• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Sainsbury suspended for one game..no right of appeal

scottmac

Suspended
You so funny! :lol: :) :unsure: :huh: :blink: :(
cry.gif
:fireup:

So who's the next youngster to get a go?

bikinigirl

. from the linked article:

"The Independent Match Review Panel today announced Sainsbury would be banned for one match, without the option for the player or his club to appeal the decision, as the challenge was considered to be serious foul play."

... the only serious challenge was with the eyes

. i haven't seen anything about leijer being cited for trying to snap kwassie in two either

shipwreck

Let's just take it on the chin and move on, MV have had plenty of red cards, not saying that makes it ok but wecan rise above this!!

Remember the Perez incident? Makes this seem pleasant

Roy Law

The point is that the tackle was reckless; from where the referee stood it looked bad enough for a red card. Sainsbury should learn from this - instead of diving in he could have easily stood his ground and held back. Next time,hopefully, he will.

ash460

I thought watching it that he had the intent from about 5 metres away and committed to lunging in whether or not the ball was there. I don't have a problem with the red or week off. Just hoping for consistency

dibo

He had a foot raised and studs exposed - bad.
He was going past the ball - not so bad.
He was *very* late - bad.
He made no contact, fabio ran into him - not so bad.

I can see why it was red, I can see why the week off has been given, but it *really* irks me that there were other worse challenges in the same match as well as others in the same weekend.

Football authorities seem to develop periodic fetishes for punishment - once upon a time it was for tackles from behind (around th 94 world cup in particular), there was once a taste for punishing raised arms in heading contests (as Vinnie Grella found in the 2007 Asian Cup) and now it seems to be raised feet.

I've no issue with it, as long as the rules are consistently applied and they don't change their mind every few years. The LoTG aren't changing wildly, so just as Sainsbury was sent off, Leijer should have been for a reckless tackle from behind (because there's no way for the tackled player to see and avoid the pending threat and there was no regard whatsoever for the tackled player's safety) and frankly Jacob Burns should be sent off weekly for raising his arms in heading contests.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred