• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Schwarzer rumour

FFC Mariner

Middlesbrough goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer is set to sign for Fulham on a free transfer on a two-year deal. (www.dailymail.co.uk, 2159 BST)

FFC Mariner

More

Schwarzer rejects Bayern and Juventus to spend time at Cottage with Fulham

Mark Schwarzer set to sign for Fulham on a free transfer after more than a decade at Middlesbrough. Schwarzer, 35, is expected to sign a two-year deal at Craven Cottage.

The Australian international was wanted by Juventus and Bayern Munich while Middlesbrough also wanted him to stay. He is keen to keep playing at the top level until the World Cup in 2010.

I would have preferred Jaaskilinen, but Schwarzer is a proven PL GK. Most positive aspect for me is that it looks like RH isnt wasting any time. It would be nice to start pre-season with all of "his" players on board.

kevrenor

Greenpoleffc said:
Schwarzer rejects Bayern and Juventus to spend time at Cottage with Fulham
Mark Schwarzer set to sign for Fulham on a free transfer after more than a decade at Middlesbrough. Schwarzer, 35, is expected to sign a two-year deal at Craven Cottage.

Donny Parkes will be beside himself!

Bear

Schwarzer announces move to Fulham - ninemsn

Socceroos goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer was hopeful there'd be no ill-feeling at Middlesbrough after he ended an 11-year stint at the English Premier League club to join rivals Fulham.

The move ended months of speculation about the future of the 35-year-old, who was due to become a free agent next month after 367 games at the Riverside.

"I have signed with Fulham for two years," Schwarzer announced after joining his Australian team-mates in Sydney today, ahead of tomorrow night's international friendly with Ghana at the Sydney Football Stadium.

"I was very confident something would be sorted out. I had a few other options but felt this was the best one for me.

"I haven't really had the chance to let it sink in yet."

Schwarzer is set to play against a Ghana side missing star Michael Essien, who was involved in Chelsea's penalty shootout loss to Manchester United in the Champions League final.

The Black Stars will also be without flamboyant Portsmouth midfielder Sulley Muntari, after he was advised not to travel so soon after being involved in the FA Cup final win over Cardiff last weekend.

"Obviously it's a long trip ... but I feel fine. I trained this morning. I'm almost 100 per cent," said Schwarzer.

The custodian said he'd had his mind half made up "a while ago", feeling the timing was right to leave Middlesbrough.

A call from Fulham goalkeeping coach Mike Kelly helped twist his arm a bit further.

"The goalkeeping coach who is there was my very first goalkeeping coach in England ... who took me to Middlesbrough at the time," Schwarzer said.

"He was in contact with me and was very enthusiastic about me coming to the club.

The London club only narrowly escaped relegation with a last-day win away at Portsmouth earlier this month, while Middlesbrough finished four places higher in 13th.

He had been linked with moves to German giants Bayern Munich, a possible switch to Italy and Boro also offered a new contract.

"I don't think anyone can really say anything negative about my stay at Middlesbrough," he said.

"I was very, very loyal to the club and I fulfilled the contract that I had with them so there's nothing more really to talk about.

"I don't really want to speak about this at this moment in time. I'd like to speak about the game and concentrate on the game for us. After the game on Friday night ... we can talk more about my future, no problems," he said.

The veteran was originally due to arrive from England last Monday but his trip was delayed so he could continue contract negotiations.

He was relieved to have his future sorted out before the four crucial World Cup qualifiers next month but admitted he would have loved the deal to have been done even sooner so he could have been in camp with the Socceroos all week.

"I felt that it was important to sort it out sooner rather than later so it didn't affect any preparations for the qualifiers, obviously," he said.

And a day after Verbeek announced the Ghana game was striker Joel Griffiths' chance to prove himself ahead of "Super June", the A-League player of the year said today he was ready to take his opportunity.

"(Verbeek's) given me a chance and I've just got to try and take it with both hands. It's a big occasion and I'm looking forward to it," Griffiths said.

Middlesbrough chief executive Keith Lam said the club had tried to keep Schwarzer by offering him an extension to his contract, which was due to run out this summer.

But he said he wished the Australian well at Fulham and added that his departure would enable teammates Ross Turnbull and Australian Brad Jones to now compete to be the club's number one `keeper.

"I think Mark and Middlesbrough could probably do with a change," Lamb told Middlesbrough's website.

"We did offer him a new two-year deal but he has chosen to go elsewhere, which is obviously his prerogative."

Schwarzer joined Boro in a STG1.25 million ($A2.56 million) move from Bradford City in 1997 and made 367 league appearances for the club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred