• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rumored Go Slow on F3 - 1/7/08

Bex

Greenpoleffc said:
Just the Parrott trying to embarrass the Govt to suit his own fascist agenda

Yeh, I made the mistake of switching over to the Parrot this morning and I just could not believe how biased and alarmist they were. He got Peirs Ackerman on air as well to push the agenda. What was it? Something like "the force of a million trains crashing" was how he described the the current economy.

I felt like ringing and asking him whether, if Howard was still in, the inflationary pressure would suddenly disappear, and whether it just may have been Howard's desperate policies formulated to stay in power that might have got us there to begin with, but there would have been no point as he only gets stooges on air anyway.

dibo

Bex said:
Greenpoleffc said:
Just the Parrott trying to embarrass the Govt to suit his own fascist agenda

Yeh, I made the mistake of switching over to the Parrot this morning and I just could not believe how biased and alarmist they were. He got Peirs Ackerman on air as well to push the agenda. What was it? Something like "the force of a million trains crashing" was how he described the the current economy.

I felt like ringing and asking him whether, if Howard was still in, the inflationary pressure would suddenly disappear, and whether it just may have been Howard's desperate policies formulated to stay in power that might have got us there to begin with, but there would have been no point as he only gets stooges on air anyway.

it's hilarious how bad the two of them are by themselves. combined it must be even worse.

higher transport costs and an appreciating AUD are hurting manufactured and service exports as well as tourism, while domestically banks have no option but to force borrowing costs up in response to the global credit crunch (that in itself is almost entirely the fault of a number of greedy and stupid american banks).

as they force borrowing costs up, people cut back discretionary spending and the economy slows. unemployment will rise and wages will ease and this will just about knock off the inflation problem too.

this would happen with either party at the helm, and it's actually the work of prime ministers hawke, keating and howard that have set the country up to ride these things out.

it's a similar situation in a couple of ways to the 97 asian financial crisis in that the 'automatic stabilisers' in the economy (independent central bank, decentralised IR system, deregulated finance) allow us to ride through with the government essentially keeping it on autopilot.

W

Wilson

Traffic Alert...
100 trucks leaving Caltex Warnervale at 6.15 am
They will travel at between 60- 80 kmh
Expected to arrive in Sydney at 8 am
Motorists are advised to delay their trips or catch public transport

FFC Mariner

60 -80 kph???

No change there then.

On the economy, the people who will get done over are the usual cannon fodder. Working families with high debt levels, pensioners on fixed incomes and the usual idiots who believed that asset prices only ever go up. Good Federal election to lose IMHO.

Just finished reading a book on the US credit crunch of 1907............eerily similar and depressing to see that their banking system still has the same systemic faults as 101 years ago.

Pokes

It was a little hectic this morning, but not too bad.

However, I did find ironic, on the back of one of the trucks it said:

"Like Life in the Fast Lane? Become a driver today. Call 283973982987392 or whatever number it was"
So many cops out though...I still don't understand why they wouldn't of been booked? If a car was going 60 on the F3, they would be booked for being a hazard.

As for the i like boys thing, ignore it. I was getting shipwreck back for calling me the Onionator.

FFC Mariner

I suspect the "boys" comment was aimed elsewhere ...............

Left the CC at 6:30 this am neatly avoiding the drugged up tosswits who regularly ruin the drive for everyone else.

I hope no one was inconvenienced by these idiots and no doubt the market makers in Singapore are deciding how much to reduce drude oil prices by as we speak.

Put it up to $3 a litre now (rather than wait for carbon trading) and drive these wankers out of business.

See how much support the parrott gives u then

Bex

Yeh, I left Mardi at 6:10 and missed the trucks. Unfortunately, everyone else did that too so when I hit Berowra it was a crawl. I got off onto the Pacific Hwy, which was possibly the wrong thing to do, but I just didn't want to get to the top of the big dipper and see the traffic stretched into the distance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred