• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Shaun is our Licence Safe

FFC Mariner

His property deal has turned to shit (who knew?) and he has run the club into the ground. In the words of the worlds greatest movie (Snatch) the value is precisely "f**k all"

Wombat

Pikey has knocked back $8.5m allegedly....he aint gonna sell for $5m FFS. I think the tarmac merchant would sell for $10 mill.

He is not a dumb C although he acts like one.

He was happy to take the piss as long as the FFA would allow him but ...............the FFA and other teams are no longer excepting his bullshit and abuse of the league. He has to act like a club owner or f**k off.

Wombat

CISSE was a dud but that's on Muvley although I'm sure Pikey should have said who is half decent but most importantly CHEAP.

pjennings

Mike made his statement today. Come up with $12m and it’s yours. Canberra haven’t, no one has according to MC. You won’t get more honesty than that

Contextually I think he means $12m to get the club and keep it here and he is saying no-one is doing that here. Until there is an independent HAL I can't imagine the FFA allowing him to sell and move - they would simply 'acquire the license'. Once an independent HAL is there I suspect the scenario will change. Firstly the club may be more financial and secondly if not there is no FFA stopping him selling the license and it moving. I suspect the figure for the latter scenario would be greater than $12m given the amounts paid by the expansion clubs.

Ancient Mariner

I imagine the new controlling body will keep the same licence rules as the FFA. I can see no reason for any new controlling body changing them.
If they want the CCM licence in Canberra they will just resume for not meeting metrics and sell a new licence to Canberra.
Why would they let Charlesworth pocket $15m that they could get?

turbo

I imagine the new controlling body will keep the same licence rules as the FFA. I can see no reason for any new controlling body changing them.
If they want the CCM licence in Canberra they will just resume for not meeting metrics and sell a new licence to Canberra.
Why would they let Charlesworth pocket $15m that they could get?

I would expect them to retain at least some sort of approval on a sale or relocation to protect existing interests but if they do allow license changes it makes each license more valuable which would be appealing to many owners. A lot of people are under the assumption they can easily take back the license and MC will go quietly but that's extremely unlikely, chances are things get legal, ugly and expensive. They may be more inclined to let it happen to move on and boost their metrics or maybe even agree on the proviso they get a cut. I don't want any of that to happen but it's still a possibility, hopefully they get the stadium management rights soon and it anchors us to the coast.

Insertnamehere

FFA won’t let him sell the licence for it to be moved. They would lose out on 8-15 mill for a new licence. No effing way are they in a position to do that. The only way is if MC gets his price and the FFA get some sort significant top up payment, maybe 5 or so mill. But the lost 5-10 would have to translate in other areas like tv money and sponsorship.

Insertnamehere

Is it time for the supporters to seriously organise and offer MC a price for say 49%?
Start a trust or Pty ltd company, start a subscription service to show cash flow and then undertake a loan depending on serviceability. When the loan is paid off then funds can then be diverted to say a marquee fund and emergency fund for the club.
6000 odd thousand members plus numerous supporters interstate.
Surely 1000 people would pay 100/m for voting rights and say 5000 paying 25/m for the commitment to the club and community.
Are we organised enough to establish this? IMO it would stabilise our licence.
There's plenty of examples to guide us.
Turns out FFA will only allow 30% fan ownership. So may be worth 3-4 mill. Apparently roar supporters are organising to do just this.

adz

Staff member
Turns out FFA will only allow 30% fan ownership. So may be worth 3-4 mill. Apparently roar supporters are organising to do just this.

Seems like a weird rule. Is there anything documented about this we can have a look at?
What if Charlesworth is a fan. He can't own 100%?

Insertnamehere

Seems like a weird rule. Is there anything documented about this we can have a look at?
What if Charlesworth is a fan. He can't own 100%?
Roar supporters federation had a meeting with roar and FFA 2 years ago to discuss fan ownership. FFA didn’t want a bar of anything near a majority ownership. So they are looking at a 20-30% fan owned allocation.
However i believe Canberra are looking at a 50+1 % fan model.
As for MC, he is the sole director of a company that owns the club. Supporters would own via trust. FFA have the discretion then to decide who’s a fan and who’s a company.

Reactions: adz

Ancient Mariner

I would expect them to retain at least some sort of approval on a sale or relocation to protect existing interests but if they do allow license changes it makes each license more valuable which would be appealing to many owners. A lot of people are under the assumption they can easily take back the license and MC will go quietly but that's extremely unlikely, chances are things get legal, ugly and expensive. They may be more inclined to let it happen to move on and boost their metrics or maybe even agree on the proviso they get a cut. I don't want any of that to happen but it's still a possibility, hopefully they get the stadium management rights soon and it anchors us to the coast.
I never said it would be easy to resume a licence, but the owners of Clubs will be the owners of the new competition. They stand to make more money by not allowing licences to be moved. They will let a Club die if resuming a licence is too difficult.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred