!! my wife who is an Aussie tried hard to stop my daughter playing Football when a teenager as she thought all female Footballers were all bulldykes. I thought she was stupid but she proved me wrong. Now I have a 12yo ripping it up in Netball but I can see she would be an awesome Footballer but I dont want to expose her to a part of society that is not normal.
This shit needs to be addressed now before the morons that destroyed the Matildas hopes of success continue to white ant the game in the name of f**k knows what PR bullshit?

Last edited:

pjennings

I find the bolded bit interesting. It really sounds to me like this is the PR statement. It brushes aside the past. i.e. We are now going to do the right thing and put in a proper process (for the Matildas, while we ignore the past.

In an official statement released on Monday, the current Matildas made the following statement: “We acknowledge the seriousness of Lisa’s allegations about the past and we empathise with her for not feeling like she could come forth earlier.

“We will work with Football Australia, the PFA and Sport Integrity Australia to ensure that all current and future players feel comfortable, safe and able to report instances of inappropriate behaviour, in a timely manner.

“There must also be a trusted process to deal with these complaints.

“We all – from our most capped players to our most recently capped - would like to reassure to our fans, family and friends that today we have a strong professional, inclusive and supportive culture that does not condone any of the behaviour mentioned within the numerous media articles about historical incidents.”

For a PR exercise to deal an immediate problem it probably fits the bill. However, unless a real investigation is done and meaningful change is introduced through football, female and male, from elite down to the grassroots, then this will continue to be a festering problem. Football is not alone with this problem and I hope that Football takes a lead role and addresses the problems that seem to be being reported across a number of sports. If that means leading administrators and players are held to account so be it.

true believer

100%!! my wife who is an Aussie tried hard to stop my daughter playing Football when a teenager as she thought all female Footballers were all bulldykes. I thought she was stupid but she proved me wrong. Now I have a 12yo ripping it up in Netball but I can see she would be an awesome Footballer but I dont want to expose her to a part of society that is not normal.
This shit needs to be addressed now before the morons that destroyed the Matildas hopes of success continue to white ant the game in the name of f**k knows what PR bullshit?

what do you mean , not normal ?

style_cafe

if it's systematic or that of an individual bully in a team of elite athletes .
you know like roy keane kicking ronaldo while they were both a man u .
if it's systematic or that of an individual bully in a team of elite athletes .
you know like roy keane kicking ronaldo while they were both a man u .
The videos don`t show bullying but they do show a lot of flesh etc... :popcorn:

booney

Lots of innuendos and suppositions swirling around the Matildas.Staj's sacking,the abuse allegations by De Vanna and the team's recent performances all point to serious flaws in the culture and team spirit which is a pity with the WC in 2023.The lesbian relationships are neither here nor there as far as I am concerned but the bullying and abuse does not bode well for future performances and other factors such as sponsorship and public support.

Ozhammer

Lots of innuendos and suppositions swirling around the Matildas.Staj's sacking,the abuse allegations by De Vanna and the team's recent performances all point to serious flaws in the culture and team spirit which is a pity with the WC in 2023.The lesbian relationships are neither here nor there as far as I am concerned but the bullying and abuse does not bode well for future performances and other factors such as sponsorship and public support.
I would suggest that the existence of personal intimate relationships between players in a team would almost certainly lead to certain dynamics existing, if not outright issues. For instance, what would happen if two previously intimate players break up and one then forms a relationship with another teammate? I’d proffer that could make for a potentially combustible situation, which is something that is seemingly more prevalent within the women’s game than would likely be the case in the men’s game.

booney

I would suggest that the existence of personal intimate relationships between players in a team would almost certainly lead to certain dynamics existing, if not outright issues. For instance, what would happen if two previously intimate players break up and one then forms a relationship with another teammate? I’d proffer that could make for a potentially combustible situation, which is something that is seemingly more prevalent within the women’s game than would likely be the case in the men’s game.
Agree with your sentiments and analysis but these days to say that the female relationships/breakups would be more combustible than in a similar situation in a male team would lead you to be pronounced as a misogynist or lesbian hater especially on social media sites.

It appears Stajcic's sacking was related to him supposedly "interfering" in intimate relationships in the team by asking for a change in sleeping and rooming arrangements but we will never know.

Allreet?

Agree with your sentiments and analysis but these days to say that the female relationships/breakups would be more combustible than in a similar situation in a male team would lead you to be pronounced as a misogynist or lesbian hater especially on social media sites.

It appears Stajcic's sacking was related to him supposedly "interfering" in intimate relationships in the team by asking for a change in sleeping and rooming arrangements but we will never know.
This was the story I heard (a long time ago) but it wasn't the Matildas...it was the young Matildas, at the time, several of whom are probably fully fledged by now (if that's possible for a marsupial).

Thing is, I couldn't give a rat's about anyone's sexuality, but I could give numerous rats about personal relationships getting in the way of team dynamics. You leave that crap at the door once you accept selection - and everyone's equal. You accept a place in the team, you accept the management's right to determine the sleeping arrangements.

Of course, if everyone had their own room this would be less of a problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami