• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Semi final shenanigans

marinermick

Yorkshire Mariners FC

Not quite sure how they get that so wrong. There is currently a zero percent chance we play Wellington. City play lowest place winner we play highest placed winner.

Ads

My question is why do we have the away leg first?

Surely having the home advantage as the first game and having a better chance at getting the first leg win takes confidence into the second game?

Is the setup based on having a more competitive second game and possibly more viewers/spectacle.

Big Al

My question is why do we have the away leg first?

Surely having the home advantage as the first game and having a better chance at getting the first leg win takes confidence into the second game?

Is the setup based on having a more competitive second game and possibly more viewers/spectacle.
Because if it’s tied after 2nd leg normal time you get the benefit of being at home for extra time and shootout

Plus home ground to help push whatever you need to achieve.

Say your 1-0 up with 5 to go in 2nd game your home crowd support fouls time wasting etc. if you are in Adelaide with 5 to go there crowd is pushing for the tieing goal which is a disadvantage when you finished higher

LifeInSportPodcast

I'm a Stadium member so already have a reserved seat for the game

Tevor

I must admit i don't like the two legged format. I don't think it's enough of a reward for the top two. One home game for the top two would be better in my opinion. I would have still said that if we had finished third.
And if the Nix win City will have to travel to NZ. So glad we don’t have to worry about that scenario it’s only City’s problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred