• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Serious adventures.....

serious14

Good evening to you all from Paddy O'Sheas in Beijing - one of the best sports bars I've ever been to. 7 different TV's in the one main room, currently watching the Olympics, the Tri Nations, the EPL, and some more Olympics, all within a 90 degree turn of my head left or right. Bliss. Vodka and lemonade for $2.50 - zomg. And that.s expensive for China - can get a one litre bottle of Stolichnaya at the supermarket for $9.50. 100m sprint is on soon, and Arsenal are up 1-0 against WBA in the 70th. Coming home is gonna be hard..... It really is quite grand here. And we've got a week in Hong Kong to go as well!!!  P.S. T and Bear, I'll get your cameras in HK - cheaper there.  Fish, any further word on what kind of shirt you want??

adz

Staff member
serious14 said:
Good evening to you all from Paddy O'Sheas in Beijing - one of the best sports bars I've ever been to. 7 different TV's in the one main room, currently watching the Olympics, the Tri Nations, the EPL, and some more Olympics, all within a 90 degree turn of my head left or right. Bliss. Vodka and lemonade for $2.50 - zomg. And that.s expensive for China - can get a one litre bottle of Stolichnaya at the supermarket for $9.50. 100m sprint is on soon, and Arsenal are up 1-0 against WBA in the 70th. Coming home is gonna be hard..... It really is quite grand here. And we've got a week in Hong Kong to go as well!!!  P.S. T and Bear, I'll get your cameras in HK - cheaper there.  Fish, any further word on what kind of shirt you want??

oi did you see the Dees had a win? ;D

serious14

Ahoy hoy from the land of the fragrant harbour, Hong Kong!!!!    Currently there's a Level 9 Typhoon signal hoisted, so I'm killing some time in the business centre of the Intercontinental (yes, the Intercontinental - the place our travel agent had booked us into was a shitty guesthouse no more than 4 x 3m at the wrong end of town, so we hit up Wotif.com and scored a deal here) uploading photo's and all that.  Here be some of the best.....

The most kickass building in Beijing - the CCTV Tower

16082008047.jpg

Outfront of the Forbidden City

16082008063.jpg

Jess at the same spot

16082008064.jpg

Dibo's hero

16082008058.jpg

For those Celtic fans out there.....

16082008065.jpg

My view from the Brazil/Argentina game (believe me, it was worth $100 to see all those players on the same field at once)

19082008112.jpg

More to follow.....

serious14

The view from our room....

DSC02462.jpg

At the Summer Palace

DSC02399.jpg

Nighttime in Hong Kong

DSC02411.jpg

Nightime at Victoria Peak

DSC02442.jpg

The old and the new, Hong Kong style

20082008131.jpg

The Brazilian team at Beijing Airport

20082008124.jpg

serious14

My view at the Australia/Ivory Coast game

13082008022.jpg

Looking up at the Great Wall

19082008083.jpg

Looking down at the Great Wall

19082008090.jpg

A flight to f*cking _WHERE_?!?  Pyongyang!!!  :eek: :eek: :eek:

20082008125.jpg

Pokes

Wow.
I was a bit drunk aey...
Thanks for the 3am phone call....much appreciated when some of us are drunk and need to sleep :p

Hope your enjoying your whale in China....or Japan....or wherever the hell you are ;)

serious14

Home now - bought a proper professional camera (Canon EOS 'Rebel' XTI) whilst I was in Hong Kong.... here be some of the end results:

Harbour capers

IMG_0198.jpg

More harbour capers

IMG_0229.jpg

Fun with focusing and such

IMG_0307.jpg

Dunno how I'd describe this one, but I like it

IMG_0318.jpg

_The_ harbour

IMG_0362.jpg

Looking east over mid North Queensland earlier today as sunset was beginning out the other side of the plane

IMG_0427.jpg

And the view from said other side

IMG_0432.jpg

serious14

Righto, got some more photo's sorted..... Hong Kong is an absolute bitch to photograph at night because of the humidity, the sheer amount of light and all the different colors conspiring to f*ck with your focus and such, but if you persevere it's totally worth it:

Jess on the street near the Ladies Market in uptown

24082008033.jpg

More street scenes

24082008034.jpg

Sunset in Yau Ma Tei

DSC02407.jpg

The Great Wall - very great, and even more so steep

19082008089.jpg

*waits for the inevitable penis joke*

IMG_0206.jpg

The colonial centre of Macau

IMG_0232.jpg

The old facade of St Paul's Church

IMG_0249.jpg

And the not so nice part of Macau - about the closest thing to Mexico City in the Far East - that's China (Guangdong) across the river in the background

IMG_0266.jpg

Bear

LOL at jess holding her head in the penis photo. Wonder what she is thinking....... ;)

serious14

Yeah yeah you two, very funny.  :p

Just raided Jess' camera for some more from all over the place:

But of course......

P1010169.jpg

It's not a Transformer - it's a Road Bot.  Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeah!!!!

P1010180.jpg

Rape cheese??

P1010185.jpg

Confucius say, Buddha Belly man very wise follow red team.....

P1010200.jpg

Classic semi-shitfaced pisstake MySpace/Facebook photo

P1010205.jpg

At the Cote d'Ivoire game in Tianjin

P1010214.jpg

No exploding cars you say??

P1010233.jpg

The quick way (an inertial flying fox apparently) down the Great Wall

P1010280.jpg

Suffice to say, Shoelady was not sober that night.....

n621265444_3991090_8352.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred