• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Shaun is our Licence Safe

midfielder

Our crowds, ratings, media coverage are all well below metrics set as I understand it to keep your licence.

We have reached a stage where we are not A-League standard, add the falling metrics above and I do wonder aloud if our licence is safe.

Josho Howe

Every offer Charlesworth has gotten to sell has been from people wanting the license to move this team away from the Coast. Shaun said before the game tonight Charlesworth won't sell because he wants the team on the Coast.

Well, how do we justify our existence on tonight's pathetic display? Our loyal fans have been spat on tonight.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Every offer Charlesworth has gotten to sell has been from people wanting the license to move this team away from the Coast. Shaun said before the game tonight Charlesworth won't sell because he wants the team on the Coast.

Well, how do we justify our existence on tonight's pathetic display? Our loyal fans have been spat on tonight.
I suppose we can at least be grateful that's MC's line in the sand - too bad he's trashed the brand, killed the support and made the club unsellable.

scottmac

Suspended
The licence should be taken back and we get forcibly f**ked off. It may be the only way to rid the league of Chatsworth. That Coe gonna be a froggies.

pjennings

Our crowds, ratings, media coverage are all well below metrics set as I understand it to keep your licence.

We have reached a stage where we are not A-League standard, add the falling metrics above and I do wonder aloud if our licence is safe.

The way the license contracts are written the only teams that meet the metrics are Victory and Sydney (if indeed they meet all of them). The FFA would be on very shaky ground if they applied the metrics to some teams but not to others. Then again a full home and away season would only take two weeks. Four if you include West Melbourne.

My question would be - Shaun, how are you going to make our license safe.

Big Al

Also didn’t sell because they didn’t want the COE

Ancient Mariner

I think if that were possible Charlesworth would already have the money in his pocket and Canberra would be in.

The only way this could happen is if the FFA (or new A-League admin) took back CCM's licence (Nth Qld, Gold Coast) and then sold a licence to Canberra.

There is no way the governing body will allow Charlesworth to pocket money that they could get themselves.

Antlion

I think if that were possible Charlesworth would already have the money in his pocket and Canberra would be in.

The only way this could happen is if the FFA (or new A-League admin) took back CCM's licence (Nth Qld, Gold Coast) and then sold a licence to Canberra.

There is no way the governing body will allow Charlesworth to pocket money that they could get themselves.
That's more my concern - FFA taking it back and redistributing.
I think we have one more shot before anything like that happens though. MUST get this next season on an upwards trajectory or else

NoDiggity

That's more my concern - FFA taking it back and redistributing.
I think we have one more shot before anything like that happens though. MUST get this next season on an upwards trajectory or else
It doesn’t take much to take the heat off a club. Look at the nix last season. The “nix out” talk was deafening. They have one half decent season and the rumours stop. I agree we have one more season to turn it around and keep the club on the coast. Making future appointments (manegerial & players) extremely important.

Antlion

Geez that article is sombre reading.
Yeah, this bit especially:
There is also the question of the long-term viability of a club in free-fall, on and off the field.

There are whispers from within the New Leagues Working Group - the body tasked with formulating the structure of the framework for an independently run competition - that the Mariners’ license might be distributed elsewhere, possibly to a second team in Brisbane or even to Canberra.
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/wes...scue-mission-for-mariners?cx_cid=edm:twg:2019

Does anybody know the terms of the TV rights deal?

When the Gold Coast were dropped, they had to create the wanderers as the league could not meet its TV rights obligations (i.e must have 5 games a weekend).

If that provision is in place, once the new Melbourne club comes in the league can give us the can no trouble.

Canberra, the wolves, and i bet a few other regions would love our licence at the moment.

Insertnamehere

Is it time for the supporters to seriously organise and offer MC a price for say 49%?
Start a trust or Pty ltd company, start a subscription service to show cash flow and then undertake a loan depending on serviceability. When the loan is paid off then funds can then be diverted to say a marquee fund and emergency fund for the club.
6000 odd thousand members plus numerous supporters interstate.
Surely 1000 people would pay 100/m for voting rights and say 5000 paying 25/m for the commitment to the club and community.
Are we organised enough to establish this? IMO it would stabilise our licence.
There's plenty of examples to guide us.

Antlion

Shaun

Rumours all over social media we are going to Canberra.

A club statement of intent is needed.
I started suggesting something shady was going on a while back when all of our traffic was heading out and nothing in. We have signed Ingham since I believe.

I still think we have another year before a move could be forced by the FFA. Partly because the FFA has its own changes to sort through right now with its new impending structure.

If we were suddenly a Canberra club though - I'd be devastated but not surprised. Here's hoping. I too would love something solid to hold onto.

Big Al

Shaun

Rumours all over social media we are going to Canberra.

A club statement of intent is needed.
Mike made his statement today. Come up with $12m and it’s yours. Canberra haven’t, no one has according to MC. You won’t get more honesty than that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami