• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Should Staj be Given a 5 Year Contract? ....and the Keys to Gosford.

Corsair

Do we have any women's coaches on the coast? I'm totally new to the women's game. What about Mrs Monty?!

Ironbark

Dan Barrett?

When do we get an IU.\LW team? If Staj is still out of work then I reckon he might, but expect him to get something else first

Big Dog

When the story around the poor culture in the Matildas leading to the Staj sacking broke I suspected it was based around the relationships in the team. I coached Premier League Women’s football for three years. It was a huge eye opener into the dynamics of relationships in women’s football after coaching in the Men’s game. My experience was it just wasn’t at our club but across many clubs. The grooming is blatant and constant. My daughter was in the squad and was flirted with and had suggestive comments constantly behind my back. The older girls focus on the younger ones, some move clubs due to their relationship breaking up, or because someone they’re attracted to is at another club.
People are entitled to choose the relationships that work for them, but the grooming nature of what I saw on a regular basis should give those with teenage daughters entering Senior football cause to be wary and at the very least a reason to be in regular dialogue with their daughter about their world generally.
The mad thing is that at an elite level the kind of stress endured by some of the players over a prolonged period impacts negatively on their onfield performances and ultimately the teams performance.

scottmac

Suspended
The players involved in the original incidents would be retired or at least very close now wouldn't they? Just going off the idea they were 15-20 years ago. Hopefully that plus the increased expectation of professionalism and how these things are viewed now will mean it goes away.

I do lean towards the theory that Staj copped backlash for pushing a certain level of professionalism and IMO with the attention and money starting to go towards the women's game that's to be expected. Much tougher to take a hardline stance with part timers and a limited talent pool but the level the Matildas are operating at is past that point and will continue to grow. Equality is a double edged sword.
No. Not all of them are retried, and not close either. If we wish to do well at the next women's world cup

Melange

I'd heard that story, from a source close to Matilda's players, the one about not letting partners room together. Didn't hear it connected to him trying to break a cycle of poor culture.

But if it is true players made false allegations to get rid of him, that's ordinary. I find it hard to feel sorry or have much support for the Matilda's when more and more of this garbage surfaces.

turbo

A culture so great for a long time that they had to dump a coach two years ago heading in to a world cup. If you're going to lie at least make it believable.

Tevor

Written by lawyers? Says nothing just motherhood statements.
A realisation on how serious and damaging the allegations are. Agree it is a pretty hollow statement given their track record and the Staj sacking. This is the shake up it needs and to show this behavior will not be tolerated no matter who you are. I hope this is a turning point for the team and women's football in general. Bring it all to the forefront and then move forward bigger and stronger I say.

turbo

A realisation on how serious and damaging the allegations are. Agree it is a pretty hollow statement given their track record and the Staj sacking. This is the shake up it needs and to show this behavior will not be tolerated no matter who you are. I hope this is a turning point for the team and women's football in general. Bring it all to the forefront and then move forward bigger and stronger I say.
It definitely stinks of protecting star players.

pjennings

It definitely stinks of protecting star players.
I think it is probably more about allaying sponsors fears in the short term.

If there is truly an independent inquiry then this should be seen as purely a PR exercise. We need an inquiry to be transparent, say what breaches have been made, what sanctions have been applied and what appeal processes are there. As well as what, if any, incidents have been passed to the police for investigation.

FFC Mariner

Football Australia gaslighting of LDV starts - wagons circled, players briefed. Must protect the #1 asset at all costs.

LDV is going to find the world just became a very lonely place sady.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami