• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Security at Bluetongue

Jeff (LouMacari)

You may or may not be aware that now a large portion of 'The Bay' is under video surveillance and being recorded. Apparently the police have someone viewing that footage 'live' (under the stadium somewhere) and things like:

missiles being thrown
standing on seats
pitch invasion
etc

will be acted on immediately I'm told. Pitch invasion for instance now carries a lifetime ban from Bluetongue and $$$'s.
Standing on seats will be a warning and a second time will incur a fine over $500 etc.

Smile! You're on candid camera!

adz

Staff member
Nice one Bluetongue management. At least you have your priorities right. Spend money on this shit instead of <insert long list of things to improve game day experience of paying customers>.

I hope they are also on the look out for people wearing opposition jerseys, rugby league jerseys, any other non-mariners related stuff, in our bay causing shit. These are bigger problems than someone throwing a plastic cup.

Way to get your priorities right :thumbup:

f**king big gold star to whoever thought of this.

Deej

throwing missiles - do streamers count as a missile? ;)

Pitch invasion is just stupid and people deserve a ban, standing on seats lol how much does it cost to repair a seat if broken? $500 pfffft? At least security will give a warning, well perhaps?

Seems like our complaints to FFA has only made them angry, and like the Hulk, we won't like them when they're angry!

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!

B

bakery5

If you wear a rugby league t-shirt you should be asked to leave. Come on how dumb can you be, football is played with a round ball.

adz

Staff member
Next thing they will put a decibel meter in front of our bay to make sure we stay inside the EPA noise regulations.

Jeff (LouMacari)

Some good points there.

Bakery, if it's YOU with no shirt then security won't be the ones throwing you out, that will be US throwing you out ;)

Adz - emo's, heavy metal fans, league fans etc causing shit will be the exact kind of stuff these will be used for I think you'll find.

DJ - these were put in place before our complaints to the FFA.

Adz - there isn't a decibel meter invented yet that can record the volume of sound that will be coming from the bay when Mattty Simon scores the winner to take us to 3 - 0 in the 94th minute! ;)

Deej

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
DJ - these were put in place before our complaints to the FFA.

yeah I know just being a smart arse like the rest, you're just passing on the message :)

FFC Mariner

Sad thing is that the new security measures will be enforced by the brain dead tools we have at the moment.

I dont suppose anyone will be checking streamers/missiles from away support on Sunday either??

adz

Staff member
Greenpoleffc said:
Sad thing is that the new security measures will be enforced by the brain dead tools we have at the moment.

Exactly. Someone threw an empty cup? That's on my list of banned activities. OUT! Four Jets fans sitting in the middle of bay 16 wearing full supporter gear? Well, I don't see that on my list...

loyalist

imho the only way to respond to this is to do the olde scarf over the face and top it off with a burberry cap

dibo

forzamariners said:
imho the only way to respond to this is to do the olde scarf over the face and top it off with a burberry cap

because looking like the sterotypical hool will keep you nice and inconspicuous. ;)

serious14

F*cking rubbish decision.  F*cking rubbish idiots will be enforcing it.  This will only end in disaster.

You know what I think??

F*cking rubbish.  :p

Auburn Mariner

First, I must declare an interest here; I am a working, licensed Security Guard.

There are a couple of our Security Guards that are OK, both of them are in a supervisory capacity, one is an ex-Australian Heavyweight Boxing champion and the other one (he is Middle Eastern, bald, 6ft4 and LARGE) runs the show. If you ask these two to do something, it is done (eg, the Newcastle supporters removed from Bay 16 at the last home F3 Derby).

Security firms are legally bound, by contract, to uphold client instructions. If the FFA wants cameras, and strict policing of the Bays, then whoever gets the gig MUST do what they are instructed, or else they can be sued under the Trade Practices Act.

I admit some of our Guards appear intellectually-challenged at times, but my professional understanding of how Security firms work tells me that, by and large, it is the hirer that should be in the firing line, not our Security Guards.

A lot of my friends in the Marinators agree with me that if all Security were as good as the SFS Security, then there would be very few problems. Take the hint, FFA and Stadium Management.

Regards,

David Redden

serious14

dibo said:
forzamariners said:

because looking like the sterotypical hool will keep you nice and inconspicuous. ;)

Rip a flare for the Coastie boys OLE!!!!

adz

Staff member
anyone who flies out of their seat and floats over the ground after a goal will be fined and removed from the premises

~Floss~

adz said:
anyone who flies out of their seat and floats over the ground after a goal will be fined and removed from the premises

And turning yourself into water just to make a puddle on the stadium's beautifully cleaned floor is also banned

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred